Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

New bg in 5.2 ???!

i can´t post video links , so try "Defense of the Alehouse Battleground Video Preview " at youtube

What do you guys think about this bg will we see it in 5.2 or later ?

I call fake. Even the so called BG is called dota for short...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Blizz said they wanted to introduce DotA-style battleground. Could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Well, Blizz said they wanted to introduce DotA-style battleground. Could be possible.
    But it being called dota for short seems fishy.

Deleted
    I suppose it may be fake, but it's like the datamined stuff of the interior of the thunder king raid, which they also have on they're channel, so could be real.

Seriously guys, do you think it is fake ???
    I made the video I have exported those files that you can see on screenshot, and imported them in 3DS Max to make a video:

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4211/exporting.jpg

Is it the new BG, I can't say. I can only hope so because of some GC Posts that DoTA is not discounted:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...20816537579520

I am speculating that it is Battleground because of the name defenseofthealehouseBG

I don't see how this will work as scenario when there are equal sides.

Since the video is not that good, and that was my first project in 3DS Max, I was able to load up hoses now and make it look more pretty will try to add some light :P
    In the end I will render it again and make better video so you can check it out.

In the end I am official Blizzard Fansite member, I wouldn't jeopardize my Fansite membership with some fake Map... Blizzard EU is already aware of this as other fansites that posted those videos, screenshots and information.

Deleted
    Could easily work as an scenario simply by putting people on the side they belong to when running the scenario. I sure hope it is one, because Dota is pretty much extremly watered down Warcraft 3 where you only control one unit and I bet with you that the vast majority would come to despise the BG faster then they did with IoC or Sota.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    because Dota is pretty much extremly watered down Warcraft 3 where you only control one unit and I bet with you that the vast majority would come to despise the BG faster then they did with IoC or Sota.
    The big problem of this Bg that it forces players into battles which they can harldy win under certain conditions, for example:

Let's say it's a 5v5 Bg, so you will have 2 2v2 and a 1v1 situation, obviously classes that perform well within a 1v1 situation or in 2v2 will be king in this Bg.

Not even taking Healers into account.

This situation would pretty much continue in any size, this Bg will be a huge pain for Classes that are likely getting focused if they aren't lucky enough to have a healer on their lane.

wait i just see trees....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    This.

I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Making the video with Houses. Hope it will make you happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's the dota bg. I also hope it is in 5.2. Is this footage from the PTR?

15+ Year Old Account
    A DotA style BG would be pretty great I think. Especcially if they allow jungling to work (meaning that standing in bushes makes you not visible). Whether this is an official alpha model, or just someone with modelling experience playing a practical joke - I can't say. Blizzard did say that they would make a DotA style BG, plus - I'm pretty sure they own the trademark on the acronym DotA - so that could either be a means of rubbing that in, or securing the patent that they are still using it - or just because they can.

Ultimately it's a proven map / game format though - and it can be very fun - I'd be interested to see how it works out in WoW. My guess is there would be problems though. You see, in DotA style games, the reason to split up (2/1/2 or 1/1/1/2 splits) is so you all maximize your early gold and experience to get gear, to do more damage / have more health / etc. In a WoW version, we're already max level - and we already have our gear - so there is no reason to split like that, we would just turret rush mid or w/e. In fact, I'd bet solving that strategic conflict is why the BG style got scrapped in early MoP beta when they mentioned it.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Making the video with Houses. Hope it will make you happy.
    Upload it on to this thread please

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    A DotA style BG would be pretty great I think. Especcially if they allow jungling to work (meaning that standing in bushes makes you not visible). Whether this is an official alpha model, or just someone with modelling experience playing a practical joke - I can't say. Blizzard did say that they would make a DotA style BG, plus - I'm pretty sure they own the trademark on the acronym DotA - so that could either be a means of rubbing that in, or securing the patent that they are still using it - or just because they can.

Ultimately it's a proven map / game format though - and it can be very fun - I'd be interested to see how it works out in WoW. My guess is there would be problems though. You see, in DotA style games, the reason to split up (2/1/2 or 1/1/1/2 splits) is so you all maximize your early gold and experience to get gear, to do more damage / have more health / etc. In a WoW version, we're already max level - and we already have our gear - so there is no reason to split like that, we would just turret rush mid or w/e. In fact, I'd bet solving that strategic conflict is why the BG style got scrapped in early MoP beta when they mentioned it.
    Actually, I recall them saying that they would want to implement certain mechanics such as leveling up inside the BG, don't know how that will work out though. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Blizzard wasn't able to trademark "DotA", hence why they went for "Blizzard All-stars" for their anticipated DotA game.

Quote Originally Posted by artame View Post
    i can´t post video links , so try "Defense of the Alehouse Battleground Video Preview " at youtube

What do you guys think about this bg will we see it in 5.2 or later ?

I mean its definitely not complete, but if it was "real" I would have a nerdgasm.

Deleted
    the issue i see with this being a battleground is that blizzard moved away from long battleground, they made AV so its short, a lot of players didnt like AV lasting so long and long bgs in general. so unless this battleground will be over very quickly (not likely, DoTa style games usually last 20-40mins). i think this will be more like WG or TB.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the issue i see with this being a battleground is that blizzard moved away from long battleground, they made AV so its short, a lot of players didnt like AV lasting so long and long bgs in general. so unless this battleground will be over very quickly (not likely, DoTa style games usually last 20-40mins). i think this will be more like WG or TB.
    No. They did want a Dota style BG. And now with the THUMBS DOWN EPICNESS you can thumbs it down and not do 20 mins of DOTA Style pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    No. They did want a Dota style BG. And now with the THUMBS DOWN EPICNESS you can thumbs it down and not do 20 mins of DOTA Style pvp.

i still think it would work better as WG/TB style, we'll see though. wonder if it would be a 5v5 bg?