Worth looking into?

Currently for my Evelynn build, I've been experimenting with using Blade of the Ruined King together with Landry's Torment as a way of shredding health, but I honestly have no clue as to if the effects combine. Does anyone know if they synchronize, or am I just throwing away money? I build heavy AP Evelynn, but I see a big benefit in Blade's use effect as a nuke comparable to Deathfire's Grasp, and the 4% for hit is really nice.

Deleted
    Just remember, that the Blade is 4% of CURRENT health, not max health .. so its kinda so so.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... if it's comparable to DFG... why not just build DFG?

Additionally, while Guise is strong on Evelynn, Liandry's really is a weak choice on her. She wants to blow people up. Either she succeeds, or the remaining health is so low the burn of *remaining* health is next to nothing.

I'm with Duilliath on this one...

Liandry's is really, really weak on Evelynn.

She's an assassin. She bursts people. Liandry's is the exact opposite of a burst item. It deals damage over time, which is useless if you're trying to burst people down in a second or two.

As for Blade or the Ruined King:
    The life steal is useless, as you burst people down and they shouldn't really get a chance to actually hurt you.

The AD.. Well, you're building her AP, right?

The passive is pretty bad too. Assuming you're fighting someone with 2700 HP, your attacks deal a whopping 108 extra damage (before armor). That damage is only going to go down, the longer the fight goes on.

The active scales with your AD. If you're building her heavy AP, it's not gonna hurt much.

Basically, I would never build any of the items if I'm playing AP Eve. The gold is much better spent on other items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Liandry's is more of a luxury item for Eve. Try her with Lich Bane or Rylai's instead of that. I will say though that even if Liandry's is 5% of current health, it's short damage window and Hate spike's low cooldown works pretty well, it's just not something I rush.

If you're going Ap Eve in the jungle however, you'll want the spectral wraith spirit item, and you will rush that.

Blade of the Ruined King is good on AD Eve, not AP.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Liandry's is more of a luxury item for Eve. Try her with Lich Bane or Rylai's instead of that. I will say though that even if Liandry's is 5% of current health, it's short damage window and Hate spike's low cooldown works pretty well, it's just not something I rush.
    I wouldn't even consider it a luxury item. Especially if you don't rush it.

Late game it's crap, compared to many other items, because you're not going to be spamming Hate Spike. You'll be going in, bursting a champion or two down, then get out.

During the laning phase it's decent, because you'll be spamming Hate Spike and harassing. But then, when you go into late game, you'll be better off selling it in favor of another item and then you'd have lost a lot of gold.

I'd rather build a good/great item as the first item, instead of building a decent item, then selling it and build a good item later on.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    I wouldn't even consider it a luxury item. Especially if you don't rush it.

Late game it's crap, compared to many other items, because you're not going to be spamming Hate Spike. You'll be going in, bursting a champion or two down, then get out.

During the laning phase it's decent, because you'll be spamming Hate Spike and harassing. But then, when you go into late game, you'll be better off selling it in favor of another item and then you'd have lost a lot of gold.

I'd rather build a good/great item as the first item, instead of building a decent item, then selling it and build a good item later on.
    I sort of consider Luxury items as "items I don't really need but are nice to have if money is no issue". Maybe I wasn't clear with that. I would go with the above mentioned items far more often than Liandry's, although, I spam Hate spike more than just a couple times in a team fight, I think it's not too bad for some extra aoe damage, it's not great, but it does have its place (albeit small).

Essentially, jungling, rush that spectral wraith
    Lane: DFG
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I sort of consider Luxury items as "items I don't really need but are nice to have if money is no issue". Maybe I wasn't clear with that. I would go with the above mentioned items far more often than Liandry's, although, I spam Hate spike more than just a couple times in a team fight, I think it's not too bad for some extra aoe damage, it's not great, but it does have its place (albeit small).

Lane: DFG
    Fair enough.

However, using your definition of "luxury item", I wouldn't consider Liandry's one. It's not really nice to have. There are items that are much nicer. And by 'nicer', I don't mean must have items.

To be honest, I can't think of any situation where Liandry's is a good choice on Evelynn.
    If you're facing a 5-man premade, who only builds health, then it's decent during laning. But that's the best scenario for a Liandry's I can think of.
    Even then, I'd much rather go for late game and build other items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    To be honest, I can't think of any situation where Liandry's is a good choice on Evelynn.
    If you're facing a 5-man premade, who only builds health, then it's decent during laning. But that's the best scenario for a Liandry's I can think of.
    Even then, I'd much rather go for late game and build other items.
    Yeah, and when they actually get around to make building armor or magic resistance good again it will end up being another MBR. It's only a 'decent' item now because stacking health is more beneficial than building resistances.

Deleted
    Not that I've played much of Evelynn jungle (or even lane), but when jungling with Karthus, I find that item to be pretty meh. Sure it gives sustain, but compared to plain spirit stone, revolver is just too expensive, and at the moment spell vamp is somewhat underwhelming stat on majority of characters.
    EDIT: considering reduced vamp on your spells (I guess hate spike is reduced), you need to do 2520 damage to the camp with 20% vamp to reach the same number as what just regen on spirit stone will do before it respawns (one minute). For revolver it's even worse.
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2013-01-03 at 12:54 AM.

Deleted
    I find the wraith spirit stone pretty underwhelming as well, would rather use a tenacity stone for different boots. At least mid game when there's a decent chance you won't die in a single CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I find the wraith spirit stone pretty underwhelming as well, would rather use a tenacity stone for different boots. At least mid game when there's a decent chance you won't die in a single CC.
    I've found that 40ap, 20% spell vamp and 10% CDR better for being an assassin than straight tanky stats. Especially when Eve can clear slows with W. Unless you're going up against a heavy CC team, and in most cases they're not using it on you anyways, then I would rather go wraith than golem.

Deleted
    And why not just buy Rod and get DFG? If the item still had HP regen I'd understand, but this does not seem to improve your jungling very much for the cost.

Better question for jungling: Why choose the 2nd upgrade at all? Upgrade the machete to spirit stone and that's it. You aren't forced to upgrade the machete at all (although the damage increase from 10% to 20% + regen for only 510 is quite nice).

On mana users I'd get the spirit stone and leave it at that. No real point in upgrading it further in my opinion (Of course there are some exceptions)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    And why not just buy Rod and get DFG? If the item still had HP regen I'd understand, but this does not seem to improve your jungling very much for the cost.
    Ap eve has a really tough time in jungle early. You could always just stick with stone but I usually rush to wraiths for the stats.

If I ever had a game where I got to full build I would sell wraith for something else but I've only had a couple games that even let me get to deathcap as it is.