Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i still think it would work better as WG/TB style, we'll see though. wonder if it would be a 5v5 bg?
    Sure i saw 5v5 RBG's somewhere i like that idea.

Deleted
    Wasn't there already a 5v5 option for rbgs ( and even 15v15) at some point, but they scrapped it? Eitherway, we already got 5v5....in arenas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Wasn't there already a 5v5 option for rbgs ( and even 15v15) at some point, but they scrapped it? Eitherway, we already got 5v5....in arenas.

wasnt that wargames?

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Upload it on to this thread please
    I will, atm rendering cameras. New video will be 100% better then the old one Just take your time, or subscribe to youtube.com/user/blizzard.rs then you will know instantly when it is uploaded

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    A DotA style BG would be pretty great I think. Especcially if they allow jungling to work (meaning that standing in bushes makes you not visible). Whether this is an official alpha model, or just someone with modelling experience playing a practical joke - I can't say. Blizzard did say that they would make a DotA style BG, plus - I'm pretty sure they own the trademark on the acronym DotA - so that could either be a means of rubbing that in, or securing the patent that they are still using it - or just because they can.

Ultimately it's a proven map / game format though - and it can be very fun - I'd be interested to see how it works out in WoW. My guess is there would be problems though. You see, in DotA style games, the reason to split up (2/1/2 or 1/1/1/2 splits) is so you all maximize your early gold and experience to get gear, to do more damage / have more health / etc. In a WoW version, we're already max level - and we already have our gear - so there is no reason to split like that, we would just turret rush mid or w/e. In fact, I'd bet solving that strategic conflict is why the BG style got scrapped in early MoP beta when they mentioned it.
    It sounds great in theory but has a lot of draw backs in practice. Do you honestly think people would enjoy being scaled back, losing the advantage they worked for when it comes to gear, losing attributes, possibly skill and other stuff? I think things such as Sota have proven they don't, Occulus and Malygos just showed how much people really disliked that.

And yes Dota is a proven map/format, but so is command and conquer and that wouldn't work here, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    No. They did want a Dota style BG. And now with the THUMBS DOWN EPICNESS you can thumbs it down and not do 20 mins of DOTA Style pvp.
    Unless it is entered into the RBG rotation. Also you'd be forced to run it 100th times at least.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the issue i see with this being a battleground is that blizzard moved away from long battleground, they made AV so its short, a lot of players didnt like AV lasting so long and long bgs in general. so unless this battleground will be over very quickly (not likely, DoTa style games usually last 20-40mins). i think this will be more like WG or TB.
    Half of dota is about farming items. This would be like playing dota with a decked out hero, so only the final phase of the game would really matter.

That is, of course, assuming Blizzard don't add dota mechanics like gold and temporary items. That would be highly interesting.

Deleted
    Anyone remember ENFO from Warcraft 3? That would make a good scenario.

This BG is going to be flooded with the classes that can burst 1v1-2 and so many specs are going to get shafted by it.

This is going to be sooo fun, I can see it now... Might as well just start playing Frost Mage/Warrior, even after the nerfs they're still going to be ridiculous in this style of BG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It sounds great in theory but has a lot of draw backs in practice. Do you honestly think people would enjoy being scaled back, losing the advantage they worked for when it comes to gear, losing attributes, possibly skill and other stuff? I think things such as Sota have proven they don't, Occulus and Malygos just showed how much people really disliked that.
    I agree, the point of my post is exactly that they scrapped it because it's an unsolved problem. That without gearing up, people would just turret rush mid and ignore laning phases - dota wouldn't work in wow. Helps to read posts before you respond ;p
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I agree, the point of my post is exactly that they scrapped it because it's an unsolved problem. That without gearing up, people would just turret rush mid and ignore laning phases - dota wouldn't work in wow. Helps to read posts before you respond ;p
    I did but I might have misread what you meant, we usually disagree so I just assumed wo do disagree on this one aswell. How about you just change your opinion so I was right?

They did talk about having scenarios with more than 3 people. If this doesn't end up as a BG, it could very well become one of those scenarios.

What I see now in the new video, and what you will see soon, will make you really believe that this is something really DoTA Like.

Video will be up in 160min :P http://youtu.be/t8HcLfZx8vY

Going to sleep.
    Last edited by Stiven; 2013-01-04 at 03:31 AM.