Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    What about a limited amount of locks? like maybe one per hour? its enough time for a mod to come check out why it has been closed.
    By the time that has happened, the discussion would have died already, because the thread got locked, and we don't want discussions to die because of that, we want people to have discussions and stopping one because the OP just felt like locking his/her thread isn't really a good thing.

There's no purpose for all of this other than trolling people I'm afraid.

One lock per hour? Lol you shouldn't even make a thread more than once a week by my standards.

Waiting for moderators IS pretty annoying, and most of the time they'll decide they don't want to take action. Or they'll have to ask other moderators on what decision to make. (Unless you get someone pro like Darsithis or Sunshine who do whatever they want.)

*ahem* Nah you shouldn't be able to moderate or even lock your own thread. People are gonna be assholes or derail the thread or make some stupid useless uninformative post that doesn't even contribute to the discussion and there's nothing you can do about it, and the moderators probably won't take that much action unless the post is blatently against the rules. (Not to say they should or should not take action, just that this forum isn't strict.)

If you see something, report it, that's all you can do.

(Or, you can check which moderators are online, and if there's a cool one on you're friends with PM them and see if they can do something. I do that shit all the time.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Waiting for moderators IS pretty annoying, and most of the time they'll decide they don't want to take action
    This is a large reason why users can't moderate their own threads. A forum is for discussion, and many times we won't intervene in the discussion unless it's off-topic like you said. Just because we don't do anything when reports are made doesn't mean we aren't looking at the reported posts. It will also vary with who all looks at the posts
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Maybe they make the comment deleting thing a looong and tiresome process, like having to send them a fax (an ACTUAL fax) saying which comment you want deleted is. That could deter abuse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturtok View Post
    Maybe they make the comment deleting thing a looong and tiresome process, like having to send them a fax (an ACTUAL fax) saying which comment you want deleted is. That could deter abuse
    Really, the 'report' button should be sufficient. That sends an email to every mod in charge of the forum to review. The Supers also regularly go through the reports for all forums. It would be very unusual for a report to get missed entirely.

But on top of hitting the 'report' button, one can also PM a mod(s) that is in charge of that particular forum with reasonable requests. You can see which of us are currently logged in by looking at the active logins below the forums, or viewing our individual profiles. I know sometimes I'm around but really busy and not handling reports [yet], but I will still read a PM if I get one.

Now, we're not going to delete posts that disagree with you or whatever -- in fact we rarely delete posts of any kind unless they are advertising or extremely inappropriate -- but we will do our best to handle things within the rules and our authority if something really inappropriate is happening, through whatever means you let us know about problematic posts.

There's really no need for a user to have this kind of power (aside from the logistics that would basically require new forum software) in their own threads because if someone is breaking the rules, a mod will handle it for you. If they're not breaking the rules, then it's inappropriate to censor them anyway, regardless of who made the original post.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Well it seems like this idea wont go anywhere, this is where i would have closed my thread
    Not that i don't understand why it isn't a good idea afterall. But after seeing the points of whats wrong with the idea more than 10 times
    I think its time for a lock!