Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I want someone to go there with a giant sign which has "FUCK YOU ARE STUPID" written in large letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That seems implausible. Even $.10 books aren't going to give you much in the way of BTU/dollar, you'd be better off chopping some wood.

I guess this could happen.
    Or you could knock over a Jewelery store and get some Joules for free.

Neither video games, nor guns are at fault here. I have both violent video games and a few of those scary guns that people like to call "assault weapons." Neither of them have influenced me nor anyone who has come in contact with me to go crazy. This is all the fault of inadequate support to an obviously unstable person. Makes me wonder why you don't see more public outcry for an over-haul of the mental healthcare system. They're actually closing down the facility in my area that's used to house the insane and they're being lumped into the same facility with the mentally handicapped. That place isn't even properly equipped to house said people either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Well, this just had to happen didn't it? In reaction to the school shooting in Connecticut, some organization is holding a "book burning" for violent video games, music and movies. Hell, they even offer gift certificates to people who bring them in, what the hell.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/2/3828...-violent-video
    I didn't read it but just tell me if it was a local pastor leading the charge?

And did the kids all have to sneak off to another town to dance?

Now I gotta cut loose....
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Or you could knock over a Jewelery store and get some Joules for free.
    Thanks for that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn.... If I lived in Connecticut I would go there and just loot all of the video games and such before they got to burn them.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Quickly, grab your pitchforks and torches! Some witch has been seen near the hill!
    I saw her walking near the lake earlier, her footprints weren't as deep as the ducks!
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Shh, talking like that about religion is forbidden, someone might get offended their imaginary friend is mis-spoken about.
    Religion has also helped many people. It's just silly to speak only ill of something while completely ignoring the good. It boils down to people caring too much about what other people believe.

Violent video game have less use than a gun in todays society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Meanwhile, people are encouraged to get even more guns. Maybe they should set fire to those instead.

I hope they choke on the fumes.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people. If someone wants someone dead, they'd do it regardless of having a gun. $1000 says if just ONE person in that school had a gun, haft or even 3/4 of the people killed would still be alive today. But since it was kids that were killed, people go into a blind rage and completely ignore the main reason we have guns in the first place. FOR PROTECTION.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post

You mean like entertainment compared to the rare but sure to happen killing sprees?

Sounds like a good way to get rid of some old games people don't play anymore to me, right after I have sex with a hooker, kill her for my money back, then run over her body and beat her with a bat, be back later!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's ok to burn the video games but not the holy scared divine guns. *Sighs*
    "it's not the fault of the inanimate object I like it's the fault of the inanimate object I don't like"
    Last edited by stabetha; 2013-01-03 at 01:14 AM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people. If someone wants someone dead, they'd do it regardless of having a gun. $1000 says if just ONE person in that school had a gun, haft or even 3/4 of the people killed would still be alive today. But since it was kids that were killed, people go into a blind rage and completely ignore the main reason we have guns in the first place. FOR PROTECTION.
    I know that guns don't kill people. But an insane man who gets his hand on a gun does more damage than an insane man who gets his hand on a video game or a chocolate bar. I doubt you need automatic guns to defend yourself.

$1000 says if nobody had a gun, only one or two people would've died.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-01-03 at 01:16 AM.

hahaha, talk about ignorant stupid people

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Yes, like WoW

i propose that cosplayers around the world dress up as characters from violent video games movies and tv shows and attend said burning and rp O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    I know that guns don't kill people. But an insane man who gets his hand on a gun does more damage than an insane man who gets his hand on a video game or a chocolate bar. I doubt you need automatic guns to defend yourself.
    An insane man with a car will do more damage with the car than the gun, especially if he's in a metropolitan area. What would happen if you plowed though a crosswalk at say, 8 AM in New York City? There's a pretty good chance that you'd kill a similar number of people, or more if you're using a large vehicle like an F-250 or similar. It's not the gun's fault, nor is it the availability of them. He obtained his weapons illegally. It's purely the fault of an inadequate system. Even then, none of the weapons he used were automatic. Automatic weapons are incredibly expensive for the average person and there's a pretty hefty amount of red tape you have to go through to obtain one legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That seems implausible. Even $.10 books aren't going to give you much in the way of BTU/dollar, you'd be better off chopping some wood.

I guess this could happen.
    Books are pretty much wooden blocks about half their size. I'm talking about pretty big books here. As for chopping wood, you need wood in order to chop it. Some places have cheap firewood, others are pretty expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Acessability. That's how I feel on the matter of Gun control.

THAT IS ALL
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi