Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Okey, so people start complaining at me reading too much into the tweets.

You're basically not getting it. They want you to grind the content as much as possible, then they're willing to give more content. I can't understand how I am reading it too much.

Let's face it - over half of their designers are doing other stuff, such as creating other games. I just can't blieve that you actually think, it's fine, let them tell us to grind.
    This game has ALWAYS been a grind. We grind Rep, we grind for gear, we farm for mounts and gold, we grind to 90 and then grind to raid. From Blizz's standpoint, nothing has changed. If they let all the speeders just FLY through the content, they would just unsub 4 months at a time until the new content released. Then rush for another 7-10 days to beat the new stuff and unsub again.

In the past, there has ALWAYS been a 2-4 month span between content releases. In cata's case, more like 14 months lol. Hyperbole aside, people need to just deal with the fact that at least half (most likely 3/4) of the player base is very casual in their playstyle and are barely scratching the surface of 5.05, let alone shouting for 5.2. Finishing fastest just means you will get bored. Not our concern. We are moving at regular speed and doing just fine

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    We were promised faster patching inn Cataclysme. And I think we all know what that got us...
    Unless I am mistaken, their definition of "faster patching" meant that it would occur seamlessly and in the background as to avoid as much downtime as possible. Not faster patch releases. They delivered with the seamless content since the switch from MoP to Cata was 99% without flaw. When midnight hit and monks unlocked, there was no down time, no patching, no 20gb installs. You just went to the login screen and did your thing. I can't think of another MMO that adding a full expansion did not at least wreak a little havoc.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aww I wish I'd paid more attention in economics so I knew the name....

But anyway, there's only so fast Blizz can churn out content. Even with 2 seperate patch teams (5.2 was in development at the same time 5.1 was) they can only seem to get it to a low of 4 months between tiers. More often sitting about 5-6 months.

If players consumed all content in a month, there'd be 3-5 months they'd have nothing to do.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    P.S. Leveling through TBC dungeons is one of the most boring parts of creating a new toon, FWIW.
    Dungeons were never intended to be the leveling experience. They were originally designed as the "finale" to the zone you were in. It would give you some gold and upgraded loot, but dungeons were never meant to replace questing. I do a dungeon once for the quest and achieve and back to questing I go. I made close to 2K gold just doing my Kalimdor Loremaster questing. People who level through dungeons are the biggest grinders of them all. It's no wonder by the time they get to dailies they are burnt from having to do the same thing over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think it is unfair to blame the player base for the removal of group quests, if you leveled at the start of TBC there was absolutely no problem finding a group it was only after initial rush was over that it became difficult to find groups to complete them. The players cannot be blamed that after reaching max level there is no need for them to venture out into the world.

Questing is almost the same as it was before the old world was redone, 90% of the quests are exactly the same as they were before. Whilst prior to Cata there was not much consistency in the story it is still just as bad, you have quests that tell the story of Illidan's demise only to enter the Outlands where he he is still alive and kicking, the same with the Lich King and Deathwing. The expansions being set in different time period is a poor excuse for the jumbled plot and makes for a confusing journey for a new player.
    You misunderstood me. I did not blame the players for anything. I was simply stating that the players (not Blizzard) made it so that group questing died. End game is just much more fun than questing for a majority of people. If Blizz brought back group quests with elite mobs that could not be solo'd.....those quests would get ignored - just like the latter half of TBC (i.e. once a large portion of folks reached max level for the first time).

As for quest quality - there are a ton of quests in Pandaria that are not at all like anything from before the old world was redone. Anyone who has actually completed entire zones in Pandaria and also played back in vanilla/TBC would easily recognize this difference. And I was talking about actual quest quality, and not the transition between expansions (I agree that the plot jumps between expansions is quite confusing and totally disjointed).

That being said, even with all the changes, they have done nothing to make questing anything more than a hurdle to get to end game. Yeah, it is a bit more fun of a hurdle relative to before. It's still a hurdle though. imho - the whole idea of leveling needs to be looked at from a larger scale. The playerbase has shifted from a bunch of newer players to a bunch of experienced players. The current leveling concept does not address this change, and is not designed with this in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    If Blizz brought back group quests with elite mobs that could not be solo'd.....those quests would get ignored - just like the latter half of TBC (i.e. once a large portion of folks reached max level for the first time).
    They are kinda trying now. The rare spawns that sometimes require more than one person, or in 5.2 the small wandering group of troll that the patch notes claim will require a small group of people to conquer. They are trying to find ways to get people back in the habbit of grouping and working together. It was the same with dailies. Solo, they are boring and take awhile. With 2 friends, loads of fun and done in 30 mins

Its' been said plenty.

OP, you're an idiot. What he said and what you claimed he said are two different things.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-04 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, their definition of "faster patching" meant that it would occur seamlessly and in the background as to avoid as much downtime as possible. Not faster patch releases. They delivered with the seamless content since the switch from MoP to Cata was 99% without flaw. When midnight hit and monks unlocked, there was no down time, no patching, no 20gb installs. You just went to the login screen and did your thing. I can't think of another MMO that adding a full expansion did not at least wreak a little havoc.
    Yea, you're right on all what you said there.

However I would still classify there wording as they promised us faster patching, something they didn't keep up to at all, since once Firelands was delayed to 4.2 it was obvious the dew-team went and focused on other things (Titan we can hope).
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    @StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

This is a reply from GC on twitter.

So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

Thoughts on this?
    Your title couldn't be MORE WRONG :/ That's absolutely not what he is saying...

What he means is (just as he says it): If people get overpowered, they'll steamroll through the content in no time and then there's nothing for them to do anymore UNTILL the next content patch. How hard can it be to understand that? Where do you see him saying they "cba to making new content" ? My hands just aren't big enough for the /facepalm you deserve.

Deleted
    ridiculous thread. the tweet only says that its simply impossibile to provide content at the pace on which the players consume it, where's the news.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this has gone on long enough. Besides a misleading title, the OP left and insults are being handed out while it all goes in circles.