Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lightbulb Starting to understand the "Forced Dailies" argument

Apparently my raid is having trouble with some of the DPS not pulling their weight.

I was questioned about one or two pieces of my gear, and asked why I didn't have Valor gear in those slots.

I responded "because I dislike doing dailies."

They responded by saying if I didn't do them, I could be cut.

Of course there are alternatives..
    -Don't raid
    -Find another raid

Neither of which appeal to me.

So I dare say that I'm being "forced" to do dailies.

Not. This. Again.

Edit: If after Months you still have slots where 489 gear would be an upgrade, what have you done all the time? Even without ANY raiddrops you´d be decked out in purplez now.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2013-01-02 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Not. This. Again.
    Agreed. There are 200 threads on the official forums alone talking about how to get geared without every touching a daily. Also... for the record...

"It is not our problem, nor Blizzard's fault, that the guild YOU CHOOSE to be in has such strict guidelines." So you are being forced... BY YOUR GUILD.

That's a guild problem. If you join a guild that wants the absolute best gear you can have before progression, then that's what you have to expect. No one was forced to run dungeons until they had 397 valor gear and get head enchants in 4.3. No one was forced to do 25m raids in Wrath. No one was forced to go back and gear up in previous raids in BC.

You're blaming the existence of an option for the demands of your guild.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You're blaming the existence of an option for the demands of your guild.
    The thing is, there's only one other option which is RNG in LFR.

Hasn't this already been put to bed? Even Blizzard has said, anything that provides player power feels mandatory to most people.

Deleted
    This isn't the thread you're looking for.... *Jedi move* move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Hasn't this already been put to bed? Even Blizzard has said, anything that provides player power feels mandatory to most people.
    Agreed. This is a Guild requirement, not a game requirement. I would Google "how to get raid ready without doing dailies" and you will find a dozen sites to help you out. Sorry your guild is so strict, but this is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    The thing is, there's only one other option which is RNG in LFR.
    It's not like there's never been a guaranteed gearing path before. Refer to section C:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    No one was forced to run dungeons until they had 397 valor gear and get head enchants in 4.3.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Agreed. There are 200 threads on the official forums alone talking about how to get geared without every touching a daily.
    And it's entirely possible to get exalted with Klaxxi through turn-ins.

"Forced" in this case, does not mean "required", in the fashion of gated content. It means that the advantage provided by completing an unpleasant task is such that people feel obligated to do them in order to succeed.

The availability of alternatives is irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Apparently my raid is having trouble with some of the DPS not pulling their weight.

What I'm reading is. Some players are not pulling their weight in DPS. Guild\raid leader doesn't understand enough about the game to know that one or two items isn't going to make or break a DPS fight, unless maybe going for world first.

Since you are being required to gear up, it implies you're not pulling your weight.

The answer is, you need to fix something that is broke and gear is a mask to fixing what is broke. You can blame dailies or blame it on the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And it's entirely possible to get exalted with Klaxxi through turn-ins.

"Forced" in this case, does not mean "required", in the fashion of gated content. It means that the advantage provided by completing an unpleasant task is such that people feel obligated to do them in order to succeed.

The availability of alternatives is irrelevant.
    Also, if completing all quests in Pandaria, you are automatically Honored with the ones that actually matter and can then just walk up and get the gear. My point was the "being forced" was a result of the strict guild and not the game. The alternatives were merely to demonstrate that dailies are not required. This was done in the off chance the OP just wanted to open an "I hate dailies" thread under the guise of being forced to get VP gear by his guild. If it was a setup, it was a poorly executed one as no one thus far hates dailies (or has at least verbally expressed it) and if it is because of his guild, then it is absolutely his own fault for allowing his guild to corner him that way without offering solutions. You get what you choose, and this guild just sounds a bit too hardcore for my flavor. Issue for the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    What I'm reading is. Some players are not pulling their weight in DPS. Guild\raid leader doesn't understand enough about the game to know that one or two items isn't going to make or break a DPS fight, unless maybe going for world first.

Since you are being required to gear up, it implies you're not pulling your weight.

The answer is, you need to fix something that is broke and gear is a mask to fixing what is broke. You can blame dailies or blame it on the rain.
    I never said I was the one with DPS issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    You can blame dailies or blame it on the rain.
    Thanks Now I have that Milli-Vanilli song stuck in my brain

OT: It truly is the guild enforcing their own rules and holding their raiders accountable for their gear. Raid guilds have standards, but this is not a gamebreaking issue. This is merely the OP needing to "follow the rules of the guild" or lose his raiding spot. Not a Blizzard issue.

I was questioned about one or two pieces of my gear, and asked why I didn't have Valor gear in those slots.

-Don't raid
    -Find another raid

You are being forced to do dailies by poor leadership.

DPS can be boosted more by being better players than getting gear from dailies. If your guild thinks that 2 pieces of rep gear is going to make the difference, then they are misguided. The problem is either your strategy, or poor playing. Not gear. Gear is only a band aid for sub-par players (of course this assumes that you are not trying to raid heroics in greens or something ridiculous like that).

Deleted
    You can also get valor capped by doing LFR or LFD.
    You are absolutely not forced to do dailies, for this reason. You are forced to do dailies for other reasons though. Gold coins. Reputation rewards.

I never said I was the one with DPS issues.
    Even worse. So someone else is doing less DPS than you, but because they have better gear your raid leader wants to keep them? Sounds like poor raid/guild leadership.

This was done in the off chance the OP just wanted to open an "I hate dailies" thread under the guise of being forced to get VP gear by his guild.
    There's no deception or misdirection here. My point was that I can sympathize with people that claim dailies are forced, because in this case, if I want to continue with my guild, I'm forced to do dailies since there are literally no other options besides LFR.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Even worse. So someone else is doing less DPS than you, but because they have better gear your raid leader wants to keep them? Sounds like poor raid/guild leadership.
    I think the leadership is just trying to get everyone to do their best. I was caught in the crossfire.

10+ Year Old Account

-Don't raid
    -Find another raid

You are NOT being forced by Blizzard, you are being put in a position by your raid group. Your alternatives are, Do or Do Not.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You are NOT being forced by Blizzard, you are being put in a position by your raid group. Your alternatives are, Do or Do Not.
    And if upgrades weren't strictly behind gated daily content, I'd actually have alternatives.