Thread: PTR is up!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well after testing a bit on the PTR... Zen Sphere is pretty good for Brewmasters, but I think it still needs a small buff. Right now it heals for about half as much as a Chi Wave, but spread over 16 seconds... I was getting ticks for about 9k and detonate for 25k, compared to Chi Waves 32k per tick.

This was all tested on Target Dummies, so maybe it scales really well, but it will need to scale REALLY well to outheal Chi Wave. Of course the good thing about ZS is it's reliable and has 100% uptime, whereas Chi Wave is still stupidly unreliable. Case in point I had to go out to the middle of nowhere and use a low hitting mob and a /cancelaura Vengeance macro to test Chi Wave as when I was at the target dummies the fucker REFUSED to jump to me.... also it can only be used once every 15seconds.

Personally I'll be taking Zen Sphere, it's slightly less healing, but it's 100% guarenteed to be on you, not jump off to a random dps who stood in the fire.

p.s. Healing Elixirs is epic, gotta love 60k heals for free and that's with 0 health buffs, in raids it'll be even higher, not to mention Fort Brew
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Prediction for 5.2

Everyone and their mother will be monk. They are INSANELY overpowered right now on PTR its not even fun.
    Its not even challenging for my mate going 1v2 in arenas. Blizz better fix this if they dont want another season of fotm faceroll...

Ring of Peace is most likely overpowered when you add it into the rest of the monk's toolset and consider teammates that synergize with it. It just has too much potential, so I suspect it will be taken down a notch. We can't really tell for now of course, so if not during the ptr, the first few weeks of 5.2 will tell. Leg sweep is good, but there are many stuns in the game, and many of the monk's current teammates use stuns, such as mage or warrior.

be that as it may, it is great to see most of the changes on a mechanical level, and I hope they continue to iterate - numbers can be toned. However, i hope they didn't decide to cut S, E & F; I don't even care about all the rest as long as I get my fave ability in war3 implemented.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Prediction for 5.2

Everyone and their mother will be monk. They are INSANELY overpowered right now on PTR its not even fun.
    Its not even challenging for my mate going 1v2 in arenas. Blizz better fix this if they dont want another season of fotm faceroll...
    How, exactly, are monks OP on the PTR? Please explain this statement. All you are saying is basically that monks are OP, period. Please be spicific about your statement and try to support that argument.

Deleted
    It will not be nerfed until there aren't too much monks in pvp, and i don't think there will be more even with this spell.
    Should be more balanced if they had replaced Ox Charge instead Paralysis distance, at least there would be a choice.
    Infact, talented paralysis was the only ranged cc that monk had, otherwise, you had to run near the target and use something else, being vulnerable to counter attack in the meanwhile. That's what monks miss comparing to other melees: DK has grip and silence, warrior has charge, pala has stun and sap, rogue and feral have anything you want; even the reducing speed effect works only as melee for monks (warriors too, but i don't think it's a problem for them atm).
    Nimble is necessary, it's a lol been freezed by a mage, waiting to die without can't do anything because tiger lust\diffuse magic is in cd and you aren't enough in range for do anything.

At the end, RoP is still less powerful than a smoke bomb if played offensive and than a ring of frost if played defensive.
    And don't tell me that these classes havent other tools to have fun with you....

PS: i'm curious about if ring is spellstealable. Doesn't seems to be a magic but, LOL, i'm not surprised if it were in some buggy way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Ring of Peace. Can be cast on enemies and it affectes them. It's OP.
    I'm pretty surprised that it can be used offensively like that. But then again, RoP is in the CC tier of talents. Also, even though this is a silence/disarm, the target still has control of their character.

Strong? Yes. OP? I'd say no.

Monks the new Boomkins.

Gorefiend into a RoP to a Ursoc into a FoF into perhaps another RoP from a Mistweaver.
    RoP with a Smoke Bomb = Dead Healer

Regarding the new Mastery. Basing on my Enhance Shaman which stacks mastery, one could achieve 8.5k Mastery. That is around 25 Mastery which means 5% Per stack of Tigereye. Our Tigereye damage will be boosted from 20% to around a minimum of 60% with a potential of 70%. (S13 might have more stats to migrate mind you)

So tell me with Nimble Brew you'd run double DPS trinket, Trinket Proc, Double Dancing Steel, On-Use, and Tigereye 10, I'd expect my Rising Sun CriKicks to go from 70k to 100k on full Resil Targets, Fist of Fury will crit tick for 60-70k. Fresh 90s with no contenders would probably be sent to Mars from one Rising Sun CriKick.

Now pair all those with 8 seconds Silence, 3 Seconds Blanket from Spear Hand, 5 Seconds stun you'd best be ready for a world of hurt. With the possibility of Storm Earth and Fire cleaving 3 targets at full damage with Tigereye on a well played monk could single handedly take out 3 healers or put on unbearable pressure on them.

Whoever thinks that this isn't Overpowered is deluding themselves, and this is coming from a 2.2k WW who toiled all the way up there. It might not have been so at first since I thought Ring of Peace was like a Smoke Bomb, but being able to make the Ring mobile is a MAJOR thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Monks the new Boomkins.

Gorefiend into a RoP to a Ursoc into a FoF into perhaps another RoP from a Mistweaver.
    RoP with a Smoke Bomb = Dead Healer

Regarding the new Mastery. Basing on my Enhance Shaman which stacks mastery, one could achieve 8.5k Mastery. That is around 25 Mastery which means 5% Per stack of Tigereye. Our Tigereye damage will be boosted from 20% to around a minimum of 60% with a potential of 70%. (S13 might have more stats to migrate mind you)

So tell me with Nimble Brew you'd run double DPS trinket, Trinket Proc, Double Dancing Steel, On-Use, and Tigereye 10, I'd expect my Rising Sun CriKicks to go from 70k to 100k on full Resil Targets, Fist of Fury will crit tick for 60-70k. Fresh 90s with no contenders would probably be sent to Mars from one Rising Sun CriKick.

Now pair all those with 8 seconds Silence, 3 Seconds Blanket from Spear Hand, 5 Seconds stun you'd best be ready for a world of hurt. With the possibility of Storm Earth and Fire cleaving 3 targets at full damage with Tigereye on a well played monk could single handedly take out 3 healers or put on unbearable pressure on them.

Whoever thinks that this isn't Overpowered is deluding themselves, and this is coming from a 2.2k WW who toiled all the way up there. It might not have been so at first since I thought Ring of Peace was like a Smoke Bomb, but being able to make the Ring mobile is a MAJOR thing.
    You can't have a 5s stun and 8s silence, they're on the same tier. You can't cleave 3 targets for full damage, Storm earth and fire will be 40/40/40(120 total) in-line with blade flurry being nerfed to 25% from 100%. As with mop beta, what looks good on "Paper" doesn't always transition practically.

I spent the majority of last patch watching Frost bombs/Arms warriors critting people for 200-400k and demonology locks using demon soul to global people and you're telling me with double dps trinket, full agility procs, full mastery and 10 stacks of buffed tigerseye you'll be able to do 100k crits on an ability that has an 8 second cooldown? Not exactly impressive considering what other classes are capable of.

Ring of peace definitely a strong talent though.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2013-01-03 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm pretty surprised that it can be used offensively like that. But then again, RoP is in the CC tier of talents. Also, even though this is a silence/disarm, the target still has control of their character.

Strong? Yes. OP? I'd say no.
    Ofcourse you say no. You're playing a monk.

Deleted
    don't know what class you play, but i still think that a semi-spammable frost nova on melee is more OP than a 8 sec silence\disarm cd every 2 min.
    And still ridiculous that cyclone was fixed only on 5.2 ...
    If we are talking about what balanced or not, just don't be silly with a 2min cd spell. I'll guess it will be used on dps only in a defensive way, just the healers will suffer from it, but who cares, with dispel on cd healers are almost useless.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is not that much different from solar beam expect that it can be moved, do you think solarbeam is op then?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It is not that much different from solar beam expect that it can be moved, do you think solarbeam is op then?
    Solar Beam has half the CD, too.
    This just disarms also, its really just another ranged disarm or strangulate. The AoE aspect will only be brought into play in RBG's, and honestly monks need help in that field.

Why bring a monk as a melee when I need a warrior FC, a DK for grip and target calling, and a 3rd melee? ATM Feral and Rogue are both WAY better choices for that slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The difference is huge, though.

It is on a 1.5 min CD.
    Compare that to 5 sec stun on 45 sec CD(current talent).
    I pick 5 sec stun any day. Ring of peace have the plus of been range, and other people can just walk out making the AoE part much weaker.
    At least I'm not going to switch.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-01-03 at 05:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    The difference is huge, though.
    Lets think about it, without having help from someone else you either put it on the enemy and everyone will move away from the person who got Ringed. That can be good and bad, a good team is seperate the person ringed but a bad one might have everyone moving around which could cause the ringed person to move with the nonringed ones. In theory, with a good team, it would be easier to get away from RoP then Solar Beam. Though if you put it one a friend you could allow that person to follow the most grouped up people.

And if the other team does setup a massgrip/RoP Does the disarm really matter because unless you are going to hit the dk you will be moving out of it anyways.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

5 Second stun = Fist of Fury... Do people even know its a bloody Windwalker skill?

At any rate, I'm too lazy to scroll down to look for the datamined 5.2 patch notes. But it does seem my Tigereye brew calculation is mistaken. Was it 0.2% per mastery or 0.02% per mastery? Anyone who has used a Solar Beam knows that it has a critical problem, you cannot pre-amp drop it like ring of frost, it is stationary and requires an enemy target. However, is targetable on any Ally or Foe, preferably you would want it on a ally melee who is pursueing someone (A Healer). No matter how you put it, someone is going to get silenced for the full 8 seconds duration.

Anyone who think they could escape the RoP/Solar Beam in any competent RBG team is deluding themselves, cause there will always be an Ursoc Vortex on top of the DK after the grip, so its 50% snare. And as many people would have realise Solar Beam is not on DR, so will RoP be no DR not only the silence but the disarm part as well. People will be taking Mistweaver for this exclusively and maybe bring in a Windwalker/Boomkin for a second RoP/Solar Beam to really screw people's day up.

5 Second stun = Fist of Fury... Do people even know its a bloody Windwalker skill?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone trinkets on the stun immediately, any subsequent stuns by FoF will last so short you can simply walk out of it, can't you?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

ZS is really nice, though IMO far too rotational and we're already super rotational as is.
    Last edited by HamSandwichFace; 2013-01-03 at 05:54 AM.

Anyone who think they could escape the RoP/Solar Beam in any competent RBG team is deluding themselves, cause there will always be an Ursoc Vortex on top of the DK after the grip, so its 50% snare. And as many people would have realise Solar Beam is not on DR, so will RoP be no DR not only the silence but the disarm part as well. People will be taking Mistweaver for this exclusively and maybe bring in a Windwalker/Boomkin for a second RoP/Solar Beam to really screw people's day up.
    Actually good point on Ring of peace might not be on DR.
    If true it is going to OP, since at least one guy is can't do anything for 8 sec.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-01-03 at 05:57 AM.

Prediction for 5.2

Even before 5.2 monks are the easiest class to 1v2 anyway.