PvE and PvP are too fragmented from each other

[Problem]
    When i spend hours after hours preparing for raids and raiding, i dont really have the will or the time to start a completely new grind for PvP.

I have already worked and earned some gear, yet it is useless for PvP. The same can be said for PvP'ers with regards to PvE.

The two aspects of the game aren't connected at all.

[Solution]
    Make the PvE and PvP path to progression co-exist with each other so the game feels less fragemented, and more like "one game with different aspects".

Therefore -
    Give PvE gear PvP stats as well as PvE stats, but make the PvE stats slightly better.
    Now PvE'ers can get straight in to competitive PvP easier, but PvP'ers who have earnt their gear through PvP have a slight PvP gear advantage.

Give PvP gear PvE stats as well as PvP stats, but make the PvP stats slightly better.
    Now PvP'ers can get straight in to raiding, but PvE'ers who have earnt their gear through raiding have a slight PvE gear advantage.

Discuss.

Isn't that just a more intense version of what they aimed for with MoP? And this is kinda off topic, but isn't starting late in a season hugely crippling now, thanks to the gear upgrade system?

Isn't that how gear was like last expansion? Full decent raiding gear wasn't to shabby in BGs. While some Pve items were BiS for pvp sets.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, you're not getting a PVP weapon. You are going to sit there and be farmed by everyone and it is exactly as intended. You don't want to spend what...a week or two getting a full honour set upgraded? Too bad, you sit there and get carved up like everyone else did when they switched from PVE to PVP. It's a good system.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    No, you're not getting a PVP weapon. You are going to sit there and be farmed by everyone and it is exactly as intended. You don't want to spend what...a week or two getting a full honour set upgraded? Too bad, you sit there and get carved up like everyone else did when they switched from PVE to PVP. It's a good system.

Wouldnt it be nice for PvP'ers to spend weeks grinding their PvP set................................and then be able to access raids if they so wish (albeit with a slight disadvantage to wearing PvE gear), without having to start the gear grind all over again?

Also, perhaps you havnt noticed, that people do not want to spend weeks getting carved up, particularly when they have already spent weeks earning gear.

I dont know if you have noticed that BG's are full of bots as of right now, for exactly this reason...............

So long as we don't have to do PvE to get BiS items.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydiddlydoo View Post
    Wouldnt it be nice for PvP'ers to spend weeks grinding their PvP set................................and then be able to access raids if they so wish (albeit with a slight disadvantage to wearing PvE gear), without having to start the gear grind all over again?

Also, perhaps you havnt noticed, that people do not want to spend weeks getting carved up, particularly when they have already spent weeks earning gear.

I dont know if you have noticed that BG's are full of bots as of right now, for exactly this reason...............
    Sarcasm ho!

That's what the baseline resilience on players was supposed to fix, and it would've worked if they didn't implement pvp power, but pvp power on pvp gear makes the baseline resilience you have almost nothing.

I don't know why someone in dev didn't notice that.

"So wait, we're decreasing the amount of damage players take from other players by 30%, but then putting them up against players who deal (x+30)% extra damage to players?"
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a time machine and go to before 2006. All the T3 geared raiders destroyed everyone else in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Get a time machine and go to before 2006. All the T3 geared raiders destroyed everyone else in PvP.
    1) This wouldn't happen in the system i propose because high end PvE gear would be slightly worse for PvP than high end PvP gear. Similarly, high end PvP gear would work well in raids, but not as well as high end PvE gear. Thus, a high end PvE geared player would fall short of destrying high end PvP geared players.

2) I played in 2006 and what you state didnt really happen because of how hard T3 was to get. Had you played back then you would know that seeing someone in one piece of T3 in a BG, let alone full T3 was something that rarely ever happened. It was only in TBC when tier sets became increasingly easier to get did we start seeing a mass of complaints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by howdydiddlydoo View Post
    2) I played in 2006 and what you state didnt really happen because of how hard T3 was to get. Had you played back then you would know that seeing someone in one piece of T3 in a BG, let alone full T3 was something that rarely ever happened. It was only in TBC when tier sets became increasingly easier to get did we start seeing a mass of complaints.
    Maybe on your server.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Maybe on your server.
    What you mean Magtheridon EU where i played alliance, and Nihilium were on horde.

Yep, i guess you mean that one........