Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[5.2] Nature's Vigil Change

Nature's Vigil now has a 90 second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%).

Obviously this is in T15, meaning we will get new set bonuses, but until we see them. Will this mean Dream Of Cenarus is > Nature's Vigil?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    For feral, probably. HotW will prolly be the better option for resto, guardian and balance.

No, it doesn't now have a 90 second cooldown! It's going to be in 5.2!

On a more serious note though, I think that HotW might be the way to go as the burst healing you can achieve with it is going to be amazing.

I think (From a Boomkin perspective) that this is just to level out our damage a bit isn't it? Right now we are amazing for those 30 seconds when the cooldowns are up, but then go flat for 3 minutes....this is just so that our damage will still have a little bit of burst every 1.5 minutes as well.

I really don't think that until we have insane amounts of haste, or you have an incredible amount of skill, that DOC will be a better choice for a Boomkin. However, DoC is already the preferred choice for Feral and a lot of Restos already take HOTW, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    I think (From a Boomkin perspective) that this is just to level out our damage a bit isn't it? Right now we are amazing for those 30 seconds when the cooldowns are up, but then go flat for 3 minutes....this is just so that our damage will still have a little bit of burst every 1.5 minutes as well.

I really don't think that until we have insane amounts of haste, or you have an incredible amount of skill, that DOC will be a better choice for a Boomkin. However, DoC is already the preferred choice for Feral and a lot of Restos already take HOTW, so.
    It's 10%.. same as owlkin frenzy. You won't notice using it. And it's annoying getting it to line up with cooldowns again after first use, even if you macro it to something.

Deleted
    The difference being that Owlkin Frenzy never procs, ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Seems you never multidot on ambershaper

Deleted
    It is a hard nerf to the feral usage of Nautre's vigil. That said it was needed in pvp as I have heard. If nothing changes for other talents I will most likely go HotW for progress non dps checks and DoC for dps checks now. I do not see it being very strong now. Do not forget that this nerfes your execute rip by quite an amount.

Depends on the fight, really. Some fights, it procs all over the place, others, it never does.

Do keep in mind that the healing mechanic still works the same, so while this is at best a non-change for damage, it's a huge buff to the healing side. Unless you're resto, then it's the other way around.

As for me, i can't say i care. I suck at managing CDs anyway, so i went with the passives right of the bat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    For feral, probably. HotW will prolly be the better option for resto, guardian and balance.
    Feral is already DoC > NV.

Unfortunately, I can't see DoC being better than HotW for resto unless you get 2 boosted healing spells. It would only be useful with WG imo, and you want that buffed with SotF. Especially now that SotF is buffed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Depends on the fight, really. Some fights, it procs all over the place, others, it never does.#

Do keep in mind that the healing mechanic still works the same, so while this is at best a non-change for damage, it's a huge buff to the healing side. Unless you're resto, then it's the other way around.
    Oh yeah I know, I was exaggerating. It's just that it's not something you can count on like a trinket proc, but it can proc on specific encounters, if you're "lucky" (not sure if being directly attacked can really count as lucky )

Seems you never multidot on ambershaper
    That makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    what should a Boomkin be doing for final specing then? To early to know?

Does anyone know who is the top boomkin right now? or in a top guild I wanna look at how they are gearing and such

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastit View Post
    Does anyone know who is the top boomkin right now? or in a top guild I wanna look at how they are gearing and such
    I would assume that's Lappé from Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Blastit View Post
    what should a Boomkin be doing for final specing then? To early to know?

Way to early. For all we know, Blizz could just decide to trash the druid changes and revert back to the current state. Don't worry about what you "should" take until we get release candidates.

15+ Year Old Account
    It procs alot in pvp....not sure if that is a good or bad thing...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It procs alot in pvp....not sure if that is a good or bad thing...
    it procs for me during dailies and such. isnt it really just a defense mechanism

Oh yeah I know, I was exaggerating. It's just that it's not something you can count on like a trinket proc, but it can proc on specific encounters, if you're "lucky" (not sure if being directly attacked can really count as lucky )

That makes no sense.
    It's pretty much guaranteed to be up if you have an amber on you. Though that has nothing to do with multi-dotting. Aside from that, it also procs from all kinds of AoE. I think the "direct attack" is more supposed to be a "not DoT".

Then again, it also procs from all kinds of weird stuff that isn't any kind of real attack.

Deleted
    If they do the same with incarnation that would make sense. Otherwise it is dumb to use it every 1.5 min. We have enough things to worry about.

Well, its definitely a good change for feral soloing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's pretty much guaranteed to be up if you have an amber on you. Though that has nothing to do with multi-dotting. Aside from that, it also procs from all kinds of AoE. I think the "direct attack" is more supposed to be a "not DoT".

Then again, it also procs from all kinds of weird stuff that isn't any kind of real attack.
    Well obviously if you don't multidot you won't get aggro on them, if you have a shadowpriest in your raid or any other multidotter for that matter, so yes it kind of has to do with multidotting