Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

A confession and an apology to LoL players

Well where do I start, ok, some time ago while I was still playing WoW, a few friends of mine got into Moba games, LoL amongst them, and as usual with these things, I was persuaded to join them.

They picked up the game pretty fast and became relatively good, I on the other hand, found the entire concept alien, and hadn't played anything like it before, and, well, I really sucked at it. I had no idea what I was doing, I hated the community, and after several bad experiences, I began to view all moba players with the same sense of distaste. I viewed you all as narrow minded arrogant people, and as I saw my friends change their attitudes into more agressive competetive ones, I began to view the entire game as being bad, and often spoke out against it quite vocally, and it some cases unfairly.

Well, after being bored over the last few weeks, I decided to reinstall LoL, and play some games against Bots, I developed a better understanding of the game ( I still suck, only not as much as before) and eventually did a couple matches with players, where I began to see that not everyone was the same.

So really what I want to say is, I was wrong to judge the entire game on a few bad experiences, I've started to see it for what it really can be, and although I can't apologise to the people I'd really like to (they may never read this), I can to anybody who may have met someone like me before.

I'm sorry I talked bad of the game and thought of the players badly, and I hope anybody who reads this who may share feelings similar to the ones I did will re think what really is bothering them and not lash out against the game itself and its players!

Sincerely

Vellerix

the same happen to me...
    i played with some friend in the s1 i think my friends been playing it like 1 month before me... so

i just got playing like 1 week and uninstalled it..
    then some time later i start playing it with other friends new to the game too and men... everything was SO FUN
    we were just having some fun time in raidcall... it doesnt matter if we lose or some one got killed we were laughing and laughing and we started to be a better players...
    and in the game there is a lot of diferent people some guys are really nice helpfull and undestanding
    sry for my bad english
    gg

i know the feeling, i tried lol when it was in beta, and as much as i tried i hated it. uninstalled it and didnt think about going back, then a friend got me to try dota 2, i fell in love with dota, im not the best but i wouldnt say im bad either, since i liked dota i figured id go back and give lol a try, still hate it(no lol bashing, i just prefer dota) but i can now see why people do like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Knowing Blizz, the graphic settings will be able to be tuned down to play on a microwave oven.

Remember that feeling bro, you will need it when you play ranked in the near future.

Don't get me wrong, in my opinion the majority of people you'll come across are total cunts.. but it's worth taking that 3 seconds at the beginning of every game to ignore everyone in it until you decide to start playing ranked.

Eventually you'll like everyone purely because they don't talk!

Also, happy new years!

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Deleted
    Happy new year to everyone!! No need to apologise dude. I was quite high ranked arena player in WoW and when a friend of mine asked me to try LoL, I hated it! I found the game pace too slow and boring and said that WoW's arena was faster, better and higher skill cap'ed than LoL. Six months later, I have retired from WoW's competitive high rated arena and I am enjoying myself playing LoL.

I want to make a confession. First time I played LoL and hated instadly, was because I was rofl stomped by a Ryze while I was playing Rammus mid.

Now I know what went wrong....Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. :P

When I first started playing League of Legends I honestly despised it. I didn't like that I couldn't understand the game easily, I couldn't get a hold on it and nothing is more frustrating than that to me. I didn't pick it up again until a year later, and now today I play at least 5 games a day and it's my favorite game now. I think a majority of us can relate. We understand ♥

My first experience with LoL was back when Swain was released. I played Ryze as my first champion. I didn't understand much of the game, but all my friends were playing it back then. Even though i didn't understand shit from it, something kept me playing the game. I mean, i thought that "ss" or "miss" meant that Ashe missed her ult, that's how clueless i was. Anyways, after learning some and playing for a loong time, i decided to take a brake from the game July 2012. Not that i was bored of the game, but just because i hated the community. If i didn't pick a champion essential for that lane in a normal game, i would be called a noob and a troll, deserving a report, even if i dominated that role with that champion. I have started playing again now in Desember as Vi really caught my interest.

Deleted
    Luckily I played DotA before I tested the LoL beta so I was used to this kind of behaviour and gameplay of course, still I can imagine how much that sour community must taste the first time playing the game.

