Does what server your on matter for BG's anymore?

If I am not mistaken that there are no more battle groups with BG's anymore so now it is everyone verses everyone. SO does it really matter what server that I move too weather it ber high or low pop or alliance or Horde Dominated? Does it all come back to pure luck with random BG's on who wins?

Your battlegroup still matters for Arena and RBG ratings as you are only pitted against them.

As for random BGs, I believe the way it goes is the system tries to match you in your battlegroup first and after some timeout it then expands to a larger pool of battlegroups, and then after some timeout it expands to your region. To keep the queue times low. So in that sense, your server does not matter. Honestly though, if all you care about is winrate in random BGs, the best battlegroup you can ever be in is the one that allows you to queue with 2-4 of your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    Pure luck AFAIK
    I guess then I have REALLY TERRIBLE luck. I am on Malygos Horde and it seems that we lose 90% of the time. For every 10 bg' I do we win 1. Guess my luck is that bad.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 11:04 AM ----------

How is it for you on Tich? What is your win/loss rate?

Use the reflex addon and get another 50 BGs done. If the addon shows/reminds you that in reality you have only won 5 games of those 50, then yeah, move to a different battlegroup maybe. But I'm really doubting you're losing that much.

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    Use the reflex addon and get another 50 BGs done. If the addon shows/reminds you that in reality you have only won 5 games of those 50, then yeah, move to a different battlegroup maybe. But I'm really doubting you're losing that much.
    I will have to try that thank you. Seems like a nice addon. It will give me a better baseline.

How is it for you on Tich? What is your win/loss rate?
    Less than 45% ish on this toon, however, 90% of my honor farming was done on Black Dragonflight Horde(Stormstrike BG)

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    I really hope that someone is still looking at it. So I installed that Reflex addon and ran about 60 or 70 bgs and it came out just as I supected. My win/loss rate was 21/49...

SO it seems that we suck... Not sure what to do. Tired of losing. Rally would like to move to a more balanced server as far as BG pvp.

It definitely matters what server you are on. Look a the scoreboard in a BG and you'll see it is filled with more people from your server and battlegroup than a random sample would normally produce. It only looks at servers outside of your server/battlegroup as a last resort.

Being on a dead realm sucks...trust me

Hey Bogurt - even though your loss rate of 90% was overstated considerably, that's still really awful, and at least you have some data to back up how bad it is for you

One thing I'd recommend trying is to blacklist the CTA battleground. I found in my own playing (about 50 games over the last week) that organized groups seem to favor the CTA BG, so more often than with regular BGs you're up against coordinated opposition. So, while I lost more than I won doing non-CTA randoms, it wasn't as bad as doing the CTA. CTA I was at a 25% win rate, but non-CTA I was at a 45% win rate.

It may not work out for you as well as it did for me, but maybe it's something to try so you wouldn't feel like you have to transfer server. g'luck out there!

Deleted
    LFG tries to group you with people from your server before moving on to others, I assume it works the same for random BGs, but to be honest only a blue could answer you properly.