Deleted

Any guitarist out there?

So im currently using a line 6 75W amp and im quite happy with it, you dont need a lot of pedals to make your line 6 sound decent and you can play pritty much anything with it. The thing is that im going to start playing live soon and i want to get some new gear since i doubt a 75W amp will be good enough.

So im thinking about buying a line 6 pod 400HD pedalboard and a new amp but the question is which amp should i get and is the pedalboard good?? I do like the line 6 amps because they are really easy to use, they got 8 pre-set tones and then can you customize eatch tone quite a lot and they give a good sound for the money you spend on them.
    But if i buy a line 6 pedalboard should i be able to get those pre-set tones to another amp say a marshall amp.

So does anyone have any suggestions on good amps,pedals,pedalboards that you can play live with infront of 100-200 people.
    And if you want to write your own setup please do and write whats good and bad about it.

And ooh btw im playing a lot of trash metal, metallica,megadeth and so on. AND i dont want to spend a lot more than 600$~ on a amp

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends where you play at. If they have a PA system where they can just Mic your Amp, then you'd prolly be ok with a 75watt.

If you play metal, find a Marshall Stack and Head. You'll get great sound out of it. As for a pedal board, it's been too long since i've used one and i really don't do much research into whats new with them. I used to play alot of Metal, but i've really been focusing on classical the past few years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It depends where you play at. If they have a PA system where they can just Mic your Amp, then you'd prolly be ok with a 75watt.

If you play metal, find a Marshall Stack and Head. You'll get great sound out of it. As for a pedal board, it's been too long since i've used one and i really don't do much research into whats new with them. I used to play alot of Metal, but i've really been focusing on classical the past few years.
    Nah i wont be using any PA system, but dosent marshall in general require a few pedals? And is it possible to get a proper stack and top for 600$?

If you buy a pod HD, either get the 500 or 300 (or the bean/rack HD if you don't need a pedalboard). The 400 is just "you can have these couple of features for this much extra money compaired to the 300", while the 500 gives you everything. If you're on a strict budget the obvious choise is the 300 but if you're willing to spend a bit more cash then why not go all the way to the 500 when it costs just a little more than the 400?

I would suggest taking your guitar and head down to shop that sells used equipment, sometimes you'll find great deals on used stuff and it plays the same. Find an amp that you're interested in and ask to hook up. The only way to tell if you like it is to use it. I found http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/revie...ack/index.html at a shop for $300 back in 2002 or 2003 and it still sounds great and I play with out pedals, however, I am really thinking about getting a compression pedal soon since I started playing heavy again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grovely View Post
    Nah i wont be using any PA system, but dosent marshall in general require a few pedals? And is it possible to get a proper stack and top for 600$?
    You can prolly craig's list or ebay a stack for a good price. You will still need a processor or a good pod to get the effects you desire. I just really really like the sound Marshall stacks produce. Even at really high volumes they sounds natural without any extra unwanted distortion. ( I can't really explain that last part, but i'm sure your aware what a speaker sounds like when it is being over worked.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You can prolly craig's list or ebay a stack for a good price. You will still need a processor or a good pod to get the effects you desire. I just really really like the sound Marshall stacks produce. Even at really high volumes they sounds natural without any extra unwanted distortion. ( I can't really explain that last part, but i'm sure your aware what a speaker sounds like when it is being over worked.)
    Yeah, i found a marshall stack for 600$ so guess i will get that one!