Just ignore all the idiots and try to improve. Oh and of course... dont play DotA2 if you dont want to be insulted the whole day (well mostly the whole day)

Deleted
    As nice as your apology is, I reject it.

You are a scoundrel and a ruffian, and I bid you good day, sir.

<3

Deleted
    With every game I play I become more convinced that LoL has the shittiest and handicapped community out of all games. Maybe it's just my luck if I get a friendly/decent team once every 6th-7th game I'm lucky. Maybe this is only at level 30, but everyone thinks he is the best out there. Any advice is an attack at their perfect gamestyle. Any observation that has the word "you" in it, like, "you need to farm more, Ezreal" will receive as reply insults and curses for the next 7 generations of your family. Just wait until you get to level 30. You won't be sorry anymore.

EDIT: This comes from someone who has ventured deep into the depths of ELO hell and managed to escape. I shit you not, I read Dante's Inferno and the resemblance between the levels of hell and LoL is mind blowing.
    Last edited by mmocd1aef6a4d3; 2013-01-02 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    With every game I play I become more convinced that LoL has the shittiest and handicapped community out of all games. Maybe it's just my luck if I get a friendly/decent team once every 6th-7th game I'm lucky. Maybe this is only at level 30, but everyone thinks he is the best out there. Any advice is an attack at their perfect gamestyle. Any observation that has the word "you" in it, like, "you need to farm more, Ezreal" will receive as reply insults and curses for the next 7 generations of your family. Just wait until you get to level 30. You won't be sorry anymore.

EDIT: This comes from someone who has ventured deep into the depths of ELO hell and managed to escape. I shit you not, I read Dante's Inferno and the resemblance between the levels of hell and LoL is mind blowing.
    Or you just get better and get out of that ELO area. Seriously, the people there are so bad you can actually carry them on your own. That's how bad they are. I know because I was there at one point, I played a lot, read a lot, and learned a lot and stop blaming my team. Life lesson really.
    Hey everyone

Oh please. LoL comminity is rotten all the way up to the highest elos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    As nice as your apology is, I reject it.

You are a scoundrel and a ruffian, and I bid you good day, sir.

<3
    I lol'ed. /10chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Exactly this, no matter where you go in ELO you will always get bitchy people. My brother complains about how he is in ELO hell at 1450 ELO and he's still rising (he's a pretty nice AD carry mechanically) considering he plays well and doesn't spend time wasting his time raging in chat. Part of the reason people do badly is because they rage in chat, my brother just rages in real life (fuck it's annoyingly loud too). ELO hell is a mindset, not an area. ELO hell could be one game but not the next.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Sad but true.
    Dropped cuz of stinkin week ban wave about the 0.2% so called "toxic" behaviour (Y, true, hence reporting insulters and feeders is TOXIC in their opinion).
    Waiting for Dota 2 (final release).

Deleted
    The worst awful players are those who don't realize how toxic they are, Sir Bloodfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Sad but true.
    Dropped cuz of stinkin week ban wave about the 0.2% so called "toxic" behaviour (Y, true, hence reporting insulters and feeders is TOXIC in their opinion).
    Waiting for Dota 2 (final release).
    I lol'ed. If you got banned in that one, you deserved it.

Deleted
    The community in LoL is pretty bad yes, but once you get some actual nice friends ingame (Or those people you played WoW with) You'll have a better time than you already do. Alot of people are assholes yes, but once you get to know some nice guys it's much more fun than playing alone with random people you don't know. (Like every game?)

I've also played DotA2 but I haven't had quite an amusing experience so far, most people have no clue what they're doing, and nobody says ANYTHING in chat other than "Missing mid" "Midding bottom" etcetera. Unless it's for insulting someone ofcourse. It might be better at higher levels but I'm not quite motivated to level up. My guess is that LoL community is either equally as bad as the Dota2 one, or a little bit worse.

Deleted
    It is quite understandable why the Moba players act the way they do.

bad players not only hinder YOU, they also help the enemy.
    In other games a bad player is merely a nuissance, here they are devastating and an insurmountable obstacle.

I'd be mad if some noob ruined a game that I could have won just because he couldnt be bothered to practice first.