Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Into The West;
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104522/?ref_=sr_5

Due to the campy promo pictures and movie cover, and because it was done entirely in Ireland with one sorta-known actor and a barely known actress (who I believe were at one time married), it got very little attention in the states. The story itself is based on an Irish legend, and it ultimately ends up as a fantasy even though it doesn't play as one until the last like 10 minutes. But it's one of my absolute very favourite films and I almost cried when I found it at a used DvD store for $3. Best day ever.

Dead Girl, Moon, Cloud Atlas... those are the first three that pop into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Requiem for a Dream is very overlooked. If/When I mention it when talking to friends almost nobody seem to heard about it. And if they did they have not seen it.
    Ah, Requiem for a Dream. The movie that everyone MUST watch, but nobody ever wants to watch it again. Once is well-worth the experience, but not an experience you wish to experience twice.

I shall add to the list The Machinist. For one, it shows just how much of a method actor Christian Bale is (He's frighteningly skinny in this movie. You can literally see his bones through his skin. It's an imagine that won't leave your mind for a good long while). Plus, I can relate to a good insomnia story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Not quite the greatest movie of all times, but different and very charming, which does it for me. And with Robert Downey Jr.
    Last edited by mmoc1848483d5d; 2013-07-09 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the Wind Blows is mind opening, scary, and sad. I don't think most people have even heard of it, let alone talk about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Place beyond the Pines, under-rated movie. Enjoyed it alot with it's plottwists.

Also, The Prestige. (Under-rated IMO. :P Not sure what you guys think.)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Man from Snowy River.
    Dances with Wolves
    Once upon a time in America
    Zulu
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    The Bridges of Madison County. One of the most heartbreaking films I have ever watched. One of Eastwood's best (and also one of his most atypical), and that says a lot.

10+ Year Old Account

Cloud Atlas was a masterpiece. A pity most will never understand it while those who do use it's teachings to understand the never ending hate and stupidity. Loved hearing my 6'5 250 pacifist friend say,

"Dosn't matter what we do, the evil just recreates itself as time moves on. The only real choice is if I decided to take action or not. By not acting I just support that which i despise."

I was moved that day.

8MM and Lord of War. Don't let Nicholas Cage's starring roles fool you, both of these are excellent films. The first has a terrific cast, featuring Joaquin Phoenix, Chris Bauer and the late great James Gandolfini, while the second sports a favorite of mine, Eamonn Walker.

Deleted
    Some of the older onse are great.

Forbidden Planet
    Logen's Run
    Colossus The Forbin Project (1970) - I watched this the other day. It reminded me of I-Robot and Terminator =p

Galaxy Quest is the REAL Star Trek 10. (Star Trek: Nemesis was an utter disgrace).

I, Robot is often overlooked.

Other movies such as Braveheart and Rambo

Moon dir by Duncan Jones staring Sam Rockwell

Sunshine dir by Danny Boyle staring Cillian Murphy, Chris Evans, Mark Strong, and several others.

I've been a big fan of Harmony Korine for awhile and when I finally got around to seeing his latest most popular movie, I was stunned.
    Spring Breakers was a big relief from all the regular bullshit we see in film and I hope people as open minded as I am see this film and enjoy it as much as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy McNasty View Post
    I've been a big fan of Harmony Korine for awhile and when I finally got around to seeing his latest most popular movie, I was stunned.
    Spring Breakers was a big relief from all the regular bullshit we see in film and I hope people as open minded as I am see this film and enjoy it as much as I did.
    I understand people dislike it because they didn't know what the message was or what he was trying to do. But I dislike it because I did get the message but I think there were far better movies that had the same message, just executed better. Of course people are making it that you can't dislike the movie because if you do you just "don't get it". Just my two cents, I respect your opinion. For the record James Franco was amazing in it, simply because I had no clue it was him for sure, I had to look it up.

On topic I have to promote Stitches http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2126362/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 because it's a home grown irish film so it's not exactly got publicity, and Ross Noble is hilarious. It's a cheesy gore humor flick about a killer clown set in Ireland.

Airdoll http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1371630/ a movie about a cheap plastic sex doll that becomes human and gets a job. It's a pretty cool movie about how everyone is empty in different ways and we need to find things to complete ourselves. Unexpected feels will be had.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0248845/?ref_=sr_1
    I love love love this movie. It has a great soundtrack that crops up in my itunes daily, it's funny, quirky and sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valhalla Rising. One of the best movies I've ever seen. Such a great movie but so underrated, I guess most people prefer Hollywood bullshit with action, sex, and lots of bad language.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Cloud Atlas was a masterpiece. A pity most will never understand it while those who do use it's teachings to understand the never ending hate and stupidity. Loved hearing my 6'5 250 pacifist friend say,

"Dosn't matter what we do, the evil just recreates itself as time moves on. The only real choice is if I decided to take action or not. By not acting I just support that which i despise."

I was moved that day.
    Damn. Well now I have to watch it. /curious

Renting on iTunes tonight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    Damn. Well now I have to watch it. /curious

Renting on iTunes tonight
    It's a really great movie. Most people might not understand it at first, I sure as hell didn't understand it very well because of the timelines, but if you watch it a second time(when ever you feel like of course), the chances of understanding it are greater.

10+ Year Old Account
    a seriously good brain teaser of a film that i know many of my friends and not many people i speak to know about or have seen is K-Pax with kevin spacey and jeff bridges, a really really good movie to watch, and it leaves you thinking, great for a rainy day imho.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272152/