Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Problem with SB, SS and SoC interaction

Hello fellow Locks,

Since a couple of weeks there is something that bugs me and I just wanted to ask if any of you experience the same problem as me and if there maybe even mght be an easy solution:

I realized this as a major problem on Windlord in HoF for the first time. When I am using SoC and right after I want to SB:SS, the SoC consumes the SB midflight and my SS takes off all the dots from the target. Until I realized thid, 3-4 seconds went by and my dots are totally screwed up. And waiting 2 seconds until the seed actually hit the target cant be the solution either :/.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated as always!

regards

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't actually run into this issue personally. I'll try to replicate it in LFR, but if I don't post back, assume I can't. You can try posting on the bug report forums as well and see if anyone else is running into it. It might be lag, mechanics, or interactions between items and procs. Hard to pin down without more information.

You know, I had this issue last week on Windlord, I think it honestly has to do with your latency/lag because I did not have the issue this week; obviously, I was lagging last week for some reason. I think you're going to notice it on windlord/ambershaper just because of the amount of soc + sb/ss casting you're doing. All of the instant casts + lag = HRM

I have the same problem here.

Playing from Brazil, always having about 190~200ms and this happen all the time.

If i'm in the middle of the SoC spam and start to SB:SS i have to wait a bit to the seed actually land its target to start spamming SB:SS macro.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    May be latency related, I rarely pull ahead of 20 ms, so I can't seem to replicate it.

Deleted
    My latency is good most of the time, But I always experience this issue. Around 30-50ms

Oh, you guys have luck playing with 30-50, I play in Brazil with 200-350ms, and it's just frustrating.

I especially "enjoy" those times when you are trying to SB:SS and instead of your DoTs being applied you are throwing instant SoCs...
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

I've had this issue since 5.0 and play with 25ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    I especially "enjoy" those times when you are trying to SB:SS and instead of your DoTs being applied you are throwing instant SoCs...
    Holy crap I knew I wasn't dreaming it up!

Deleted
    3same here, 1/5 of the time when spamming the sb:ss macro it just duplicates and srew up all the rotation :-(

Deleted
    Okay, so I just wanted to make a post on the blizzard forums about this "bug", but on the EU Forums there is no "bug Report Forums" and I do not have an US account. How do I post then? jeeeezz this is costing me nerves right now....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    Okay, so I just wanted to make a post on the blizzard forums about this "bug", but on the EU Forums there is no "bug Report Forums" and I do not have an US account. How do I post then? jeeeezz this is costing me nerves right now....
    There's an in-game bug report function. Just use esc to go to the menu and select the "Help" button and in the options there should be a button marked "Bug report". Use that like you would a normal in-game ticket and send it. You won't get a reply, or open a ticket like normal, but it does get sent on to people that can handle it.

Yep I've also had this issue on elegon. I never could stop it from happening (seeding boss then going to sb:ss my add assignment only to apply seed to my add) solved it by talking my gm into letting me sit on the boss aoeing the whole phase. Still it was really irritating during heroic attempts before I figured out what was happening. I hope we get some sort of Blizz comunication about this sometime soon.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had this problem since 5.0.

i have the issue as well exactly on wind lord.But my explanation was: if you throw a SoC ....and then immediately SB:SoC it says interrupted ... couldn't understood why. Then someone explained me that i cant throw sb:soc if on the target is SoC(undetonated) , that is what they explained me.
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5847974990
    + i sent multiple tickets(way before actually submitting it on the forums), always leading to the same automated response
    edit: you can easily test it by fully dotting up a training dummy, casting seed and than cast soulburn and wait, once it detonates it will consume the shard, than cast sb:seed, you can than again use soulburn, and wait again
    the real issue rises when you are trying to sb:swap which leads you to doing swap:inhale removing the dots
    Last edited by Marilina; 2012-12-31 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drinoff View Post
    i have the issue as well exactly on wind lord.But my explanation was: if you throw a SoC ....and then immediately SB:SoC it says interrupted ... couldn't understood why. Then someone explained me that i cant throw sb:soc if on the target is SoC(undetonated) , that is what they explained me.
    Just want to clarify that the bolded part is incorrect. You can have both a normal and SB:Seed on the target at the same time.

I usually play with 50-60 ms and I have only ever experienced this bug when I was downloading something and had 300+ ms. I also have the Custom Lag Tolerance (spell queueing) turned off completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    Hello fellow Locks,

Since a couple of weeks there is something that bugs me and I just wanted to ask if any of you experience the same problem as me and if there maybe even mght be an easy solution:

I realized this as a major problem on Windlord in HoF for the first time. When I am using SoC and right after I want to SB:SS, the SoC consumes the SB midflight and my SS takes off all the dots from the target. Until I realized thid, 3-4 seconds went by and my dots are totally screwed up. And waiting 2 seconds until the seed actually hit the target cant be the solution either :/.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated as always!

regards
    I run into this a lot because I have SB:SS as a single macro. If I hit the macro before the GCD is up it won't apply the SB, and just SS my dots off the target.

SoC and SB:SoC stack.

SB:SS in your cast when you are trying to cast it is not getting eaten. This is just how SoC works with SB. SoC consumes the SB when it blows up not when its cast.

Im not at home atm, but I am 99% sure that you can right now go hit SB > SoC and your moves will be lit up like you have SB up when the SoC is alrdy done casting until it blows.

If I am wrong then im retarded...havent been on wow for a couple weeks cuz of vacation. Either way try it...it probably isn't a bug if its the way I explained it.