Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Can we do the new 5.2 LFR or 10 man raids on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Of course, this is all relative. I'm just saying that new content is always welcome.
    On that same note, dailies were the only thing keeping me logging in most of the week. My guild raids two days a week, about 3 hours each time. Thanks to lockouts and such, I could really only go back and run old raids once a week and most of those could be done in a single day. If there were no dailies in 5.2, then that would be a lot of unintentional "maybe you should be playing another MMO five days a week" prodding from Blizzard.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

What's wrong with it? I have two max level toons and they're both already revered with all of the daily quest hubs, and exalted with a couple. And I definitely do not have a lot of time to play as I work almost 52 hours in any given week. A new daily hub is a welcome relief to people who have already finished all of the old max-level content, and provides more options on how to do the daily grind. Also if the Shieldwall / Domination questlines were any indicator, Blizzard truly has found an excellent way to tell stories through dailies.

Of course, this is all relative. I'm just saying that new content is always welcome.
    I hate dailies. They just feel like chores to me. I don't think there has been a single daily quest I have actually enjoyed this expansion. And unfortunately, Blizzard currently really likes the daily quest model, where there's tons of stuff gated behind them. Sucks for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    On that same note, dailies were the only thing keeping me logging in most of the week. My guild raids two days a week, about 3 hours each time. Thanks to lockouts and such, I could really only go back and run old raids once a week and most of those could be done in a single day. If there were no dailies in 5.2, then that would be a lot of unintentional "maybe you should be playing another MMO five days a week" prodding from Blizzard.
    Yeah, dailies and raiding is pretty much all I log in for anymore as well. But the thing is, dailies are such a bore that I would rather only log in for raids. Too bad though, because I need to get those elder charms.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2013-01-02 at 11:09 PM.

I know I am asking too early, but has anyone noticed signs of the warlock green fire questline?

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Oh? If highest ilvl from LFR is 483, you have to get valor gear to get to next tier of LFR. To get valor gear, you have to do dailies. So if that goes live, LFR people will literally be forced to do dailies to progress.
    just wondering but... if you only do lfr... arent you supposed to do dailies? i mean thats what the valor gear is for... casuals

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Yeah, dailies and raiding is pretty much all I log in for anymore as well. But the thing is, dailies are such a bore that I would rather only log in for raids. Too bad though, because I need to get those elder charms.
    you only have to do 7 daily quests a day to get enough charms. it takes like 10 -15 minutes to do 7 daily quests this is not a valid concern plus yoiu get charms from pet battles in 5.2
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I hate dailies. They just feel like chores to me. I don't think there has been a single daily quest I have actually enjoyed this expansion. And unfortunately, Blizzard currently really likes the daily quest model, where there's tons of stuff gated behind them. Sucks for me.

I'm genuinely curious as to what you suggest Blizzard put in Patch 5.2 to keep people playing. They have a 13 boss raid and 2 world bosses. If they add a quest hub with one-time quests, those would get done in the first week and then never touched again. Dailies are pretty much the best thing this game offers to keep someone logging in each day. If you don't like to do them, that's your prerogative, and I won't lie it's not like I have fun doing dailies, but they do give me something to do each day. Otherwise, as WindWalker said, I wouldn't be logging in 5 days out of the week.

EDIT: Also it keeps saying my characters are locked and that I need to contact billing. No answers on the official PTR forums so if anyone has navigated around this issue I would appreciate your help.

I'm genuinely curious as to what you suggest Blizzard put in Patch 5.2 to keep people playing. They have a 13 boss raid and 2 world bosses. If they add a quest hub with one-time quests, those would get done in the first week and then never touched again. Dailies are pretty much the best thing this game offers to keep someone logging in each day. If you don't like to do them, that's your prerogative, and I won't lie it's not like I have fun doing dailies, but they do give me something to do each day. Otherwise, as WindWalker said, I wouldn't be logging in 5 days out of the week.
    i like the dailies sure after awhile they get a bit tiring but the only daily hub where i was like "ugh i dont wanna do this anymore pls gooby stahp" was the golden lotus
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    486 for new LFR!
    Thanks for this tidbit, something I've been wondering myself. Not a PTR player, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i like the dailies sure after awhile they get a bit tiring but the only daily hub where i was like "ugh i dont wanna do this anymore pls gooby stahp" was the golden lotus
    I actually enjoy the Golden Lotus....except for the Ruins of Gao-Lai, ugggh hate those.

