Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Personally I think papparazz or whatever are kind of scum. If I was famous and those people kept taking photos of my daily life ide probably beat the shit out of them.
    That's not gonna help.

I'd do what Emma Watson and her partner did: Hold signs that promote charity. It's taking control over the paparazzi: Either promoting Charity or no pics. It's also good for your Image.

10+ Year Old Account
    Society creates the demand. How these people choose to fulfill that demand is entirely on them. Saying that this guy's death is on society is to say that personal responsibility doesn't exist. While I would argue that, in the grand scheme of things, personal responsibility doesn't exist, in our accepted mode of thinking he is responsible for his actions and the consequences of those actions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    why did the chicken cross the road?

to show the paparazzo it could be done.

thank you, i'll be here all week
    *applaud*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Does anyone else feel that even if it is his fault, it's a sad time we live in when people care so much about celebrities? Who cares what people who star in movies do in real life? Why does anyone care?!?
    This. And Biebz wasn't even around... he was just taking a picture of his supposed car. Bleh.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Deleted
    I don't see how a man walking into traffic blinded by greed can be blamed on the moral decay of society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    why did the chicken cross the road?

to show the paparazzo it could be done.

thank you, i'll be here all week
    Best. "Why did the chicken cross the road?". Joke. Ever.
    +1 internets to!
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

So THAT'S what the big backup was on the 405 yesterday.

Well then. You'd have to be a grade A idiot to try and fucking cross an LA freeway. It's tragic that somebody lost their life, but seriously, you'd have to be INCREDIBLY stupid to do even try to do that.

Most folks never see freeways like we have here, but understand, these are monsterous roads, 7-10 lanes in EACH direction. Why somebody would attempt to cross one on foot is beyond me. Perhaps it was a typo and it was just the off-ramp he was walking across? Then again, paparazzi will go to ridiculous lengths for a photo. To do what the story is suggesting, he would be parking his car next to the center divider of the freeway, walking across probably at least 8, if not 9 lanes since there's an off ramp there, and then going back. Ludicrous.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-01-03 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    So THAT'S what the big backup was on the 405 yesterday.

Well then. You'd have to be a grade A idiot to try and fucking cross an LA freeway. It's tragic that somebody lost their life, but seriously, you'd have to be INCREDIBLY stupid to do even try to do that.

Most folks never see freeways like we have here, but understand, these are monsterous roads, 7-10 lanes in EACH direction. Why somebody would attempt to cross one on foot is beyond me. Perhaps it was a typo and it was just the off-ramp he was walking across? Then again, paparazzi will go to ridiculous lengths for a photo. To do what the story is suggesting, he would be parking his car next to the center divider of the freeway, walking across probably at least 8, if not 9 lanes since there's an off ramp there, and then going back. Ludicrous.
    A lane is how wide, 3 meters (10 yards)? 20 lanes would be getting on for 100 meters of heavy traffic including the central reservation, the hard shoulder and the off-ramp. That's suicide.

15+ Year Old Account
    90% of me think it is sad. 10% of me think he should get a life cos he is one of the scumbags walking, sorry who walked this planet.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Who is to blame, REALLY, for the death of this guy? His self? OR is it society to blame making him feel he has to take pictures of celebrities in order to feed the public's need of gossip?

I, for one, am disgusted that people care so much about celebrities that people will risk their lives to take a photograph of them even if it puts them in danger.

I wish people would stop caring what their favorite music artists, film celebrities, and other artists do when they're not in a movie or on stage.

------------------

Paparazzi have had nasty run-ins with pop star Justin Bieber, including a high-speed chase in July that prompted a city councilman to predict that such an encounter could end tragically.

It happened Tuesday.

A photographer, who thought he spied Bieber sitting in his parked white Ferrari, was struck and killed by oncoming traffic as he walked across a Los Angeles freeway to get back to his car after snapping photos.

An opportune picture of the 18-year-old celebrity can rake in hard currency -- but Bieber was not in the car at the time of the New Year's Day incident.

California Highway Patrol officers had pulled over Bieber's vehicle Tuesday evening at an off-ramp of Interstate 405.
    The photographer spotted the sports car, parked his own vehicle across the street, crossed to get closer to Bieber's car and took photos of its occupants, said Los Angeles Police spokesman James Stoughton.

Officers told the man twice to return to his car, CNN affiliate KTLA reported.

A car struck the paparazzo as he crossed back across the street to leave, Stoughton said.

Authorities have not released his name.

"While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim," Bieber said in a statement. "Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/02/showbi...html?hpt=us_c2
    He wasn't a paparazzo. It was just some guy who recognized the car. That being said he did practice extremely poor judgment and decision making. And his death, sad as it may be, was the result of his own choices and actions.

Good riddance. The paparazzi murdered Kurt Cobain, Princess Di and countless others. They're human garbage.

If you buy tabloids or watch celebrity hunting shows then you are garbage too.

I don't blame them for wanting easy money and taking risks, but one of those risks is becoming wretches and catching your death on the freeway.