Thread: Good DoT Timer

Question Good DoT Timer

I wanted to know what good DoT timers that everyone uses. I wanted to try out Affliction but wanted to ask about good addons for tracking dots.

Deleted
    Affdots. A post from the dev of it is on this very forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogurt View Post
    I wanted to know what good DoT timers that everyone uses. I wanted to try out Affliction but wanted to ask about good addons for tracking dots.
    Affdots is quite good - haven't REALLY checked it out myself yet but it seems to be about what we need. Currently I'm using my own WeakAuras on my Affliction Lock (progressing Heroic) and I'm always topping DPS meters. If you're new to the class, i'd recommend Affdots since it tells you when to reapply your dots to benefit the most from procs, however if you're going to get into highend raiding I'd recommend learning that by yourself (I know when to reapply dots just watching my procs).

Welcome to the (in my opinion) best spec in the game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Affdots addon, very useful indeed if you are going Affliction. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-of-dot-power

You need to use it in conjunction with OmniCC (or similar, ElvUI has it built in for instance) though to make it have actual timers on the buttons, unless you use the bar function of the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by pwntus95 View Post
    Affdots is quite good - haven't REALLY checked it out myself yet but it seems to be about what we need. Currently I'm using my own WeakAuras on my Affliction Lock (progressing Heroic) and I'm always topping DPS meters. If you're new to the class, i'd recommend Affdots since it tells you when to reapply your dots to benefit the most from procs, however if you're going to get into highend raiding I'd recommend learning that by yourself (I know when to reapply dots just watching my procs).
    Affdots is good, not really necessary but I do use it now (bar functionality). Basically I replaced my WeakAuras bars with AffDots bars, they do the same thing with the power modifier there.

I still have auras for intellect procs, and I would recommend you use them even with AffDots, that way you have an idea what is currently up and what is about to fall off (let's say you are at 95% power, with an Inner Brilliance at 2.6 seconds, then refresh your DoT for instance). An ICD tracker can work, but I don't think it's really necessary.

Suffice it to say, once you play your character enough (and by that I mean a lot), you will know when your procs are coming up anyway - personally I don't play my lock enough anymore, so I'm rusty with that.

i use ellipsis, which is nice cause it tracks multiple targets, together with affdots.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Affdots addon, very useful indeed if you are going Affliction.

You need to use it in conjunction with OmniCC (or similar, ElvUI has it built in for instance) though to make it have actual timers on the buttons, unless you use the bar function of the addon.
    Thanks everyone so much for he replies. I will try this out later tonight. I recently started playing my warlock again. I was Destro when MoP came out. I have always loved Destro plus it was so powerful in MoP. I still love affliction even though I am very very bad at it. My DPS is terrible. This addon will help me get better. The Warlock classis one of the most difficult classes I have played. At least for me. I know its easy to some people. It is just different then what I am used to.

I did have another question and I hope this doesn't start a war or something but why is it that Affliction is so high in damage at the moment. I was looking at world of logs and Affliction is topping that charts on alot of fights. I know Fire mages are too but What makes Affliction so powerful?

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 10:32 AM ----------

I am also using ElvUI. Its is the best UI I have found so far. At least it works for me lol

i use affdots and forte, with shadowed frame units, you can customize all 3 to your needs.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    i use affdots and forte, with shadowed frame units, you can customize all 3 to your needs.
    Is it possible that you can post a screenshot?

Deleted
    Classtimes and TidyPlates with the dots above the nameplates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogurt View Post
    Is it possible that you can post a screenshot?
    will do,once i get home
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    will do,once i get home
    Thank you very much. Trying to learn as much as I can before I throw myself into it.

event horizon has been updated for mop, simple but effective

Deleted
    Needtoknow is what I use for tracking duration - highly customisable bars that can be made as big or small as you want, flash when something's not up and can be colour coded for your pleasure.

My affdots sits next to it. I like it for tracking potency, but I prefer my ntk bars for duration.