For me the worst is Klaxxi. It just takes forever to do those dailies and they're so boring. Maybe it's just the bug theme that drives me crazy, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Ok I have a small problem with this. Knowing that I begin to agree that it will take WAY too long to advance to the next tier, should Blizzard not do anything to change the rate of gear acquisition in LFR. I'm in almost BiS LFR/Valor gear and I am barely 487. Just the valor gear alone that I have would take 6-8 weeks to get because of the Valor cap.

If Blizzard is going to stick to the "progression" style of raiding, where new players are expected to use LFR to catch up to the current Tier, then they need to make it faster to reach the level required to enter the next Tier's LFR. 2-4 weeks for a new player to catch up is ok. Being stuck in a prior Tier for 6-10 weeks is too long.
    Don't forget that the 489 and 496 gear that costs Valor now will cost Justice points in 5.2, which will be even easier to get -- and have no weekly cap. People should be able to gear up to 486 without waiting for weeks if they're willing to put in the playing time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Is it possible to transmog different Weapon Types @ Ptr ? (1h mace -> dagger as example)
    I'd very much like to know this as well Although, they said same animations so mace-dagger wouldn't work. Mace-sword should work though. Anyone fancy testing it out? Mainhand to one-hand as well please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    Absolute first thing in the patch notes? Another daily quest hub. No ty. :{
    Tell me what exactly how you found domninance offencive to be "needed" for raiding or whatever. That is right. It was not at all. So I have no issues with dailies as long as they keep them like DO. I really enjoyed those, also cause the lore is amazing

The portal to Isle of the tunder king or whatever it's called, it's not working sadly
    And the new "earth, storm and fire" ability aint in yet either :c

Edit: A mod with the awesome powers of making the picture smaller, could you use that power? Pretty please :c

Done - Millennía
    Last edited by Millennía; 2013-01-03 at 12:58 AM.

So a few questions. Can someone test the farm and the new herb rates of enigma seeds? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trellan View Post
    Don't forget that the 489 and 496 gear that costs Valor now will cost Justice points in 5.2, which will be even easier to get -- and have no weekly cap. People should be able to gear up to 486 without waiting for weeks if they're willing to put in the playing time to do it.
    Here's a question: when the current VP gear becomes purchasable with JP ... will they become Rare so they can be upgraded with JP? Or does the upgrade system not actually look at item rarity and just whatever is flagged on the gear?

And what about current tier drops? Will those be upgraded with JP?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    If none of your gear is upgraded, you still use a 463 weapon, and you are at a 486 average iLvl, then you are in head to toe Valor or Normal raid gear. Or damn near. Because in order to do that, you average iLvl in every slot but your weapon would have to be 489. It still likely took you a damn long time to get that level of gear, at least when we are talking about a new player needing to invest the same amount of time you did to reach the next tier. Only going up one tier like that isn't the end of the world. Going up more than 1 tier would be a nightmare.

480 would be OK. 486 requires more gear than what you could earn in LFR or a lot of luck and a lot of valor. Like I said, I am not opposed to it taking some time to reach a gear level that is ready for current Tier. But it should be faster than it took us to gear up in the first place. I don't think 2-4 weeks is unreasonable.

486 all gear from LFR/Valor not near full BIS gear no upgrades.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oeybear/simple
    took 2 months give or take. I didn't even ding 90 till a month past the expansion release... and I've only been half valor capping for about a month now.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2013-01-03 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Here's a question: when the current VP gear becomes purchasable with JP ... will they become Rare so they can be upgraded with JP? Or does the upgrade system not actually look at item rarity and just whatever is flagged on the gear?

And what about current tier drops? Will those be upgraded with JP?
    OUCH, that's a hard one. They still Epic, so should stay upgradeable with Valor, but then again, who will wate Valor on upgrading stuff bought with Justice? Unless they only introduce gear bought with tokens, which will restrain people choice on where to spend valor.

Geez, I'm glad I'm not a WoW developer painted on the corner.

Has Blizzard even stated that the current VP gear will become purchasable with JP?

Judging by how much emphasis is placed on VP over other currencies this expansion, I'm going to guess no. Expect future VP gear to no longer be gated by reputations, in order to prevent players catching up from blowing their points of dated gear.

What's the gear like? Do the pvp vendors provide s13 gear? Do the 90 premades come with raid relevant sets?

Inb4: lol newb, get geared on live and copy char over. The reason I ask is because they REALLY need to test levels of pvp power and resilience this upcoming season cause pvp power is way over the top in the current one. And you can't even a fraction of the ptr playerbase to test the new raid when premades come in blues.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

dat bugged PTR