Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I just started playing.

Well, ive recently just started playing LoL, its addictive but its so frustrating. Ive played many champions already which I cannot get to grips with, i die over 10 times a game etc. I just need a champion ill be best at. One which is easy to master. I don't mind which position I play and if I got the help I needed, somebody who cknows alot about there champion, I dont mind being there champion if its easy to play well. Thankyou for reading this, if you could or want to show me anything my name is Intenselyintense Ill be online all of tonight. Thanks again!

INTENSE

Welcome to League my friend. One of the best starter characters I can recommend is Master Yi. I used him from level 1 to 15 and easily went 15+ kills a game. Build attack speed and damage on him and you can just melt people.

Deleted
    Thanks alot! Could by any chance I add you? Or can you write out a build or a website to strictly copy off? What position do I play as? What abilities to go for first. When I said write out a build. I meant what items to buy from start to finish to benefit me mostly. Thanks alot for your fast reply by the way.

I play on West EU.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will second Master Yi, he's pretty easy to play and pretty forgiving.

I would also say, Ashe for a 'carry' is pretty easy. Ryze is a pretty easy 'mid' or 'ap'(ability power) champ too.

If you're looking for guides and how-tos head to mobafire.com or solomid.net. Mobafire has a lot of guides, solomid has better 'competitive' guides to help you out.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCal View Post
    Thanks alot! Could by any chance I add you? Or can you write out a build or a website to strictly copy off? What position do I play as? What abilities to go for first. When I said write out a build. I meant what items to buy from start to finish to benefit me mostly. Thanks alot for your fast reply by the way.

I play on West EU.
    I play on the NA East so you can't really add me. As for build guides I would check out http://www.mobafire.com/ they have a lot of easy to understand guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    I play on the NA East so you can't really add me. As for build guides I would check out http://www.mobafire.com/ they have a lot of easy to understand guides.
    I would stay away from Mobafire.
    While they do have some good guides, most of them are pretty bad and a new player can't distinguish the good from the bad.

For guides go for www.lolpro.com or the approved guides on www.solomid.net.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    While they do have some good guides, most of them are pretty bad and a new player can't distinguish the good from the bad.

lolpro.com guides are not at all for new players. Most of the builds have things designed for advanced, coordinated tactics in LoL...not for your average joe who is just starting out.

Solomid is decent though if you can make it past the million ads

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post

This. There's even a recent topic here, promoting a terribly bad Malzahar guide - unfortunately that's the norm on Mobafire. LoLpro and Solomid are much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would shy away from mobafire guides. There are some really good ones like the comprehensive karma guide, but there are many awful ones too. I tend to use LoLpro, but solomid guides are good as well.

On the topic of what champion to use for beginning, I am going to have to disagree with master yi. He has a very poor early game which is only partly remedied if you somehow got fed and got lots of items.

I would go for garen. He is very simple, has a very strong early game and transitions decently well into the late game. His late game isn't the best, but his early game is amazing.

Also, in the future please use the "The 'What champion should I buy thread'" for questions regarding which champion to play.

If you look at guides just skim through to the basic recommended items / summoner spells / masteries and skill explanations.

Most other stuff will be way too much info for now and can be a bit daunting when it's like a short novel length guide with every match-up explained in detail and 25 items you could build discussed :P Fantastic for later, but I would skim it for now.

Also make sure you pick a guide that is flagged as s3 or the items and masteries will be out of date

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to avoid lolpro, just because their site layout is atrocious.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

i am new here and don't know how to play....

I found Katarina and Poppy very easy to do well with in the lower brackets, although the latter was still a challenge, but being a hyper carry she pretty much demolished the enemy team when fed.

Welcome to the league! enjoy your stay!
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    she pretty much demolished the enemy team when fed.
    Sadly that is one of the biggest problems with newer players. They aren't going to get fed, they aren't going to be able to buy the really good scaling items, they are just going to feed the enemy team. Trick is finding them heroes to learn the game with who are useful regardless of what amount of farm they have. Ashe is one of those heroes since she can slow on auto-attack, has an AoE slow and can reveal parts of the map. With or without items she will be able to do those things.

Not saying you are wrong or anything I'm just saying that a carry who needs farm might not be the best suggestion. Unfortunately I quit LoL some time ago and I'm clueless when it comes to the newer characters and the current metagame, so I can't suggest anything myself.

Deleted
    Start with easy champions for their roles, for example:
    Top - Garen, Master Yi
    Mid - Ryze
    Bot - Ashe, Caitlyn
    Support - Soraka

Having a mindfart right now, but basically "click" champions, preferably with no skill shots. Those require some practice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    basically "click" champions, preferably with no skill shots. Those require some practice.
    And how will he get that required practice if he never uses them?

Deleted
    Dyrus recommends learning those:
    Top - Singed
    Mid - Karthus
    Bot - Graves/Soraka
    Jungle - Mundo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Dyrus recommends learning those:
    Top - Singed
    Mid - Karthus
    Bot - Graves/Soraka
    Jungle - Mundo
    oO I wonder why....

Deleted
    Singed - press R and spam Q to farm
    Karthus - press R
    Mundo - farm, press R
    Graves - autoattack, press R
    Soraka - heal, press R

And the point is that those are rarely if ever banned, yet all legit and not really hard. If you know them all, there's always something you can play for each role.
    That's what Dyrus said. And painted

That list is actually pretty accurate, since they're all fairly simple AND fairly viable.