Thread: No Hope for PvP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

No Hope for PvP

When I used to play WoW, I would always try to be 50/50 in both PvE and PvP... What really made me enjoy PvP or more specifically arena... was that it allowed me to get a full understanding of not only my class, but every class in the game... I knew all CD's... I knew that I could pop a 30 second CD and make them pop a 2 minute CD. I feel like you can't hold this knowledge unless you play PvP... PvE is too easy and friendly... Before I got heavily into PvP... all i knew about my class was the 5 button rotation and moving left or right out of fire.

That's not important though... but what is, is the fact that PvP receives little to no attention when it's more messed up than it has ever been. I had to quit after cataclysm because it truly showed that blizzard doesn't care about PvP... it wasn't even 2 weeks before blizzard fixed issues regarding LFR... but PvP had to endure a whole season and more of MMR glitching? The problem is... Blizzard for some reason won't fix the issues... or atleast make them a higher priority.

This doesn't so much grind my gears... but after reading the most recent blue post and reading the PvP section... Mt. Everest???? Are you kidding me? In what shape or form does that have to do anything with PvP? THERE ARE ISSUES WITH PVP... and CG is answering questions about irrelevant things in the game. It wasn't even one post either... about 4 questions related to it.

Why does blizzard even bother to upkeep PvP in the game when their actions show that they care little to nothing if something happens to PvP?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

PvP is a joke atm. Burst and CC are completely out of control. I can't say they don't care at all though, at least their fixing blood fear!

Deleted
    PvP stopped requiring skills and knowledge in WOTLK imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    PvP is a joke atm. Burst and CC are completely out of control. I can't say they don't care at all though, at least their fixing blood fear!
    Umm, they are not fixing it, they are just changing it from something overpowered to something stupidly underpowered.

Deleted
    you guys must need glasses if you havent seen and noted all the massive pvp fixes and changes they done so far in the expansion and how they are pushing in world pvp as an option in your normal dayli quests run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    you guys must need glasses if you havent seen and noted all the massive pvp fixes and changes they done so far in the expansion and how they are pushing in world pvp as an option in your normal dayli quests run.
    Yes, they fix something by breaking something else...

I enjoy getting chain CC'ed an killed in 2 global's. You sir are silly for not.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Deleted
    PvP has always been broken. It's just a lot worse now.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Umm, they are not fixing it, they are just changing it from something overpowered to something stupidly underpowered.
    Yea.. Fixing.. This is the blizzard way. It's like.. they have 8/y children on PCP test this shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    Yea.. Fixing.. This is the blizzard way. It's like.. they have 8/y children on PCP test this shit.
    I remember whining about how overpowered Warrior/Druid and Priest/Mage/Rogue were back in BC (just like everyone else at the time). Funny we didn't realize how good we had it then. That level of balance seems like a complete fantasy now.

Blizz should know better than to give players everything they ask for, but they went ahead and gave every class more interrupts, CCs and stuns anyway. It's like playing a first person shooter on a server with zero gravity, 10x speed and instagib because some 12 year old admin tweaked all the settings. Sounds fun on paper, but it's a disaster in reality.

I'd pay double the normal monthly sub if we could revert everything to Burning Crusade.
    Last edited by konway; 2013-01-03 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post
    I remember whining about how overpowered Warrior/Druid and Priest/Mage/Rogue were back in BC (just like everyone else at the time). Funny we didn't realize how good we had it then. That level of balance seems like a complete fantasy now.

Blizz should know better than to give players everything they ask for, but they went ahead and gave every class more interrupts, CCs and stuns anyway. It's like playing a first person shooter on a server with zero gravity, 10x speed and instagib because some 12 year old admin tweaked all the settings. Sounds fun on paper, but it's a disaster in reality.

I'd pay double the normal monthly sub if we could revert everything to Burning Crusade.
    Its just too much shit in the game.
    Too much cc, to much snares, too much interrupts, silences, disarms, roots, aoes, damage, healing.

