Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oldboy(actually, basically everything the director has done could qualify)
    I Saw the Devil
    Suspiria(people told me how "scary" movies like Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity were, I saw them and wasn't impressed at all, didn't come close to the atmosphere and horror this one did)

Other movies that have been mentioned like Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth are very good, but these were movies that were pretty highly acclaimed when they came out, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    R.o.t.o.r - a total robo cop rip off but its so bad its funny
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Drive
    &
    The Raven
    !

10+ Year Old Account
    The Raven? You mean that p.o.s. about Edgar Allen Poe that basically stole it's storyline from Castle... yeah there's a reason people don't talk about that film .

I would say In Bruges. I've shown that film to so many people and the reaction has always been "OMFG how have I not heard about this film before now" It's the only film I've seen Colin Farrel in where I've NOT wanted to hit him, add in Brendon Gleeson, Raplh Fiennes and a RAZOR sharp script and there's no reason for anyone NOT to like this film. Unless you've got a problem with large amounts of swearing...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    I luuurrrrvvv Children of Men. It's the only movie I've ever cried during.

My pick: Oldboy - Dude is locked up for years and years in a motel room, get let out one day, awesome fight scenes ensue
    What about the lion king :O?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelibertycomplex View Post
    No jk, Drive.
    But Drive was one of the most talked about films of 2011 :O

OT: Most of Paul Thomas Anderson’s (one of my favorite directors/screenwriters) movies are not well-known to the mainstream audience, note Hard Eight, Magnolia (one of my favorite movies) and Punch-Drunk Love (also one of my favorite movies). Synecdoche, New York by one of my other favorite filmmakers, Charlie Kaufman. It is one of the most ambitious, intelligent and well made movies I have ever seen, and it is a masterpiece. 25th Hour from 2002, directed by Spike Lee, a drama with an excellent ensemble with multiple nomination-worthy supporting performances and a (so far) career-best performance by Edward Norton as a man who has 25 hours of freedom before going to jail, a stunning drama with one of the best scenes I can remember. And at last, Sidney Lumet’s last film, Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead, a superb crime drama about two brothers who plan to rob their parents’ jewelry store, and everything goes wrong. The movie then chronicles the 2 brothers and their father as they deal with the outcome.

Just realized all the movies I mentioned are starring Philip Seymour Hoffman. No wonder he is my favorite actor.

1941. Cracks my shit up and the cast list is amazing.

Airplane. Really the only people that talk about it often are involved int he aviation industry. it needs a wider audience.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    The Illusionist
    In my opinion at least. I don't think a lot people have seen it let alone talk about it. It came out the same year as The Prestige which got most of the praise, but I thought The Illusionist was much better.
    Agreed. Similar to Braveheart and Rob Roy....came out at almost same time but Rob Roy was completely overshadowed by Braveheart. Braveheart is an outstanding movie but, IMO, Rob Roy was better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    take shelter
    This was one of my favorite movies of 2011, absolutely fantastic. Bright proof that independant productions and original stories can still result in success. Such a shame no one saw it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated Drive

Those awkward 5 minute silent stares between the two characters just annoyed me and were so uncomfortble and unrealistic. If someone looked at me like that I'd wonder wtf he was staring at. I found myself wanting to fast forward it a few times. The best thing for me that came out if that movie, was it's soundtrack

/Umbrella!
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    I hated Drive

Those awkward 5 minute silent stares between the two characters just annoyed me and were so uncomfortble and unrealistic. If someone looked at me like that I'd wonder wtf he was staring at. I found myself wanting to fast forward it a few times. The best thing for me that came out if that movie, was it's soundtrack

/Umbrella!
    Like you I did not like Drive. Drive was straight up boring. There I said it. The movie had its moments but certainly doesn't hold a candle to There Will Be Blood.

Deleted
    Drive was a great movie, and I enjoyed every single moment of it. But sure, If you were expecting something like "Fast and the furious" you should probably have watched a different movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Like you I did not like Drive. Drive was straight up boring. There I said it. The movie had its moments but certainly doesn't hold a candle to There Will Be Blood.
    Well, that's your opinion, but I thought it was very well done and certainly not boring. There Will Be Blood was great also.

Deleted
    Never Let Me Go - fantastic film

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    This was one of my favorite movies of 2011, absolutely fantastic. Bright proof that independant productions and original stories can still result in success. Such a shame no one saw it.
    I actually tried to give it a try but I couldn't bear myself to watch it, it was just... so boring and nothing interesting was happening...

I need to give it a try again though. :/

Deleted
    Dogville.....

Deleted
    Thank You For Smoking. Best dialogue ever

Dark City was really awesome, shame it didnt get more attention in its day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    Pan's Labyrinth is amazing and I've seen it a few times.
    Yeah it was, great movie! The first time I watched it we were eating pizza. Took a big old bite just as the officer took the bottle to that guy's face, definately not a scene meant to inspire hunger...