Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Eh, If he has a 502+ dagger for a mainhand its a little better than blue.
    It's a teensy bit better: 4,434 - 8,236 (blue 2.6) vs 4,713 - 8,753 (heroic 1.8), yes, but I doubt the OP has a heroic dagger if he didn't manage to kill the boss even in Assassination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Eh, If he has a 502+ dagger for a mainhand its a little better than blue.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, as I literally didn't do any math in MoP regarding daggers and slow offhands for Combat. But if nothing has changed since Cataclysm daggers are 45% weaker compared to slow weapons. Meaning any slow offhand with 4511 maximum damage will outdo an item level 502 heroic Stone Guard dagger. Normal mode No'kaled from Deathwing, a level 85 axe from last tier has 4710 maximum damage and should if I'm correct outdo the heroic Stone Guards dagger.

It sounds very unlikely so I'm just going to assume I messed up my calculations somewhere. However if this is correct, literally any MoP green will beat the dagger.

Start fight, Kite the warrior, engineer and pally to the back of the room. kite the mage as far behind KT as you can. This is important for phase 3. Make sure you wait until the engineer's debuff is at <10 before killing him and going into phase 2.

AoE the weapons down.

Phase 3: When all you see KT cast the res animation, blow spring and start strafing, it is possible to dodge the conflag from the mage. Once you dodge it, blow KS and nuke her. Kill the pally, then the engineer, kite the warrior waiting for the engineer's debuff to wear off. Even if you get hit by conflag, kiting the other 3 to the back of the room gives you enough time to eat it and still pop KS (you can pop Cloak too if you need to) and burn the mage down.

Phase 4&5 is tank and spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I haven't tried since Cata, but it's extremely difficult for a Rogue. You have to have a good understanding of how all the mechanics work because there is a buttload of CC in the fight and if you just run in there like a hero you're toast. What Neo said is good advice, it's pretty much the old blood DK solo strat. The fight is long and frustrating and one mistake spells your doom.

If I remember right back in Cata I managed to take care of the advisers after a lot of tedious practice, but KT would always wear me down. Not even with special abilities, he just did more damage than I could recup/evasion/CR. With a MoP hit pool and decent gear that would probably not be an issue now. I'm guessing.

The one advantage Rogues have is that with no pets or bloodworms or anything, you don't have to worry about that damn MC mechanic.
    How can you call it difficult? I regularly soloed him at lvl 85 with the old spreading strat and now with ilvl 454 blues without spreading the advisors in the instance. The keys to the fight are combat spec, pvp trinket and cosmic infuser. Why?

Combat spec - you have killing spree and adrenalin rush
    PvP trinket - removes disorient (capernian's and kael's conflagration)
    Cosmif Infuser - your healing spells also apply a buff which decreases fire dmg taken by 50%

Pull thaladred and sanguinar to the room entrance, kill capernian in her place, pull telonicus to capernian.
    Click BF, kill the weapons, pick up cosmic infuser, leave bf toogled. When the advisors resurrect, apply glyphed EA->snd (if you get disoriented, use pvp trinket)->KS->capernian is dead, telonicus almost. Deactivate BF, click cloak, finish telonicus and kill sanguinar while you kite thaladred. After sanguinar is dead click evasion, get 5 cp-s on thaladred and change your weapon to cosmic infuser. Use recup, finish thaladred and change back your weapon.
    Apply EA, than start your normal rotation, after snd, use AR+SB into KS and if you are a little bit lucky, at this point kael will have 50% hp and phase 2 starts. If you plan to refresh recup, always change your weapon to cosmif infuser and change back after you used recup. Also, don't forget to kick kael's firebolts. If you get disoriented by kael, use your pvp trinket.

Man all these complicated strategies.

Kill all the melee in a pile by the entrance to the room, kill the girl where she spawns. Hide by the entrance so the melee are LoS to you, pop killing spree when they turn the corner and it kills all 3 of the melee before the girls even in range. And the girl all by herself is nothing.

I can solo KT with only 20% health lost. Never even popping recuperate.

Deleted
    interesting will definitly try these

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    I call bullshit.

You can't do that as a rogue as you'd be stunned for the entire fight unless you use the tactic Neo wrote.
    I know a few people have spoken up already, but I'll toss in my token as well. I was doing him weekly the second I hit 90 in about ilvl450 blues. Combat, CloS and BF+AR killed all the advisors in less than 10 seconds, and focusing Capernian puts her down before CloS even ends. In horrible gear.

In fact I doubt you need to be combat with decent gear. CloS lasts long enough to get at least on advisor down with a dagger spec....

