Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry Terrible performance issues with 3570k and 670 plus other setups

Ok. I had a 2500k 4.5Ghz and 670 and in GW2 I was getting less FPS than people with crappier computers. For example, there's a city called Lions Arch and I got 20-35fps there. But people with worse setups than mine were getting 60+fps.
    So I went and bought a GTX 690 just because, and I got even worse performance with that then my 670.

So I returned the 690 and bought my current 670(MSI 670 PE) and the performance was better. But still not as good as crappier setups(laptop, 560ti, ect.)

Then I went all out and bought a brand new z77 motherboard and a 3570k(overclocked 4.1Ghz). I also reinstalled windows, But my performance IS EVEN WORSE THAN THE 2500k AND 670 SETUP(most likely due to lower cpu clock, but I was expecting something different). So that rules out CPU or motherboard problems.

AND, this performance problem isn't just in GW2. It's in WoW and BF3 also. Flying above Twilight Highlands I never reach 120fps, NEVER. Not with any of the setups I just mentioned. Same with other zones.

In BF3 I'm getting worse fps than reviewers had with the same setup as mine(even with the gtx 690).

I did everything right to optimize those setups I had(drivers, nvidia 3d settings,guides, overclocking, ect). I even asked here for advice.

TL;DR
    So to sum it up, I've tried every possible way to improve my performance in games(GTX 690, new CPU, new mobo, new power supply), yet It's still worse than others with worse setups than mine. I'm about to pull all the hair out of my head because I don't know what to do.

God bless you if you read this entire thing, lmao.

I just built my comp with the 3570k z77 extreme 3 mobo, 8 gigs ddr3 gtx 560ti, 128gb solid state drive and a 2tb hd and on wow I raid 25 man hardmodes and in very intense fights get 60-70 fps. I get 90-100fps in org. This is on maxed settings. I dont know the rest of ur build, pretty sure the people on here are going to ask for u to post your whole build. You must have something wrong, with that processor mobo and video card you shouldnt be having any problems. Good luck with ur problem
    Last edited by maddrussian; 2012-12-30 at 05:57 PM.

Look, no one told you to buy a new CPU. Your old i5 2500k was more than capable of GW2. I think you need to just face the fact that GW2 is not really optimized. The game will never run at a stable 60FPS at all times. I know my i5 2500k @4.5ghz and GTX 590 wasn't getting nearly the performance It should've. Also, can you list your ENTIRE setup?
    Last edited by Nab; 2012-12-30 at 05:56 PM.
    Playing since 2007.

Good computer does not equal good performance, such is life for the PC gamer. Code does not magically run more efficiently because you have a better system, unfortunately, and code that is fundamentally not well optimized will struggle to run, not due to a lack of processing power, but due to the speed at which the program itself operates.

Take WoW's UI for example; it runs slow and sluggish at times even on absolute monster computers. Why? Because it runs slowly, it just does, no matter the processing power available.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

My computer setup right now is:
    Intel 3570k 4.1Ghz
    Asus ASUS P8Z77-V LE
    Muskin 8g 1600 ram
    Seasonic 850w power supply
    Hyper 212 CPU fan
    MSI GTX 670 PE

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    What HDD do you have the game installed on?
    Intel 180g SSD

What drivers are you running with your GTX 670? I've personally found the 310.70 (non WHQL) to work the best for me, and I play WoW, GW2, Skyrim and BF3. I presume you've also set your power management to 'Prefer Maximum Peformance' in the global settings in your NVIDIA Control Panel as well, right?

Also, have you tried tweaking some of the in-game graphics settings? Have you could try disabling vysnc as well just to see if that makes any diff?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, you're getting fooled my friend

You hear from the people with i5 2500k and their 560 ti getting 60 fps all over the place.. It's a huge lie, don't believe them. I just recently heard one with i5 2500k and a 560 ti say he got 60 fps in 25 man raids. haha, was funny

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    What drivers are you running with your GTX 670? I've personally found the 310.70 (non WHQL) to work the best for me, and I play WoW, GW2, Skyrim and BF3. I presume you've also set your power management to 'Prefer Maximum Peformance' in the global settings in your NVIDIA Control Panel as well, right?

