Poll: What year did you start playing World of Warcraft?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Year you started playing WoW?

I'm interested in seeing when people started playing World of Warcraft considering it's been out for eight years already.

2006, I was too busy being addicted to WC3 to even bother with WoW back when it was released. But too many of my WC3 friends went to try out WoW, and dragged me with them

2004 but was not in any hardcore guild or anything.

Pre-Cataclysum, but I don't play anymore, Played too much (I stopped a week ago)

"Started" in 2005 (that's when I activated my current and only account). Didn't start playing ferreal until middle of 2007 (as in hit max level).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I dont really count the beta, so day1 EU would put it 2005..

Jan 19th 2005, would've got it in 2004 if I'd heard about it sooner probably.

edit - Actually, I'm not sure if I started playing in 2004 or not, I know I bought the game in 2005 but I can't remember if I played the game along with Treelife in 2004.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-01-03 at 01:44 AM.

Early 2005. March, I think? It took my friend a few months to convince me to play it with her, but the rest is history!

10+ Year Old Account
    2006, saw the end of Vanilla, though I was also late to buy TBC. I was also only level 40 on my highest toon (orc hunter) when I picked up BC.

EDIT: had the wrong year, just double checked on battle.net. Was 2006, not 2007.

Can't change my vote.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-01-03 at 01:49 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

December 05, 2004 played for about 4 months, gave up on wow for 6 months and then came back.

My mistake at first was to play a Nightelf Druid. The single most painful game play in the history of RPGs early WOW druids. When I came back I rolled on the new RP-PVP servers and rolled a Gnome Warlock, that got me going strong.

Just hit my 5th Anniversary. Started playing Dec 31st, 2007. What a great five years!

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started in April 05.

Didn't even know mmo were available in Australia (at that stage I didn't have a credit card and my parents didn't trust the internet)

10+ Year Old Account
    2010 (and I'm not ashamed to admit it!). I was lying in bed unable to sleep and extremely bored when I saw an ad for a free trial of WoW. I downloaded it and totally expected it to not work and be too graphics-heavy for my computer or too complicated to learn how to play or something, as had been my experience with pretty much every game I'd tried to play for 20 years prior to that fateful night in July 2010.

So after it installed and everything worked and I started playing, it was about midnight or so. The next thing I knew the sun was coming up as I made my way to Westfall for the first time. The rest is history, I've been hooked ever since.

I can't recall the exact day right now, but I do know it was around the week that Naxxramas 40-man was added.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

2009...I'm a wrath baby. Although I guess not so much of a baby anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    The very night wrath was released is when I started playing. I was on my home from work around 11pm when I drove past Best Buy and saw easily 100 people lined up out front. There was a huge banner for Wrath of the Lich King, was the only way I knew what they were lined up for LOL.

Came home, started a trial and the rest is history.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account
    March 2005, we where moving a lot at the time. Otherwise I would most likely have started at launch.

Either late 2006 or early 2007. I started not long before Burning Crusade came out, close enough that I missed Vanilla end game.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could go into my account history, but I know they were still opening the AQ gates on Sentinels-US.

Then my wife and I moved to SWC-US, because the lag on Sentinels was kind of bad for us, and we discovered SWC had already opened the gates, because those mat turnin NPC's that gave you a box with a random green were missing.

We didn't understand the significance of any of that until much, much later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started back in 04 in closed beta. Blizzard got me hooked early on >.<