Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

What would you like to see WoW borrow from other games?

Almost all MMO's borrow thing's from each other, Its fact, but what would you like to see WoW borrow next?. personally for me i would love to see Group questing like instant adventures from RIFT, i think it would be really neat to see raid groups of people working together in the open world. Also wouldn't mind some WvWvW from GW2, I also think some of the story questing from SW:TOR was quite good, What would you like to see borrowed?.

If WoW stayed with its former skill tree development I would have said more trees like in Rift. I think the dynamic events like in GW and Rift are cute and get old really fast. But other than that I would like to see a unify color scheme system like in SWTOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    If WoW stayed with its former skill tree development I would have said more trees like in Rift. I think the dynamic events like in GW and Rift are cute and get old really fast. But other than that I would like to see a unify color scheme system like in SWTOR.
    I do like the trees in RIFT, but could you imagine the nightmare blizz would have trying to balance it? its bad enough now hehe.

The legacy system of The Old Republic. I'd really like my characters to have a last name.

10+ Year Old Account
    It needs PQs like in WAR, man Im still inlove with those!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to say a Dynamic combat system like Tera, and a Player housing and profession (making the things for the house) similar to Runescape.

well AOE loot finally came from Rift.

as far as im concerned, the only other thing id like to come into the game is the instant adventures as you so put it...

was nice to be running around doing a quest or two when you had a Rift open up near you which you could go and defeat either by yourself or in a group to get some useful items/gear.

Deleted
    Hirelings (like in GW). This could be usefull for older content if the player is pure DPS and would like to bring a healer or the other way around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squaddles View Post
    I'd have to say a Dynamic combat system like Tera, and a Player housing and profession (making the things for the house) similar to Runescape.
    You should see the player housing in RIFT (Dimensions) its freaking crazy, you can build literally anything, i logged on the other day and looked at a few on my shard, someone had built a castle floating in the sky with a jumping puzzle, i was like holy shit

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    well AOE loot finally came from Rift.

as far as im concerned, the only other thing id like to come into the game is the instant adventures as you so put it...

was nice to be running around doing a quest or two when you had a Rift open up near you which you could go and defeat either by yourself or in a group to get some useful items/gear.
    Instant Adventures are an awesome way of making zones feel active, you click a button and automatically get put in to a raid group of up to 20 players and you have group objectives, such as "kill this boss" or collect 20 eggs and put them in the basket" things like that.

Agh. I hate the trees.

I love customization, and I love the new Talent Trees in WoW, but Rift's talent trees (although they fuse 3 classes together, which is cool) are just too..bloated IMO.

Don't they have a sort of Paragon system too for when you reach top level, you can increase your character's power still?

That's a feature I'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I would like to be able to play with my friends regardless of what faction they are.

If I play Terran there doesn't seem to be a problem with allying with someone who plays Zerg or Protoss. In lore we don't necessarily like each other but they don't let that break the "play with your friends" aspect of the game. I don't see why they do that with WoW. It feels very broken when I can see my friends online but I'm unable to play with them simply because of the Horde/Alliance rift.

I'd say "GW2 real dodging system" but I play a Monk so that's close enough. I really, really enjoyed questing in Pandaria. Voice acting, varied stories, humor and horror? Yes, please! I would, however, like some kind of repeatable "mini invasions" and a sort of "reappears all day boss" that required a team of people to beat but used the faction tagging system Blizzard is finally putting in as of 5.2. (So you don't even have to group, together.) It would let those people that don't like to quest, for whatever reason, have "outdoor dungeons" to do.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Ohhhh i would also like to see mentoring, basically being able to scale your level backwards to do old content at the difficulty it was designed for.

Deleted
    Hmm I always liked the random rifts in Rift lol. I once got ganked by invading npcs because the entire map was full of portals lol.

..... I would like to see a unify color scheme system like in SWTOR.
    I agree, really like that you can color all your gear to the color of your chest, I just wish you could pick the piece of equipment your gear gets colored to.
    A legacy type system would be cool too.

A "mech" like class would be kinda interesting to have based off goblin shredders and gnomish ones, kinda like in RF Online http://rfonline.wikia.com/wiki/MAU.

Can't really think of that many things I would want to add atm.

Crafting having mats in the bank, not necessarily in inventory.
    More customizable UI.
    Better indication of the entrances to the buildings/caves/sub-zones and levels on the map and mini-map.

I wish they would add large hubs for players to interact in and access things like banks, auction houses, quests, trainers and other things players need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I wish they would add large hubs for players to interact in and access things like banks, auction houses, quests, trainers and other things players need.
    Sounds like org and SW lol

Mix PVP and PVE realms in a single CRZ group, then give us the ability to somewhat quickly flip between the PVP side and the PVE side, with a long cooldown attached. As it is now, the top expac (MoP) areas would be limited to just your realm and it's rules.

I admit I've never played a game like this, but the idea just struck me as frikkin cool.

For me, a more sophisticated character customization system. It's amazing how sparse WoW's system is when in-depth customization is a standardized and default feature of all other f2p mmo's present and future. I mean, for $15 a month it should be a given. Just really sad to see how slow Blizz is when it comes to implementing certain features that people would think would be included when the game first came out. Took 4 expansions before AoE looting was added and it's not something as pivotal as inventing the wheel.