Also, have you tried tweaking some of the in-game graphics settings? Have you could try disabling vysnc as well just to see if that makes any diff?
    My drivers are the latest and always are(310.70). Power management is always on maximum performance. In game graphics are tweaked also. And even with everything on low, in LA the fps is still the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Haha, you're getting fooled my friend

You hear from the people with i5 2500k and their 560 ti getting 60 fps all over the place.. It's a huge lie, don't believe them. I just recently heard one with i5 2500k and a 560 ti say he got 60 fps in 25 man raids. haha, was funny
    They can, just not at complete maximum settings :P

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    My drivers are the latest and always are(310.70). Power management is always on maximum performance. In game graphics are tweaked also. And even with everything on low, in LA the fps is still the same.
    Hmm, that sounds really weird. How are your CPU and GPU temps in-game, btw? I doubt something could be overheating, but lets just rule that out completely, first. Can you tell us what resolution you play at, too?

Just another thought - is your SSD plugged into the Intel SATA6G port, and not the Marvell ones? This can vary with each motherboard, but it's usually the white one, not the blue. Have you tried using a different SATA cable (that came with the mobo) just to test if it makes any diff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your solution to everything is: Buy a new one? That seems like a rather expensive and ineffective way of troubleshooting. Did you even install afterburner/gpu-z to check the GPU load? I dont read it, and yet you figured the CPU was the bottleneck. On what assumption?

My tip: Get some proper utilities, install all latest drivers, dont force settings via the nvidia panel, and then check with those utilities what the issue is.

Utilities like CPU-Z, GPU-Z, MSI Afterburner, Realtemp.

I dont know buddy, I have a I5 3570k @ 4.7ghz and a ASUS GTX 670 4gb edition and run BF3 at 132 fps and I dont play GW2 but in WOW 25m raid at like 60-75 fps and in org on friday night at 110 fps. So something is reallllllllly screwed up in your system. Just sounds like something is bottlenecking your ass lol. I dont know what, or why or if something is completly not compatable with something. im sorry buddy, i know how much that would piss me off

i have a i5 3570k and 660 gtx card with 16gb ram and run GW2 on full settings apart from keeping shadows medium with 60 fps plus, in wow i run over 100 fps and 60 plus in cities, it just looks like you need to fine tune your system so it runs like it should.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    They can, just not at complete maximum settings :P
    Nope unless they run low resolution, medium graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Nope unless they run low resolution, medium graphics.
    Thank you for basically repeating what I said What you said agreed with me, yet you said "nope" lol... herp derp right there. I did it with a mix of high and medium settings at 1920x1080 resolution on an i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz and a 560 Ti.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2012-12-30 at 06:40 PM.

My GPU and CPU are always at full load(or whatever load the game actually uses). And my temps are low. CPU temps are always under 50c and GPU temps are never above 60c.

So yeah, I have no clue what to do here. Like I said I've tried almost everything to solve this. If the problem isn't something to due with any of my PC parts, then I'm clueless as hell here.

I just saw you stated you were getting low FPS in BF3? What is your average FPS on Ultra in BF3?
    Playing since 2007.

Well since pretty much everything has been said already, have you tested your memory? I know it's probably not it but it might be worth doing a MEMTEST on your memory. Try running Prime95 too, it both test your CPU and RAM, make sure it's stable.

Also, do you have an hard drive? (not an SSD), if yes, copy the game on the HDD and try running it from there to see how it does. I know it's probably not the issue but since you've done all the obvious...why not?

One last thing, go into Task Manager to see if there's something taking all your CPU and or memory other than the games you're running like a resource intensive Anti-Virus for example.
    Last edited by Warrax; 2012-12-30 at 07:07 PM.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter