Deleted

Red face Best Way To Make Gold?

Sup guys, I was wondering the best way I could make gold.
    I've been fortunate enough to play in a good guild since level 1 and I'm interested in heirlooms.
    But I'm not sure what the most effective way of making money would be?

I'm level 30.

Cheers!

From level 30 the best way to make Gold is to level. Quest rewards are fairly profitable. Other than that pick up gathering professions Like herbing and mining and sell the proceeds.

Don't be shy to work the streets.
    As a mage, you can make a decent penny selling ports in major cities. However, always remember to get full payment up front.

My personal favorite is dal ports, since, unless they explicitly mention it, they will hand me some of their gold (which i will accept with a smile), /wave goodbye and step through.. to plummet into a crater. I usually /w them while they are loading and thank them for their business right before I quite group.

I usually add a few "xD" or "<3" extra, just for added effect.

Yes, I know. I should be a warlock.

edit:
    most of the times, they end up thinking its some bug.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Mebhy said, take up a gathering profession and sell the mats you get on the AH. You don't need to go out of your way to farm, and a lot of the middle-tier mats sell for quite a bit for people power leveling. Also, sell all of the cloth you get on the AH, as it is also in demand for power leveling.

Deleted
    Thanks for replying I have tailoring and enchanting as my primary and secondary professions. I was led to believe these would be best on a mage. Argh, questing! The bane of my life. Since discovering instances/dungeons I have taken a sudden dislike to questing. Is there anywhere you would recommend for questing at my level. I'm Alliance on PvE server.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 02:46 AM ----------

Wow! So many replies so quickly! I don't know what 'Ports' are. I'm relatively new to WoW (had it a couple of years, never got the hang of it, gave up, began playing recently)
    Last edited by mmoc34e331cd73; 2013-01-02 at 02:47 AM.

Deleted
    The map will give you an idea of the level of each zone for questing. Try to keep it in green/yellow areas if it's your first char
    You can make plenty of gold from dungeons too, us you won't be as tempted to waste the gold on gear upgrades.
    Also, although you'll meet some real jerks in dungeons, you'll meet really helpful folk too that'll give you tips for making the most of your character
    By the time you reach level 60 it'll feel like you have gold coming out your ears! My main char is level 90 with about 10,000 gold, and that's not even seen as an awful lot

Deleted
    Ahh hopefully! I just wanna make a little to buy a couple of heirlooms maybe I'll sell some linen, it seems to go for quite a lot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karuto View Post
    Ahh hopefully! I just wanna make a little to buy a couple of heirlooms maybe I'll sell some linen, it seems to go for quite a lot
    Just remember that you need to be at a certain level of reputation with your Guild to buy the guild heirloom pieces. It took me a little while to get that much rep with my first character! But the best way to get reputation with your guild fast is to quest, unfortunately! Don't stress too much about the heirlooms if this is your first character for a while, apart from the xp boost, they're no better than blues you'll get in dungeons really. Focus more on experiencing and enjoying the new content

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Just remember that you need to be at a certain level of reputation with your Guild to buy the guild heirloom pieces. It took me a little while to get that much rep with my first character! But the best way to get reputation with your guild fast is to quest, unfortunately! Don't stress too much about the heirlooms if this is your first character for a while, apart from the xp boost, they're no better than blues you'll get in dungeons really. Focus more on experiencing and enjoying the new content
    Reputation is super easy now with questing. My monk was exalted by level 24.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Reputation is super easy now with questing. My monk was exalted by level 24.
    Yeah, but do you already have a char exalted with that guild?

Deleted
    I've already checked, I'm honoured with my guild
    Thanks for you help though

Quest at that lvl or do dungeons. Loot everything from the mobs and vendor it. Leveling enchanting without back up is really hard. I spent about 8k leveling enchanting to 600. And that's half the mats I paid for. Tailoring Is ok if you loot the mobs. The cloth will build up over time.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gathering professions are the way to go at your level but you said you have tailoring / enchanting so stick with those, they are really good.

You have more options for making gold at max level. If you can bank enough gold you can even start playing the auction house (buy low, sell high). There are addons that will scan the AH for you and collect data so you know when something is above or below the market value.

Selling cloth and the materials you get from disenchanting magic items might be a decent way to earn gold depending on your server.

Good luck!

Deleted
    Amazing how many, instantly replies to silly questions, when OP is a girl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    Amazing how many, instantly replies to silly questions, when OP is a girl
    Ah... so b/c the pic is of a girl, it must therefore be a girl. I count 2 pikachu in this thread, how is that even
    possible for there to be two of the same creature in the same thread at the very same time AAAAHHHHH!
    But yea, avatars mean nothing. xD

OT: If you tailoring/enchanting aren't maxed out, it's worth dropping them to pick up the Gathering
    profs until you make it to 90. It's worth it in the end, it really is. Once you're max level,
    you can use some of the gold you earned to level your Tailoring/Enchanting.

(my personal tidbit of advice too... sell everything. Every. Thing. Unless you can 100% guarantee
    you'll want the item by max level, just sell every single little thing you find.)

ps I'M AN EYEBALL!!
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Quest at that lvl or do dungeons. Loot everything from the mobs and vendor it. Leveling enchanting without back up is really hard. I spent about 8k leveling enchanting to 600. And that's half the mats I paid for. Tailoring Is ok if you loot the mobs. The cloth will build up over time.
    For real? I earned 3k by lvling enchanting in the end of Cata (Outland EU alliance). And I had JC as the other proffesion, never took a step outside of SW while doing it.

How to earn gold while lvling - QUESTING, yes - wanna earn gold, do it. Pick up enchanting, and DE everything you dont need, tailoring isnt halfbad, as you can get even more items to DE (Though I believe selling the cloth pieces if more profit, depends on server realy). Gathering low lvl ore(mining)/herbs(herbalism) are also a great way to earn some extra gold on.

But yeah, mainly doing quests only will give you like 5k each expansion (1-60, 60-70, 70-80, 80-85, 85-90), gold may vary as I havent lvled from lvl 1 since WotLK, but I do believe thats the amount. My girlfriend got 13k gold now on her first char(She's 87), no proffesions and we RaF lvled to 85 (Less gold earned as we just spammed dungeons all the way to 85.)

Gold is fairly easy to earn in this game now..
    Last edited by Noxina; 2013-01-04 at 08:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Yeah, but do you already have a char exalted with that guild?
    Guild exp comes a lot faster now than it used to, so he probably already is exalted.

Edit: Ah, saw the reply saying honored. Oh well, won't take long, I promise

I'd go with gathering professions too, and if you quest a lot, don't shy from skinning. Leather, at least on my realm, sells for way more than ore. I've always found herb and mining easier to level though, but that's because I first leveled up a holy paladin and hate killing mobs because of how awful it was on that holy paladin back in the day xD
    Last edited by Rastas; 2013-01-04 at 08:10 AM.

Get to Outland (yes, I know you're not there yet), farm Netherweave, sell a bunch of bags on the AH.

If you're bored or don't like leveling where you are, try the other continent - it'll mix things up a bunch.

Lower level Enchanters can still make money, but that's about grinding the mats and providing the heirloom enchants more than anything.

Tailoring has always been a mixed bag as a money-maker - but the netherweave bags sell a lot because of their size and their relatively low price (most people will fill their character's bag slots and their bank slots with 16 slot bags first).

And yes, Tailoring/Enchanting is a common combination and Tailoring is the best PVE profession for casters... BUT that's at max-level. You're not there yet, and seem to be taking your time leveling, so don't be afraid to drop one or the other for a gathering profession (just know that old world mats don't always sell with the same frequency or price).
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!