Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Flask, bufffood, prepot and pot? In lfr? Lol.

I have the sha crystel on 3 chars and only one sha touched weapon as well, but thats how it goes. Keeps it interesting.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moohorn View Post
    So, from here on out I'm afking LFR. If RNG is RNG may as well get the better end of the deal by not actually working for it, right?

It's sad to say, but that's what this system currently seems to reward.
    And this is the reason LFR will go down hill, players being selfish and/or stupid. The system doesn't REWARD anything, RNG is RNG.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Cata LFR had a far bigger chance for loot. When you needed something you just rolled on anything you could, then when your item drops you then traded one of your won items for it.
    Full tier set took only 2-4 weeks that way.
    This is the biggest reason the loot system was changed!!!! So creeps could no longer need on everything!!!!!!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime someone cries about the nature of RNG, could we please have an auto-close thread and send them a puppy so they can cry it out and hug somethign instead of coming here ?

I like the loot system because I win a lot. I've probably gotten about 15-20 pieces so far. The problem is, I've only gotten 3 pieces or so that are upgrades.

Examples: I have received the tier helm and pants each /3/ times. Now this is not a problem because I am a druid so I have a balance set, a feral set and a resto set. Knowing that other people could use it though irks me.

I have received the soul cinch belt 4 times.

And my personal favorite: I got the sha touched mace and upgraded it twice. I then received the same mace. And last night I received the sha touched staff. I feel bad for the people complaining that after 6 weeks they've never seen one and I have 3. I like the staff for balance, sadly MH+OH beans 2H so it'll just sit or be vendored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata LFR had a far bigger chance for loot. When you needed something you just rolled on anything you could, then when your item drops you then traded one of your won items for it.
    ..........??

I've never in my entirety of running Cata LFR ever seen such a disgusting act.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    ..........??

I've never in my entirety of running Cata LFR ever seen such a disgusting act.
    I did. And people like him are /exactly/ why we have the RNG system now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

My level 48 monk has 2 set tier for 2 specs and i refuse to level him to 90. RNG is RNG...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I like the loot system because I win a lot. I've probably gotten about 15-20 pieces so far. The problem is, I've only gotten 3 pieces or so that are upgrades.

Examples: I have received the tier helm and pants each /3/ times. Now this is not a problem because I am a druid so I have a balance set, a feral set and a resto set. Knowing that other people could use it though irks me.

I have received the soul cinch belt 4 times.

And my personal favorite: I got the sha touched mace and upgraded it twice. I then received the same mace. And last night I received the sha touched staff. I feel bad for the people complaining that after 6 weeks they've never seen one and I have 3. I like the staff for balance, sadly MH+OH beans 2H so it'll just sit or be vendored.
    This is really the only big problem with the current LFR system....,but its far better then what we had going on when LFR first came out,
    Originally Posted by Voyager

Meh, I work hard in LFR. Sometimes I get nothing for a few weeks (and the Sha of Anger is really not fond of giving me loot despite coining it every week), sometimes I get the i483 cloak and 2T14 in the same lockout. RNG is RNG.

The nice thing is that because I work hard and because I try to be a good player, I don't need the better gear to complete LFR. I help out with tactics when I can, and I try my best not to get infuriated by the people who steal my sunshine. This attitude remains whether or not I get anything out of it outside the VP.

Right now I'm farming the rest of my T14 solely as a starting point for 5.2, but other than that, whatever. Something drops me, yay, if not, oh well, Wrathion still wants more VP so I'll be back next week.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Trading should still be allowed

so A) if I didn't need it I could trade to someone who did (it doesn't effect anyone's loot chance so I don't see a problem) and B) that if I wanted to I could trade it to an Enchanger to see if I could get some Sha Crystals/Blood Spirits to make my own damn gear

Not a fan of the loot system either. Way to many times, the same exact piece or a downgraded piece would drop for me. Why would I want another neck piece and the same one I am wearing ontop of the other 12 different versions that drop, same could be said for the rings, and back pieces. Right now I am sitting at 20+ fight encounters and have yet to win the Mace or my Bracers to replace my 471 pair, sheesh =/

I could complain about the fact that I have 1 tier piece for each of my specs (since I switched to accommodate more raiders) but I respect RNG. Some guildmates of mine have 4 piece. I have 1 piece. That's just how it goes...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post

so A) if I didn't need it I could trade to someone who did (it doesn't effect anyone's loot chance so I don't see a problem) and B) that if I wanted to I could trade it to an Enchanger to see if I could get some Sha Crystals/Blood Spirits to make my own damn gear
    LFR gear doesn't give blood spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviledna View Post
    I think LFR loot should be distributes to those who actually perform. I saw a mage get two piece tier in one night, who had a two piece tier set on already, who did a grand total of 14k dps. Yet the top dps mage, who has no tier gear, does 80k dps and gets nothing, not even with the rolls. HOW IS THAT rewarding to anyone. My TOES LFR last night, there was 11 dps in there who could not even crack 35k. Some of them in four piece. It was amazing that we could even kill any bosses at all. Yet many walked away with loot and I walked away with 8 bags of gold.
    How are you going to measure said performance ? In some LFRs, I'm normally #1 by a country mile. Other times, I que in with a guild group that's in half heroic gear that puts me down at 10th. Sooooo, do I not get loot because I came in 10th, I did 95K, but they all did 115K, so I didn't perform up to the par of the group.

