Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Ati Card for Wow, but wich one

Hi there (sorry in advance if my english aint perfect)

My current card (Ati hd 5670 x2 (crossfire)) sadly it kinda starts to bug around and sometimes only 1 of the 2 works .. and then it works fine again for a week. Pre mop i could run 1920x1200 without probs on max and now i got crappy fps.

Since i don't like crossfire anymore for various resons i'm searching for a new card.
    Currently i'm thinking about the Hd 7850 but i can't find any reviews for WOW, all the other games don't realy need so mutch power just to give 30+ fps (sleeping dogs 50+ and it looks amazing)

So short: Grafic Card for WOW, (ATI if possible) max around 400$ Would be happy about inputs or links that help me in deciding, thanks
    Aditional infos about ssd would be nice, on what tech info i have to watch there (since they don't sound that expensive anymore and i got my xmas bonus)
    - pc setup else (if that is important) i7 920 @2,67ghz + overlock, 12gb ram.

Thanks to all that help me
    greez feardotcom

Deleted
    a $400 budget allows for 7970 which can easily be considered serious overkill for WoW.
    nvidia with 660Ti is also a very solid option. (but unlikely since you prefer ATI?)
    in short how much of that budget do you want to spend?

Buy a 120gig SSD for massively improved load times for $100~ and then buy a $200-$250 vid card. $400 is massive overkill for WoW, even $250 will be much more then you really need.

400 is my max budget since i wana play on ultra 1920x1200 with constant fps again
    if there is a cheap and good card would give me more money for drinks

Deleted
    purely anecdotal but I've been using a 7950 for WoW. Raiding 25man with 40fps at the LOWEST during heavy raiding. During 10man raiding or 25man out of combat I'll be sitting comfortably above 75fps.

The card isn't that expensive and comes in somewhat less than the equivilant nvidia card around where I live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    400 is my max budget since i wana play on ultra 1920x1200 with constant fps again
    if there is a cheap and good card would give me more money for drinks
    what kind of site could we use from which you are likely to order?

mostly local, since i'm living in cambodia and i don't trust the postoffice

i know some people so the price schould be average price?^^ i normaly use amazon as guideline and get 1-10% cheaper mostly not the best offer but better then order and never getting the stuff :P

thanks @shroudster for taking your time

Deleted
    np it's fun to hang around these forums and help people out.
    well try to check locally for ;
    Nvidia 660Ti cards would be either zotac AMP/MSI twin frozr/similar dual fan setups. (imo zotac AMP is the best 660Ti out there but might not be available or priced accordingly)
    ATI i'd say 7950 from XFX/sapphire/asus, same general rule get a dual fan layout.

those cards should provide you plenty of performance.

saw xfx 7950 on amazone for 310 around, have to ask a friend if i can let it send to him ^^

Deleted
    saw xfx 7950 on amazone for 310 around, have to ask a friend if i can let it send to him ^^
    660Ti might be more interesting with OC'ing (and nvidia works overall better with blizzard games)

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    np it's fun to hang around these forums and help people out.
    well try to check locally for ;
    Nvidia 660Ti cards would be either zotac AMP/MSI twin frozr/similar dual fan setups. (imo zotac AMP is the best 660Ti out there but might not be available or priced accordingly)
    ATI i'd say 7950 from XFX/sapphire/asus, same general rule get a dual fan layout.

those cards should provide you plenty of performance.
    I'd wait out the $40 and grab http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    read OP needs and look at what you suggest him??? that is similar to using napalm in order to rid the weeds from a garden (it works but sure is mighty overkill)

well the 660ti is around 300, that one is 450 looks good but meh i don't see the use of that one :P

15+ Year Old Account
    7870 is a fantastic card and will run WOW no problem and won't use your whole budget
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

1) You should get a GeForce card instead of ATI, it will last longer, it will give you a better fps. Normal gamers wont notice the difference in shading, so go for performance.

2) You should get a chassis that has your gfx-card hanging vertically. Most of the newer generation gfx cards are quite huge and weigh a ton, and gravity WILL kill your card prematurely if you dont have a decent chassis. I personally love Silverstones FT series: http://www.silverstonetek.com/produc...id=242&area=en

yeah getting more and more to the 660ti, but my chassis is good :P if it can hold 2 crossfire cards with a fan each then it schould hold 1 card pretty fine, and i love the alienware design it might weight 20kg but it sure holds and looks nice

@llDemonll hmm that one is even pretty cheap

220 for 7870
    300 for gtx 660ti
    310 for 7950
    or overkill for 450

for some resons i'm more confused then before, but atleat i got some cards that i can look out and check what i can get for best price/performance in the local shops

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    1) You should get a GeForce card instead of ATI, it will last longer, it will give you a better fps. Normal gamers wont notice the difference in shading, so go for performance.
    pid=242&area=en[/url]
    Thats just rubbish. Why on earth would a nvidia card last longer than a similar amd card? If any, nvidia has a trackrecord of cards breaking down after 2-3 years (8800 gtx, and even some 9xxx cards i think)

Deleted
    Any 7000 series card is more than enough for WoW tbh, it's all about the CPU.

And WoW has never supported crossfire, so you were probably getting worse performance with crossfire enabled.

Shit an ancient 9800gt can max wow if you have the CPU to back it up. Upgrading your old 920 to a sandybridge or ivybridge would see a much bigger performance increase imo.

7870 is a really nice card to have though, it's future proof and VERY good price/performance ratio. (i'm getting one myself when i have the money)
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2013-01-02 at 09:39 PM.

yeah getting more and more to the 660ti, but my chassis is good :P if it can hold 2 crossfire cards with a fan each then it schould hold 1 card pretty fine, and i love the alienware design it might weight 20kg but it sure holds and looks nice

@llDemonll hmm that one is even pretty cheap

220 for 7870
    300 for gtx 660ti
    310 for 7950
    or overkill for 450

for some resons i'm more confused then before, but atleat i got some cards that i can look out and check what i can get for best price/performance in the local shops
    Go for the 7870. The card will perform beautifully at the price, and with the money saved you can upgrade your CPU or just save them for another upgrade later.

Wow wont be pushing the 7870 to its limits im sure. Other games should be playable at high graphics aswell.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Shroudster, what is with your unnatural obsession with zotac video cards lol. IMO here is a list of top to bottom card manufacturers:

1. Galaxy. They make the best 600 series coolers out there, finally starting to be recognized because they moved away from the spaceship design.
    2. Asus. They have probably spent the most money in R+D of any card builder, but the results dont compare to galaxy.
    3. MSI. Twin frozr has always been a solid cooler, but its high time they start innovating again.
    4. Gigabyte. Hit or miss with this company, but if you get a good one they perform decent.
    5. EVGA. Great warranty and customer support but real lack of good custom cooler designs, if you have a poorly ventilated case and need reference design cooler, this is the company to buy from.
    6. Sapphire. Not much to say here, mediocre coolers and they sit far behind asus and msi for radeon card manufacturers.
    7. Xfx. I almost didnt put these guys on the list, but the 7000 series coolers are better than what they have put out in the past.

I wont even bother listing the rest as they really cant compete with any of the above mentioned. This is for america btw, i used to own gainward cards and they have a good reputation overseas.