Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    If the horde get anything before ogres I would be very very surprised. I really really want vrykul but Considering alliance and horde heroes beat them down they could be neutral. However they do it I want vryk on the alliance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Ogres for Horde, talking rocks for the Alliance.
    I'd love to be a talking rock. I'd land on people, like Kirby does in SSBM.

If we don't get rocks, mantid would be cool.

im for ogres/naga being with the horde.
    and etherals/ Vrykul going alliance.

And no, Naga wouldn't be Horde either. you think the Trolls would sit idly by and let their hated enemy join? The Amani left the Horde because of Blood Elves. Vol'jin and the Darkspear's entire plight was caused by Naga. They'd *never* associate themselves with the likes of Naga.
    The Blood Elves joined the Horde even though the Orcs killed thousands of them. Some races can change their policies. Most likely the Naga that would join a faction would be separated from Azshara so they wouldnt be the same ones that were fighting the Trolls.

First, it's not the Night Elves fault they are Naga, it's their own fault they are Naga. They brought it on themselves when they tried to destroy the world, commit genocide against their own people, and bring the Legion onto the planet and worship Sargeras as a God.
    The Naga would probably see it differently. The Night Elves prevented them from gaining Sargeras' power. The animosity between the two goes back farther than any other race, added to humans' racism against non-human looking races, is a much stronger deterrent to them joining the alliance. Basically Alliance is 2 major races against Naga while the horde is 1 minor race against Naga.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    High Elves? I can understand for being an Alliance race but will they simply be blue-eyed Belfs? Same Racials? What about starting zone?
    sure, why not?

I personally don't care about the lore at all, but I think more customize options within each race would be nice. Each race has several varieties and I think it would be cool if we had access to be them. Doesn't require a major overhaul since our characters are largely independent of lore anyway. weren't the darkspear trolls suppose to have been pretty much wiped out except for the fact that a few hundred maybe were saved by Thrall, and the Worgen intro paints it like your character was lucky to have retained your mind when you became a worgen. Yet in both cases there are hundreds and thousands of trolls and worgen running around, so I think that adding some optional character styles wouldn't be that much of a stretch:

Tauren/taunka/Yaungol
    Troll/forest trolls
    Forsaken/undead elves, tauren, etc.
    Orcs/Mag'har/Dragonmaw

Night elf/highborn/high elf
    Dwarf/darkiron/frostborn/wildhammer
    Gnome/mechagnome/leaper gnome
    draenei/broken

HONESTLY I think that they really don't need the faction lines that much, but that's just personal opinion. I mean, if a tauren or whatever swears loyalty to the King of SW, and proves his conviction then why the hell not? There are always members within a faction that aren't happy with their leader/situation and break off to join different factions, several even working with races that would have been enemies. While an Orc joining the alliance may be too much of a stretch, a Dragonmaw orc moving to orgrimar is far more plausible.
    Last edited by Zapgreen; 2013-01-12 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    this is my idea of how to handle the next 'neutral' race. pretty raw and don't have a name for said race.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tral-race-idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Why are people speculating races that hate all the "lesser" races?

Arrakoa? They tried to summon an Old God, and those who are good are allied to Shattrath. They've no reason to deviate.
    Naga? Hate eevrything that isn't Naga or allied to Azshara.
    Harpies? Probably the same as Naga.

Some of the more senible ones are;

Ethereal? Basically Outland's Goblins; they could very well join a faction or choose at level 10.
    Ogres? Some Ogres are allied with the Mok'Nathal Clan under Rexxar, a Champion of the Horde. They were also recruitable in the WC3 campaigns for Horde, so an easy Horde race.
    High Elves? I can understand for being an Alliance race but will they simply be blue-eyed Belfs? Same Racials? What about starting zone?
    You know that most of those things can change...

The nagas once were allied with the BE and demons so it can happen again, there can be a group of naga that for some reason separate from the others and join either faction (the alliance looking redemption or the Horde looking for a place to be accepted with old allies)

Arakkoa... true what you say (but i think that old god is a different one not one of those we already know) and yeah they are allied with Shattrath but... everyone is allied with Shattrath, so they can easily join an specific faction or become a neutral race.

Harpies..., Now that we have avianna back is more likely that there would appear harpies under her command, and in the end, she may join forces with the NE again.

Note: also Blizz once said that they would like to see Nagas as a playable race
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-01-15 at 05:07 PM.