Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You'd be surprised at how many people don't know the little stop-trick when starting a cast. The talent is less useful if you don't know/use it.
    I do not know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    I do not know this.
    Moving after the cast doesn't make the movement speed penalty proc.

Once again I end up being the Black Sheep. Does anybody else not like KJC? :/ It sure is annoying when it comes to fakecasting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Moving after the cast doesn't make the movement speed penalty proc.

Once again I end up being the Black Sheep. Does anybody else not like KJC? :/ It sure is annoying when it comes to fakecasting.
    KJC doesn't change fakecasting, technically. Just get a stopcasting keybinding somewhere.
    Fakecasting seems kind of pointless though, seeing as IF/WHEN you pull it off, the interrupter has a stun anyway. If that stun happens to be on cooldown he's got an emergency stun/interrupt of some kind. Or if all fails and the emergency stun/interrupt is on cooldown, there's always the 2nd backup cc.
    Example; Pummel (FAIL!), Shockwave (TRINKET!), Charge (TRINKET!??), Intimidating Shout (TRINKET!???!), CHARGE! (HE'S STUNNED - OH YEAH!)

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    KJC doesn't change fakecasting, technically. Just get a stopcasting keybinding somewhere.
    Fakecasting seems kind of pointless though, seeing as IF/WHEN you pull it off, the interrupter has a stun anyway. If that stun happens to be on cooldown he's got an emergency stun/interrupt of some kind. Or if all fails and the emergency stun/interrupt is on cooldown, there's always the 2nd backup cc.
    Example; Pummel (FAIL!), Shockwave (TRINKET!), Charge (TRINKET!??), Intimidating Shout (TRINKET!???!), CHARGE! (HE'S STUNNED - OH YEAH!)
    Yeah, you're quite correct. Guess old habits die hard. I'm sure it's a great QoL change, but I just can't really get used to it. Stupid stubbornness.

Deleted
    Yeah, you're quite correct. Guess old habits die hard. I'm sure it's a great QoL change, but I just can't really get used to it. Stupid stubbornness.
    Aye aye I do have the same issues. I would've died on Sha of Fear normal in a raid today because I didn't have /stopcasting on my Demonic Gate: Teleport ability, so my Malefic Grasp kept going when I needed to teleport in for the breath. Saved by Dark Bargain.

Yeah, when do you need to fakecast these days? Maybe as Demo when BF gets nerfed. Til then, we only cast as Destro and even then its only meaningful with UE up.

Nevertheless, just create a dedicated stop casting bind (way easier than macroing imo and ESC is too far away). Problem solved. Worst case, just throw it in Front of FF or CoW.

KJC is really powerful compared to most other caster/ranged class' mobility...
    But I say what does it matter that warlocks aren't glued to the floor? I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun being able to move whenever I need to. It's very relieving not having to worry about planning out my movement, especially for floor-glued specs like destro.

PVP is absurdly unbalanced and arena is a joke of an "e-sport" anyway, so I say let all ranged/casters have the same amount of fun we're having. Mobility for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowspace View Post
    KJC is really powerful compared to most other caster/ranged class' mobility...
    But I say what does it matter that warlocks aren't glued to the floor? I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun being able to move whenever I need to. It's very relieving not having to worry about planning out my movement, especially for floor-glued specs like destro.

PVP is absurdly unbalanced and arena is a joke of an "e-sport" anyway, so I say let all ranged/casters have the same amount of fun we're having. Mobility for all!
    Fun is subjective and retarded mechanics don't make the game as a whole particularly fun. I'm sure warriors love shockwave, and rogues love their 14 second stuns, but having a silly mechanic for one class isn't "fun" overall.

I like the talent a lot.
    I also really like the fact that if you stand still when you start casting, you won't get the debuff when you start moving.
    I feel like such a beast when I do it too.
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    I do not know this.

As long as you don't move the split-second when your cast starts, you can move however much you want afterwards without incurring the penalty. So if you're doing it right you can move more than 90% of the time of an encounter without ever being slowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Wait. How can a bug that big remain unfixed since such a long time?
    Pretty sure if anything gets changed about kjc in the near future it'll be this. Not sure if they're that worried about people studder stepping though.. kinda thought this was a common knowledge working as intended thing.