Leeching poison was indeed a huge buff to the moderate difficulty fights we had at lvl 85.
    It should now be a walk in the park, even killing them where they spawn.

Ilvl 380sh

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, as I literally didn't do any math in MoP regarding daggers and slow offhands for Combat. But if nothing has changed since Cataclysm daggers are 45% weaker compared to slow weapons. Meaning any slow offhand with 4511 maximum damage will outdo an item level 502 heroic Stone Guard dagger. Normal mode No'kaled from Deathwing, a level 85 axe from last tier has 4710 maximum damage and should if I'm correct outdo the heroic Stone Guards dagger.

It sounds very unlikely so I'm just going to assume I messed up my calculations somewhere. However if this is correct, literally any MoP green will beat the dagger.
    I'm assuming you meant main hands for combat, but yeah I doubt the 502 dagger is better than a blue. The blue 463 sword has a higher min and max damage, plus is normalized with a higher coefficient. Now sure the 502 has higher stats on the weapon, but that compared to multiplying by a far smaller coefficient won't even be close. Even if your slow mh option had a bit lower damage range than the 502 dagger, you are still almost definitely losing overall damage due to the coefficient being 40% lower with the dagger on all of your specials and mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    You simply deal with the rounds of adds, then in phase 2 make sure not to stand in the circles otherwise you'll likely die. When his guardians come out is a sort of soft enrage for you to burst him down. Be sure to use recuperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I'm assuming you meant main hands for combat, but yeah I doubt the 502 dagger is better than a blue. The blue 463 sword has a higher min and max damage, plus is normalized with a higher coefficient. Now sure the 502 has higher stats on the weapon, but that compared to multiplying by a far smaller coefficient won't even be close. Even if your slow mh option had a bit lower damage range than the 502 dagger, you are still almost definitely losing overall damage due to the coefficient being 40% lower with the dagger on all of your specials and mastery.
    As always I was being an idiot and didn't specify the main or offhand. Yes I did mean the mainhand.

Like I said I didn't do any calculations in MoP related to Combat Rogues for reasons, but simply looking back at Cataclysm and the legendary daggers and it should be quite obvious that for a dagger to beat a slow weapon the gap must be enormous. Long story short, if you want to play Combat anywhere just grab a random level appropriate slow weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was playing around doing this fight @ 85 in Cata, should be infinitely easier @ 90. I'm about 99% certain that the engineer cannot put the stun debuff on you if you have CloS active. So strat if you try to kill 'em all at once:

Pop CDs with about 0.5secs left before they become active, use CloS, the mage drops in seconds. Paladin, warrior, engineer after. I'm also certain that you can't be targeted by anything when you're under the effects of KS, so use that right as CloS ends to avoid any mishaps if the mage isn't dead.

Use a PvP trinket too! I do this fight every week on my monk and the PvP trinket makes the difference between a solid kill on an all-or-nothing pull or dying.

I've managed to do this fight as a Mut Rogue by only using Shuriken Toss. It isn't hard one bit at all, if you truly struggle on this fight then you need to look up on how to play instead of yelling at people when they try to help you. And don't say "I'm calling bullshit." because it is possible (and I'm only 492 iLvl).

I've been duoing this for more than aa year with a guildie and soloing this for several weeks(finally got my Ashes on Tuesday (1/1/2013 how's that for a New Year's gift?) Kill the four counselors first, no need to kite or drag em around. The only danger you face is the mage. Don't stand on her, wait for her to activate and cast a fireball, then run in and hammer her a few times and get your rupture up during the cast. The ticks should kill her before she even conflags you. For the weapons, run behind one of the pillars to either side of the platform to group them up, FoK/CT easily wipes them out. For fighting the four counselors at once I wait for the mage to start casting a fireball, hammer her with a couple of mutilates and put up a rupture. When she punts I cloak , sprint and kill her. Everything else is fairly straightforward. I like to kill the engineer second so I don't have to sacrifice prep/cloak. Kael is just a burn phase really. You might eat a disorient or two but nothing major.

I do this in my regular gear/spec(486 equipped, assassinaation) food, drums, fort scroll, and the crystal of insanity buff.

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dryden/simple
    Last edited by TWBrien; 2013-01-06 at 12:05 AM.

Got a combat spec now and I just BF KS them all down ^^

Thanks a lot for the help guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to the back of the room for all all 3 advisers, keep Capernican next to KT. Killing spree Capernican, should kill her. If not just use shuriken toss to finish her, rest of the right is easy.