Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

5.2 PTR and Transmog

Hiya!

I don't have the PTR client, but I'm really interested in whether or not the transmogrification rules have changed as they said they would. Could somebody confirm if you can transmog an one-handed sword to a one-handed mace, and main-hand->one-hand. Thanks

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, 1H mace to 1H sword and vice versa certainly works, 2H sword to 2H mace and vice versa also works. So I'd imagine axes also work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
    Yep, 1H mace to 1H sword and vice versa certainly works, 2H sword to 2H mace and vice versa also works. So I'd imagine axes also work.
    Don't suppose they've also got the "disable enchant visual efffects" option yet, that they've said they were working on since Transmog was first introduced? :
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
    Amazing! Thanks man

10+ Year Old Account
    Does fist to sword work?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't find anything for that (enchant fx) - and I don't recall seeing any strings for it. Could only try the weapons I have/can use, can't try fist weapons - sure someone else will though. Although they said items with the same animations, so "probably not"(?)

I could not make a polearm to a staff ( as they said would prob. be possible.)

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Does fist to sword work?
    I doubt it, since you dont have the same animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Does fist to sword work?
    I think it only works for weapon types with the same animations.

Another thing: did main-hand to one-hand work? Of the same type of weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectionize View Post
    Another thing: did main-hand to one-hand work? Of the same type of weapon.
    They made all caster weapons one-hand, so those work now.

Main-Hand/Off-Hand to One-Hand still doesn't work, I tried mogging my old Warblade of the Hakkari(s) from original ZG as they were still Main-Hand and Off-Hand and they would not let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    Are you a Druid or a Monk? Remember you still have to be able to equip both items in order to be allowed to transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by MagmyGeraith View Post
    They made all caster weapons one-hand, so those work now.

Main-Hand/Off-Hand to One-Hand still doesn't work, I tried mogging my old Warblade of the Hakkari(s) from original ZG as they were still Main-Hand and Off-Hand and they would not let me.
    Damn, if I remember correctly they said they'd do that. We'll have to wait and see, very little official information on the matter so far. Didn't see it in the patch notes even.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Are you a Druid or a Monk? Remember you still have to be able to equip both items in order to be allowed to transmog.
    I'm a monk.
    And both Druids and monks can use polearms and staves.

Thank you based Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    Since they don't use the same animation. Spears use the 2HLarge animation while staves are the 2H animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Since they don't use the same animation. Spears use the 2HLarge animation while staves are the 2H animation.
    They don't? That's ... well ... don't know the difference but i guess it's there.
    But didn't a blue post say that they might become possible aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Unless it's different for monks, staves DO use the 2H long animation.

I think one of the Devs was having a little too much fun with transmogging "at the source." Contains sexy monk abs.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Unless it's different for monks, staves DO use the 2H long animation.
    Monks don't use weapons in their auto-attacks, so that's a non-starter.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-01-03 at 01:25 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Monks don't use weapons in their auto-attacks, so that's a non-starter.
    They do use it for Jab though (unglyphed), so the animation would still be a factor. (And as far as I know it still uses the standard staff animations.)