Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

[Movies] Great movies that nobody seems to talk about?

I don't know why, but I got to thinking about Pan's Labyrinth today. For some reason, nobody ever seems to talk about it, yet I actually consider it among one of the better, unique movies I've ever seen. It's definitely strange, and DEFINITELY not a "feel-good" movie, but it just really left an impression on me, for some reason.

What are some other great, but often-overlooked movies? Something that either never got much exposure, or that "everyone's heard about, but nobody's ever seen"?

Deleted
    Requiem for a Dream is very overlooked. If/When I mention it when talking to friends almost nobody seem to heard about it. And if they did they have not seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Pan's Labyrinth
    you might not hear anyone talk about it, but it's pretty much THE movie that put guillermo del toro on the movie map

Galaxy Quest.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the movie "Moon," but no one seems to have heard of it... it's part Castaway, part 2001: A space odyssey.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Rocky movies?

DEM MOTIVATIONAL SONGS!

All of the Ip Man movies.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Blood In Blood Out. The acting is really cheesy at times but It's a really good movie. I only know one other person that has seen it or even heard about it.

Oh and, The Station Agent. It's the movie that launch Peter Dinklage's career, awesome little indie film.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2013-01-02 at 07:59 PM.

Serious man.

After Life
    Great film, that had a great influence on me.

Hot Rod, its kinda what napoleon dynamite should have been, you know funny.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some more known, but still not talked about so much movies -

Training Day. One of my personal favorites, this movie is remembered by most as "the one where Denzel Washington won an oscar." But the writing in this movie is freaking awesome. Very deep themes. All the actors do very well, and the pacing is excellent.

Children of Men. Nobody ever seems to mention this, but its probably the best movie I've ever seen. Everything about it is amazing.

Some lesser known movies few people have heard of -

Drive. Great movie. Would recommend it to anyone.

The Road. A few of you may have seen this, but its still not talked about as much as it should be. Very well made film.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    "Mr. Nobody" is one of my favorites. I don't know that many people who've seen it without me forcing them to.
    I watched it when it first came out, because i love 30 Seconds to Mars. The movie is great and deserves more attention.

Deleted
    I'm guessing most people haven't heard of a movie called Hesher. Best movie I've seen in a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Galaxy Quest.
    ....No.

OT:

Brick, with Jospeh Gordon Levitt, it is quite hilarious, refreshingly unique, and idk it just grabbed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    ....No.

OT:

Brick, with Jospeh Gordon Levitt, it is quite hilarious, refreshingly unique, and idk it just grabbed me.
    you didn't like galaxy quest, that movie is great! I also only found brick to be just ok, like its just a noir movie in color and in high school.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilperch View Post
    Some more known, but still not talked about so much movies -

Children of Men. Nobody ever seems to mention this, but its probably the best movie I've ever seen. Everything about it is amazing.
    I luuurrrrvvv Children of Men. It's the only movie I've ever cried during.

My pick: Oldboy - Dude is locked up for years and years in a motel room, get let out one day, awesome fight scenes ensue

10+ Year Old Account
    Rubber
    10chars

The Illusionist
    In my opinion at least. I don't think a lot people have seen it let alone talk about it. It came out the same year as The Prestige which got most of the praise, but I thought The Illusionist was much better.