View Poll Results: Do you think racials should be reworked?

Voters
60. This poll is closed
  • Yes, some of them are unbalanced

45 75.00%
  • No, I think they're fine

15 25.00%

Do you think current racials are fine?

From my own point of view. I think some races have it far better than others. For example, Alliance have a pretty overpowered pvp racial, well in general alliance have pvp racials and some of the horde races are more suited towards pve. Also, pandas.. Totally op to get twice the amount of stats when not all classes can be pandas.

Oh and I think every class should get one beneficial pvp and pve racial.
    Last edited by Demolocklol; 2013-01-02 at 07:19 PM.

All combat-enhancing racials should be removed, ideally replaced by flavour racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need more flavour racials, ones that make our race feel special, like have worgens go number 2 behind a bush, or goblins pinch a coin purse from behind someone, or night elves die like the giant drama queens they are... oh wait, they already do..
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    the guys voting no all play gross humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think haveing 100% ''balanced'' or ''vanity'' racials is terribly boring i like haveing dps cooldowns and things that actually improve/affect my character. Thats one of the things i hated about the races in Gw2. So i'd say keep them as they are while maybe tweaking maybe the cooldown or the overall uptime of them (example : increase CD on Blood Fury etc.)

Deleted
    They're far from fine considering every single guild worth their salt switches to Horde. Alliance racials are useless in PVE, especially the human and nightelf ones.

Deleted
    No they are not even close to fine. Horde is way too "OP" in PVE. As other have said, look at top 20 guilds. How many are alliance?

I don't understand why GC said he will only look into adjusting racials if non-top rated competitive guilds were re-rolling Horde because of racials; when just about every top guild is Horde because of min-maxing racials clearly favouring the Horde a hint should be taken. Alliance racials are weak, situational at best. Even the mighty human racial, supposedly OP pvp one, isn't that grand since a whole lot of top arena teams are Horde.

We need more flavour racials, ones that make our race feel special, like have worgens go number 2 behind a bush, or goblins pinch a coin purse from behind someone, or night elves die like the giant drama queens they are... oh wait, they already do..
    Permanent stinklines and flies buzzing around orcs would be a good touch for flavour and pretty accurate. Also have reading mail and in-game books stun them for 5 seconds since most all of them are illiterate oafs.

I checked no and I'm undead :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Permanent stinklines and flies buzzing around orcs would be a good touch for flavour and pretty accurate. Also have reading mail and in-game books stun them for 5 seconds since most all of them are illiterate oafs.
    Or how about all male night elves use a racial that has them throw on a popeye suit, befitting there deformed popeye image.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    All combat-enhancing racials should be removed, ideally replaced by flavour racials.
    Agree with this. The "1% reduced shadow damage" should be where the combat-enhancement stops, if not earlier.

Ghostcrawler himself stated that if they were going to make wow again, they would never include racials in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Ghostcrawler himself stated that if they were going to make wow again, they would never include racials in the first place.
    since they already removed class based quests thats little surprise.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Or how about all male night elves use a racial that has them throw on a popeye suit, befitting there deformed popeye image.
    Only if it comes with a pipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Only if it comes with a pipe.
    no it just comes with the giant growths that popeye was so stupid to realize where there:
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind having the racial be balanced, just as long as they don't remove the ones that don't affect others as much. I for one loved the shadowmeld racial for my night elf as I leveled him. I aggro'd so many things that shadowmeld was my only option because I didn't think I could even take on 2 mobs even at level 20.