Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    @StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

This is a reply from GC on twitter.

So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

Thoughts on this?
    Congratulations! YOU are the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove me that, how would you know what's happening at Blizzard? T
    And how do you?

Deleted
    GC should stop writing on twitter lol. It's totally unprofessional. Still amazed how they havent booted this guy.

Blizzard consists of humans who require time to produce content. WoW includes mechanics to make existing content last longer.

This is groundbreaking, earthshattering news.

i think blizz should just pump out 5 raids half assed with like 10 bosses in each and let everyone bitch that theres too much content and its not well done enough

Okey, so people start complaining at me reading too much into the tweets.

You're basically not getting it. They want you to grind the content as much as possible, then they're willing to give more content. I can't understand how I am reading it too much.

Let's face it - over half of their designers are doing other stuff, such as creating other games. I just can't blieve that you actually think, it's fine, let them tell us to grind.
    What?

The entire game is based on grinding. Its not a korean MMO where you just grind mobs, but you grind everything. How fast you grind stuff makes how fast you consume content.

You grind quests to level, the faster you do it, the faster you level, then you reach level cap! Next you grind heroics/dailies to get gear, when you are geared out, you grind one raid till you can grind the next raid, till there is no more raids to grind.

Grind, grind, grind, pick daisies, grind.

Thats all there is to do in this game, period. You grind pet battles to make your pets stronger to grind higher level pets to make your other pets stronger and capture them all. You grind quests/mobs/auction house, to be super rich.

Its all one big grind, and maybe not everyone is as fast as you. Some people play 6-10 hours a week at absolute most, and thats actually a lot, they grind at a slower pace. Guess what, thats a HUGE majority of players, but the ones that whine the most are the ones that do it in 2 weeks.

So yes, they want you to grind, but thats the whole damn point of the game. Grind numbers so your numbers become bigger so you can defeat more numbers, to get stronger... etc etc (paraphrased from my favorite internet show Zero Punctuation)

You can't complain about the grind when thats the whole point of the game! The fact you grinded and consumed all the content is not our problem. Slow Down.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    So...you'd rather them NOT gate content and just dump everything on us so you can complain you having nothing to do a month or two after a patch?
    That's not the case if they add new content more frequently. I'm not saying to stop gating, just fix it. I just cba sitting on my alts in blue pvp gear with a pve weapon fighting people with full epic.

What I get from it is that if they allowed us to run a raid once and get BiS gear, they would need a new raid every day which is impossible. So they balance the gearing (and grinding) to content ratio. The hard part is maintaining this balance as the elite will clear stuff super fast while the not so elite will be struggling to kill the first boss.

People consume content faster than they can produce it so they have to introduce this sort of RNG to gate things. What else is new?
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    Blizzard consists of humans who require time to produce content. WoW includes mechanics to make existing content last longer.

This is groundbreaking, earthshattering news.
    Yeah, but u dont say that if you're a representative of company

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    And how do you?
    Gating system, explains more than enough.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 04:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    People consume content faster than they can produce it so they have to introduce this sort of RNG to gate things. What else is new?
    I don't mind RNG. What I mind is that they're not adding anything to the game. They threw in 3 raids and that's it. Expecting us to clear all of them, then go heroic, which is basically the same just a bit harder. But it's no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    @StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

This is a reply from GC on twitter.

So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

Thoughts on this?
    oh for god sa... You read FAR to much into this and came to the worst possible outcome.

What he was saying is if you do to much to quickly, then your have nothing left to do.

If you eat all the christmas food to quickly, then your have nothing left after a few weeks.

This example was about spreading out the content for the players over time, NOT that they were could not be bothered with it. They give enough content as it is.

Honestly can someone change the title of this thread.
    #boycottchina

Um...blizzard has said they have teams for each title, watch dev interviews. Some of them go cross-games but for the majority, they stick to what they're used to.

Why not? That's been their model for over eight years now. Release content, wait a while, release more content. Rinse, repeat as necessary.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    What?

The entire game is based on grinding. Its not a korean MMO where you just grind mobs, but you grind everything. How fast you grind stuff makes how fast you consume content.

You grind quests to level, the faster you do it, the faster you level, then you reach level cap! Next you grind heroics/dailies to get gear, when you are geared out, you grind one raid till you can grind the next raid, till there is no more raids to grind.

Grind, grind, grind, pick daisies, grind.

Thats all there is to do in this game, period. You grind pet battles to make your pets stronger to grind higher level pets to make your other pets stronger and capture them all. You grind quests/mobs/auction house, to be super rich.

Its all one big grind, and maybe not everyone is as fast as you. Some people play 6-10 hours a week at absolute most, and thats actually a lot, they grind at a slower pace. Guess what, thats a HUGE majority of players, but the ones that whine the most are the ones that do it in 2 weeks.

So yes, they want you to grind, but thats the whole damn point of the game. Grind numbers so your numbers become bigger so you can defeat more numbers, to get stronger... etc etc (paraphrased from my favorite internet show Zero Punctuation)

You can't complain about the grind when thats the whole point of the game! The fact you grinded and consumed all the content is not our problem. Slow Down.
    I did everything possible on my main. Started on my alt, problem is, my alt can't get to the level of my main due to the silly gating system. A game company should be putting content all the time, look at rift, they're getting downed on the review for it having way too much content. How about that?

Okey, so people start complaining at me reading too much into the tweets.

You're basically not getting it. They want you to grind the content as much as possible, then they're willing to give more content. I can't understand how I am reading it too much.

Let's face it - over half of their designers are doing other stuff, such as creating other games. I just can't blieve that you actually think, it's fine, let them tell us to grind.
    Just another ho-hum I want something for nothing complaint. Nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gating system, explains more than enough.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 04:29 AM ----------

I don't mind RNG. What I mind is that they're not adding anything to the game. They threw in 3 raids and that's it. Expecting us to clear all of them, then go heroic, which is basically the same just a bit harder. But it's no new content.
    Explains nothing, and you probably are new to this game or probably the entire MMORGP genre where basicly everything or mostly everything is a grind. You are actually the problem for not understanding how basic design works, and you're asking for another cata, which wont happen. Not wasteing my time with you tbh. Good night.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Why not? That's been their model for over eight years now. Release content, wait a while, release more content. Rinse, repeat as necessary.
    You don't see a problem with that?

Now, surely, as a fat nerd that lives with his parents, you no doubt have a subscription to Men's Health magazine. When it arrives, you don't read it cover to cover. You leave it in the toilet and pick it apart, one paragraph at a time as your bowels allow.

That's how GC expects you to play Warcraft. There's really no problem with that.

If there is, you need to spend less time on the toilet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me ask you OP. In your job (assuming you have one), if you did your usual daily routine of taking orders, selling stuff, seeing to people, answering calls, spot checking everything, and every day someone came into your place and work and called you worthless or useless, how would it make you feel?
    Judging from your onset of believed assumption I can only guess.
    #boycottchina