I do feel sorry for some of you guys who are having terrible luck. I have 4 toons that are ilvl 480+ only my Pally seems to be having trouble with drops and is stuck at 472.

Funny part is, if you had my good fortune you wouldn't be calling for these changes. But you're mad at your luck and so you want to punish everyone you think doesn't deserve what they have and that's not really a good mindset to have.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I'm still 100% against trading and people nagging others for their loot. In principal, I wouldn't mind giving that extra Teir helm or weapon I got again, but the drama cost would get too high.

I personally want to thank you. It was because of butt munches like you, that they changed to this 100 times better solution. I'm sure you've found better ways to be a douche bag, but never again, do I have to lose loot to you because you might need it for trade later. So again, thank you for making them come up with a better solution.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-01-02 at 09:26 PM.

And this people, is what we call a fucking asshole. You're the reason for the new loot system. And the blind rolls give you the EXACT SAME CHANCE AT GEAR AS THE PREVIOUS SYSTEM*

*unless you're like Voyager here who totally ruined the WoW community.

Haha, so many people have said it well, RNG is RNG. I got my first piece of Tier from Sha on my 3rd alt. And then got the pants the same day from LFR. Cracked me up. I only ran Sha to get the boots so I could get into the rest of LFR.

If you want a boss that has guaranteed loot. Grab 9 (or 24) of your friends and go kill bosses. You probably have a similar chance (10-20%) that the piece you want off a particular boss will drop. When you are praying for that weapon, and the hunter agi mail chest piece drops, its the same thing, except in LFR you get gold.

Same %, but better loot... if your piece drops. Crap... I guess that means that LFR and regular raiding both have RNG for loot. Better quit. No one is handing us epics...

Yeah, but only because you had friends rolling for you. All you were doing was taking gear from people who didn't have buddies rolling for them.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I full heartedly respect RNG. I still cringe at my AQ40 days.

Sorry for the sha loot misrepresentation btw, I was distracted by my puppy.

Thanks for the intelligent posters back who have the sense to understand what I am talking about. For those amusing ones who only focus on my sha loot mistake - keep up the good work! I hope your whole life is full of you focusing on the little details while completely missing the point!

The only blue post I saw regarding this whole issue was from Zar, who said: "I doubt it. The fact that you won something you can't use for your spec doesn't necessarily mean you should be given something you can use. Customer Support would have to decide which spec–appropriate loot from the boss to give you, which doesn't seem like a fair compromise.

I understand that getting an item you're not supposed to be getting isn't fair either, but there isn't a very good solution I can think of to compensate for this on an individual basis. Either way, I don't decide CS policies and will let them to speak to that. You could inquire on the CS forum and reference this thread to see if they can provide any insight."

So.....am I reading this correctly? Contact customer service? Hahaha.

Seriously, this whole post is to gather people together so they might take a look at changing the system. It seems like if people do complain enough, they do change things. This is a problem, as like I have stated: people actually have to rely on LFR's to get gear for their own raid environments, especially if they do no want to do the dailies grind. And when RNG plays too much of a role, their is no fair alternative or avenue except to stand up for yourself and ask for a change or for Blizzard to just look at the system and exaplin why people are getting the same exact loot 3 weeks in a row, or no loot at all, when they clearly said the new loot system should ward against that efficiently, not 100% effectively.

I thought their was a substantial amount of more intelligent posters on Mmo-champion. Sadly, it looks like that part of the game is gone as well.

RNG is RNG. I've had decent luck on my Monk and my Pally, not too many items but I've gotten a few upgrades through them. I really actually like this system since it limits greifing. Before you would have ilvl 410 toons needing on everything, claiming they needed the gold or wanted to trade it to a guildmate. Now it's just queue, tunnel through the instance, 30 minutes later receive gold or loot. Really the loot system rewards are equivalent to the amount of effort put in. If everyone had to perform in LFR the same they have to perform in a regular raid, I could see complaints about the looting system. But that simply isn't the case. Even if you're a terrible player you can still down bosses.

Now I'm not one of those selfish ones who thinks they should just be able to AFK and breeze through the place. I use LFR as a chance to learn and adjust my skill set.