In tbc we had only a few specs that could compete, but at least the competition btw said specs were fun

Please don't rag on bloodfear... geeze.

Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post

Amen. Even that paying double part, sign me up.

Deleted
    @ Dercaderca. Instead of being happy about blood fear being nerfed, get some skills and interupt casts. I really don't get you people, few warlocks are doing well in arena brackets atm. Warlock pvp is in a bad position and (especially for destro's) blood fear was all we had ( which wasn't alot because it's being dispelled/fearward/berserk/tremor, etc...)
    if you can't beat a destro lock in a duel then you're just kinda bad, no offence.
    Last edited by mmoc8ea25e0818; 2013-01-03 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    @ Dercaderca. Instead of being happy about blood fear being nerfed, get some skills and interupt casts. I really don't get you people, few warlocks are doing well in arena brackets atm. Warlock pvp is in a bad position and (especially for destro's) blood fear was all we had ( which wasn't alot because it's being dispelled/fearward/berserk/tremor, etc...)
    if you can't beat a destro lock in a duel then you're just kinda bad, no offence.
    If you are citing duels in a pvp balance discussion, you are just kind of bad. No offense.

Deleted
    They should get help from Multi Rank 1 players when they balance PvP imo.

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    @ Dercaderca. Instead of being happy about blood fear being nerfed, get some skills and interupt casts
    Blood fear is an instant cast. It'd take some damn serious skills to interrupt that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by j0a View Post
    Agreed with this. Multi glads know so much better what's going on than the developers. They balance their stuff about how they think it is, not how it actually is.
    It's easy seen when you compare a 1.5k rated player with a 2.7k rated one. One will say something is overpowered, while the other will say it's perfectly fine because people know how to counter it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    If you are citing duels in a pvp balance discussion, you are just kind of bad. No offense.
    Hey! A FC. Bloodfear
    Hey! A stealth class. Bloodfear
    Hey! A Healer. Bloodfear
    Hey! A Ranged Class casting [insert heal/cc/nuke here]. Bloodfear
    Hey! A (anything). Bloodfear

/ Troll face

Bloodfear was stupid, an instant cast CC that needs a random amont of damage to break that can be applied again in 10 secs so you can be running around like a tard screaming while your FC, teammate, healer gets bursted down needs to go.

Stuns do the same thing but at least they have a longer CD and dont have you flying in god know what direction, up what hill and around the damn corner just because a troll flashed her boobs at you.

Normal fear has a cost, cast time, time spent. You can be stopped, you cant do anything else, the target can get out of range, LOS or have time to pop a CD. With bloodfear, you get all the pros with none of the cons. 10% of your health is nothing compared to the amount of uses Bloodfear has.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by j0a View Post
    No

That would mean they would know everything about every class and would hit Rank one again and again.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Hey! A FC. Bloodfear
    Hey! A stealth class. Bloodfear
    Hey! A Healer. Bloodfear
    Hey! A Ranged Class casting [insert heal/cc/nuke here]. Bloodfear
    Hey! A (anything). Bloodfear

/ Troll face

Bloodfear was stupid, an instant cast CC that needs a random amont of damage to break that can be applied again in 10 secs so you can be running around like a tard screaming while your FC, teammate, healer gets bursted down needs to go.

Stuns do the same thing but at least they have a longer CD and dont have you flying in god know what direction, up what hill and around the damn corner just because a troll flashed her boobs at you.

Normal fear has a cost, cast time, time spent. You can be stopped, you cant do anything else, the target can get out of range, LOS or have time to pop a CD. With bloodfear, you get all the pros with none of the cons. 10% of your health is nothing compared to the amount of uses Bloodfear has.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 01:35 PM ----------

No

That would mean they would know everything about every class and would hit Rank one again and again.
    Easy easy easy... I wasn't defending Blood Fear. I was simply saying that using duels in a PvP balance discussion is folly. Nothing more, nothing less. Try not reading too much into stuff next time, hmm?