Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Though overall I'm quite happy with destruction (Though not really playing it considering how good affliction is and how KJC removes any movement drawbacks from that spec). There are a few things that could be improved:

1) When playing destro it feels like I'm doing 1 of 2 things: Either I'm casting chaosbolt or I'm screwing around (conflag/incin/immo) till I can cast more chaos bolts.
    ---This is actually a problem which I wouldn't know how to fix.

2) Destro AoE feels to spammy, though hitting the aoe button before throwing out the incinerates is a great finger training it's kinda tiring after 10 seconds.

3.1) Even single target feels to spammy, I still don't understand why destro, the spec with the 30% haste buff which is up pretty much 95% of the time is given the fastest casting filler spell. I'd say make incinerate slower and toss up the scaling.
    3.2) I personally dislike delaying chaosbolt because it's more benificial to use backdraft on incinerate. Making it viable to consume backdraft with chaosbolt would made the rotation feel more smooth.

4) Making the slightest flaw when using Havoc turns it into a DPS loss. Would like to see it being turned into e.g. a self buff that duplicates the spell to the nearest target or something. Writing mouse over target macro's should be optional, not required.

Would like to hear other opinions on these matters.

Deleted
    Your 2) is definitely the biggest issue I have with Destro's gameplay. IMO FnB should be a toggle, when it is activated if you have at least 1 Ember, then you cast the FnB abilities, elsewise you cast the single target spell. But this solution could be a problem when you need the embers from your last FnB to keep on spamming FnB...

3.2) That or have a minor glyph "Slow Chaos" (PH) that disable the backdraft effect on Chaos Bolts. Or the opposite, a minor glyph that enables Backdraft on Chaos Bolts.

4) I personally use Havoc without any macro, but yeah it could be made easier to use I guess.

Can I get an amen that we need another viable spec at some point during this expansion? I'm enjoying affliction, but I don't want to play the same spec for 16 months. One huge result of Blizzard eliminating spec specific buffs is that it took away any incentive to play any but one spec.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted
    The debate already took place before so we aren't going to start this again, but our three specs are viable you know

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Immolate is an obvious place but maybe RoF could be buffed and it could enter our standard rotation.
    Though, overall, I do like RoF, it's borderline clunky in AoE, and using an AoE on a single target fight like that doesn't sit well with me. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Your 2) is definitely the biggest issue I have with Destro's gameplay. IMO FnB should be a toggle, when it is activated if you have at least 1 Ember, then you cast the FnB abilities, elsewise you cast the single target spell. But this solution could be a problem when you need the embers from your last FnB to keep on spamming FnB...
    I somewhat agree, but the more I think about it, the more I could see it being easy to mess up badly, like accidentally casting Incinerate when you have a Burning Ember but need to put Immolate out on a group, wasting the ember and going a decent while before you can't FnB Immolate again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    The debate already took place before so we aren't going to start this again, but our three specs are viable you know
    All DPS specs are viable, it's just a matter of some specs being... more... viable. Super progression raiders of pure DPS classes, like always, will get pigeonholed into whichever spec delivers the highest DPS. By default, a big chunk of the less-so-hardcore raiding bunch will emulate what they see the pros doing, and will choose the same specs. Though some fights might favor one spec over the other for certain mechanics, there's generally that one spec you see all the hardcore raider's rocking. In the case of the Warlock, it seems to be set at Affliction for ages.

It wasn't that I was feeling we're too weak as Destruction (though a slight buff would be nice), I just feel our sources of damage are staggeringly disproportionate, and the rotation could be a little more interesting. (I'd rather have Corruption back than my Conflagrate suggestion, but meh, I figured this one would've been the popular choice).
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I've been messing around with using RoF on single target to generate embers when I have no backdrafted Incins up, Conf is on CD and I'm waiting on procs for Chaosbolt. I have no idea if its a DPS loss or gain yet (or rather no hard numbers) but it seems to really boost ember generation.
    If GoSac is going to be nerfed I really feel Destro should get a buff somewhere else. Immolate is an obvious place but maybe RoF could be buffed and it could enter our standard rotation.
    That being said I'm really happy with how Destro turned out as well. Thanks Xelnath.
    It's a definite slight DPS gain to use it in the way you describe. You can check out my post on it in the Destruction Video guide thread near the last 2 pages or so. (It assumes that the target is in the RoF for the whole duration though) You also introduce a lot of extra waiting time into the rotation as you'll go Oom that much faster, but it is slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    You also introduce a lot of extra waiting time into the rotation as you'll go Oom that much faster, but it is slightly better.
    I've been doing a lot of field testing using RoF during single target fights, and I've managed to weave one RoF into my rotation and still keep my mana under control. It is only when I weave two RoF into the rotation that I start running out of mana.

4) Making the slightest flaw when using Havoc turns it into a DPS loss. Would like to see it being turned into e.g. a self buff that duplicates the spell to the nearest target or something. Writing mouse over target macro's should be optional, not required.
    To me that part has been the really fun part of the spec! I've had to develop an efficient system of targeting, focusing and mouseover macros for Havoc and Shadowburn. The standard rotation is one thing, but all that slick and creative multi target cleaving is what keeps me interested.

I watched the video Brusalk and it was excellent. Thank you for doing it.

I tried destro the 1st time during this reset, it proved to be surprisingly good and exceeded my expectations, but I have very little experience with the spec, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

• On single target fights, I find myself going "oom" every now and then when pooling embers, this is probably intended (and annoying) and not a issue on 2+ targets, I wouldn't mind a very slight mana regen % increase.

• Single target dps isn't bad by any means, but like others said, I think immolate could use a buff to bring it closer to the other specs (maybe just single target immolate, and keep FnB immolate the same)

• While I really like the concept (and visuals) of our aoe, I found it a bit annoying for extended periods of time.
    I made very simple macros for FnB + immo, conflag, and incinerate, and I found that I can't spam the incinerate macro because you can only activate FnB after the spell "leaves your hands" so there's always a split second of waiting time between casts for FnB to be "useable" (might be latency related, but I'm playing with constant 50~55ms so shouldn't be the issue).
    I like the idea of FnB being on/off toogle (off the gcd)

• I really like havoc, I generally use it with a /targetlasttarget macro and works fine, the only change I would make is to bump it to 4 charges, because you know, 4 shadowburns... (and maybe bump the CD to 30~35 seconds)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only change I want is a reversion of the Chaos Bolt dot under Grim of Sacrifice.

On Heroic Elegon, for example, my 75% Chaos Bolt damage is not enough to one shot the sparks. The remaining 25% dot "probably" is enough to kill the spark depending on the speed of said spark, but I usually waste a Conflag or some fel flames to make sure the job is done.

Just a minor gripe since I am pretty happy with Destruction right now.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Affliction scales better than Destruction does - not only is this what scale factors represent, a quick comparison of T14H and T14N raid numbers off of SimCraft has a 27.6% DPS increase for Affliction as opposed to 25.1% for Destruction.
    When SimC models Destro damage incorrectly by a pretty large margin, you can't take the numbers you just gave me seriously at all

Every Warlock spec has this issue - I think that actually Destruction's APL should be the easiest to get correct.
    It really isn't, though. Destro's damage is widely based on making good use of your Burning Embers, Havoc, RnB and RoF during optimal moments in an encounter, and SimC simply can't accurately model that much RNG in a reliable way.