Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Too attached to KJ?

As subject says. I find myself needing this convenience to almost all my daily activities plus raids. I was leveling another lock to 90 and I was missing it so much that I had really gameplay problems. I got used to Fel Flame again but nothing beats KJ. Kitting was much worse as expected and I had to adjust my play. I am destro BTW in the second lock as well. Are you too so attached to KJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    As subject says. I find myself needing this convenience to almost all my daily activities plus raids. I was leveling another lock to 90 and I was missing it so much that I had really gameplay problems. I got used to Fel Flame again but nothing beats KJ. Kitting was much worse as expected and I had to adjust my play. I am destro BTW in the second lock as well. Are you too so attached to KJ?
    I'm the opposite, actually. For some reason I feel like KJ is constantly catching me at bad times and screwing me up. Every time I've tried to use it, I've switched back to AV shortly afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been leveling my little spriest a bit round New Year's and I noticed rather often that I couldn't move like I'd gotten used to. But after a few hours of playing I was back to my normal play style of taking into account I couldn't move. So on the whole I'd ssay I'm not too attached yet, but I do love the talent.

I have to admit I'm getting way more used to the talent than I should be. I keep being caught off-guard by moving while trying to cast on my other characters.

Used it since day one even with cast speed reduction, never switched to other talents. It feels so... natural.

It probably is a bit too good to be honest.

Deleted
    ^ I guess you've been hit with the nerf bat so much that anything halfway decent quickly seems overpowered, but KJ is more about convenience and fun than actually being that strong.

I only ever use it for Stone Guard floor painting. Otherwise I find that I can get more dps out of MF and AV without losing anything on movement. (Demonology)

For me was the inverse, at start of 5.1 when KJ became the powerhouse I was still using felflame when moving, had to teach myself that i could cast on the move when playing aff.

I play demo mostly and there I know from muscle memory that when I need to move I go meta and TOC

I had this same problem when firelands was new when doing Alyzrazor casting while moving was something total new to me, and took me a while to get it right.

if they ever removed that talent, i think i will be devastated =(
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    Same. For at least Destro it's an absolute life-changer considering everything we do is cast-time based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    With GC's comments that standing still is one of the few problems that they still have to hold ranged DPS back and give them challenges I wouldn't be surprised to see it go at some point. I'd be annoyed by it too, but I'd get over it. I'd like the game to be interesting to play, with difficulties to overcome, not too easy or too much leaning towards ranged DPS bias.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    With GC's comments that standing still is one of the few problems that they still have to hold ranged DPS back and give them challenges I wouldn't be surprised to see it go at some point. I'd be annoyed by it too, but I'd get over it. I'd like the game to be interesting to play, with difficulties to overcome, not too easy or too much leaning towards ranged DPS bias.
    Yeah, that's why they integrated aspect of the fox so no aspect switching is needed and removed dead zone, and made ice lance hitting for a ton etc... /sarcasm

Sometimes it's good dps increase, and sometimes the slow makes things too dangerous (not to mention it feels pretty annoying most of the time). Overall I think I prefer having movement as another layer of complexity to master than not and would be okay if KJ suddenly got nerfed or replaced with something else.
    Last edited by Micke; 2013-01-02 at 03:50 PM.

Procs have all lined up, I'm 80% done casting Chaosbolt and I have to move NOW...love KJC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Though KJC is a great talent it's terrible to balance, I see 2 options:
    1: It has a dps lowering drawback (like it used to), which results in it being worthless due to the DPS felflame spam provides.
    2: It does not have a dps lowering drawback, which results in it being simply to good.

It's near impossible to nerf KJC without making it impossible, sure they could increase the power of the other talents but that would put warlocks ahead to far (and affliction is in a pretty good spot as it is).

PS: I must say I miss that awesome hellfire range when playing demo though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about that, all 3 specs are already dead in PvP. I sense some buffs comming for warlock PvP and removing KJ would gut the spec beyond repair in PvP.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

As I dropped Affliction which startet to get very dull after time (and don't raid active anymore), I use KJC only in very rare occasions, because Demo has a good mobility and Destruction doesn't loose too much DPS, if you know how to use felflame.

In fact I find myself more dependend on MF. It increases your ability to cleave as Demo with HoG and on multi target fights it's very useful as Destruction for increasing your ember gain.

Is that really what he said? Name one encounter that's harder for melee than ranged right now. The beginning of this expansion has been meleetunnelcraft as far as I can tell. That doesn't mean the dps is always what it should be, but as far as mechanics go I couldn't disagree more.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Its funny how GC said he doesnt want casters to move and cast and yet this fucking spell is still in the game. Get rid of this and blood fear and destro locks can kiss my butt