No clue if it's intended or a bug, but it has been known to warlocks since the 5.1 PTR.

Speaking of PTRs, is it behaving differently on the 5.2 PTR, other than the removal of the activated effect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    No clue if it's intended or a bug, but it has been known to warlocks since the 5.1 PTR.

Speaking of PTRs, is it behaving differently on the 5.2 PTR, other than the removal of the activated effect?
    Just checked, if I start casting UA and then move I get no penalty, if I start moving, and then cast UA I do get the penalty. Working like before looks like.

Whenever I have to switch to MF for a fight I find myself doing really big mistakes during movement. It wouldn't be hard to get used to playing without it again but the talent sure gives you some bad habits.

I don't think any ranged class should be able to keep the same DPS on movement heavy fights as they would've without movement. KJC should be purely a quality of life talent, not the better DPS option for most fights. Handling movement well should be rewarded. It really doesn't now.

If anything would happen to KJC I wish they will change Fel Flame at the same time. Refreshing dots that are buffed with procs when you dont have the buffs anymore just doesn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    AV as Demonology scales with Meta, and in turn, Mastery. When used properly, its a 3% or more damage increase on almost every fight.
    Are you really going to argue this when in your latest HoF log AV was 3.9%, 0.6%, 0.9% 2.1%, 1.5% in the 5 fights where it showed up? And don't even point at the 3.9% fight - that was Vizier where you stood outside FnV bubbles to game AV damage.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

KJC is very powerful, probably too powerful. But a really large portion of that is AV/MF.

MF is an exceptional talent, stronger then KJC. It's just that it's very selective in where it will be stronger. The nerf actually hit MF a bit hard, removing a substantial part of it's strength (MF + SS:CoEx was very strong when you had adds that could almost one hit someone or a tank needed to kite). And the aura for Demo was outstanding, but with the nerf it requires you to go back to being limited by range issues on an AoE fight if you're the only person that brings the debuff and don't want to lose 10+ GCD's.

AV is pathetic. It may be useful for one spec, on 1-2 fights. But if they're looking at talents for 5.2 this deserves as much rebalancing as GoSac and KJC pre buff.

If anything would happen to KJC I wish they will change Fel Flame at the same time. Refreshing dots that are buffed with procs when you dont have the buffs anymore just doesn't feel right.
    QFT. This is one of the most frustrating things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Are you really going to argue this when in your latest HoF log AV was 3.9%, 0.6%, 0.9% 2.1%, 1.5% in the 5 fights where it showed up? And don't even point at the 3.9% fight - that was Vizier where you stood outside FnV bubbles to game AV damage.

I really wonder how much trouble you went through to get that information, lol.

As I said, when used properly its a 3% dps increase on a number of fights. When I'm raid leading 24 other people, I'm not playing perfectly.

Its really cute that you care so much though. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I really wonder how much trouble you went through to get that information, lol.

As I said, when used properly its a 3% dps increase on a number of fights. When I'm raid leading 24 other people, I'm not playing perfectly.

Its really cute that you care so much though. <3
    I'm not attacking you personally - you made a claim: "AV is a 3%+ DPS increase in almost every fight". 3% is not trivial, so obviously I'm going to check. Why wouldn't I?

I don't see where you got your number from though. Can you show me where it's 3% when used properly in any fight?
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Looking at my logs, I over exaggerated. 2% is much more accurate, I'm getting 2% on Protectors Elite, Wind Lord, Blade Lord, Zor'lok (When I'm not meter humping), Shek'zeer, Feng (using the on use part of the ability on a non-barrier Epicenter is a ton of damage), Spirit Kings (I use it right when he's about to do the first cleave, and I get 3 reflected cleaves with all my CDs up, then I use it again when the MC goes out, and some of the damage I take from people breaking MC gets reflected to him.) and Leishi (Using it on Get Away with CDs up.) The rest of the fights I run MF for various reasons, and I run KJC on Stone Guards for painting.

As I mentioned, I play far from perfect in a 25 man setting, but when I raid 10 man its with 9 people I don't need to micro manage, so I can focus on numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Is this on Heroic kills?, cause standing in shit to gain damage on progression fights is one way to make your guild hate/sit you. You cant stand outside those bubbles for long on heroic. Healers would be spewing they have to waste mana on you.