Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    You only class new content as raids?
    Raids, BGs, Dungeons, Quests, not daily quests.

Deleted
    Yu're all retarded seriously. The mop is a filler expansion.

Infracted. Flaming isn't tolerated
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-03 at 04:08 AM.

Okay so this is the situation. They push out two expansions worth of content in the span of a single expansion, then they do it again for the next expansion. Ideas run out and the game dies off and people blame GC, Blizzard or both for making the game die out too fast.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Mop has more lore presented the best of any xpac. Just because you dont like it doesn't mean its not good. Mop also launched with the most content and the most stuff to do. How can you say wrath or cata were near perfect. The fact that you say cata was perfect makes me ignore anything you have to say. Also read my previous post. MMOs have the most content in their release and first xpac. Storm legion will have less content then vanilla rift.
    What lore? Elaborate with me please? In TBC we had Illidan, Burning Legion and fitting stories behind neltharion - his childs etc. WOTLK - Arthas - That alone was a HUGE lore based part. In my opinion, I wouldn't mind them strecthing it even further, that's how good the lore was. Cataclysm? Where should I begin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    It's not that I don't enjoy it anymore, it's just that I'm less attracted to it. I play the few hours after work with friends, due to unbalanced, bad systems I'm at disandvantages all the times. Making alts with buddies now is way too late.

In terms of less - The heroics in MoP are being finished in less than 10 minutes nowadays. I can't recall doing it that fast in TBC, WotLK or Cataclysm. I remember first time doing them in Cataclysm was whiping.

I more fitting word - This expansion should've been called World of Warcraft - The Fillers
    So basically you want a game where u can gear up a new alt in 1 week, and dungeons that take a year to do? Cata dungeons took forever cause they wanted to make them hard. Wrath dungeons were slow because dungeon finder hadnt been released yet, and how can you complain that dungeons are too fast and then complain that you cant gear up fast enough? You dont make much sense do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily quests isn't content. It's fillers. MoP 5.0/1 is a filler.
    It's content. If you actually do each one and you listen to the quests, you realize that the dailies bring you through stories. The Klaxxi dailies bring you through releasing all of the paragons. The Karasong dailies bring you through the Dalaran situation. Tillers unfolds the story of Farmer Yoon. Golden Lotus opens up Shado-Pan and August Celstials as well as the Thunder King lore.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id rather have one masterfully done landmass the sizeof Pandaria then azeroth with no imagination. Im not downing rift, just simply stating that the devs aren't as perfect as you think they are.
    You are downing rift, without trying it you're giving negative response to it.

Rifits content is extremely well. The only problem they have with the game is how it's optimized, currently after stormlegion much better than the release.

10+ Year Old Account
    What lore? Elaborate with me please? In TBC we had Illidan, Burning Legion and fitting stories behind neltharion - his childs etc. WOTLK - Arthas - That alone was a HUGE lore based part. In my opinion, I wouldn't mind them strecthing it even further, that's how good the lore was. Cataclysm? Where should I begin?
    Just because the lore had been around a before the expansions released doesn't mean that the lore is better. wrath and tbc had hardly any lore to it unless you knew the lore before playing the game. MoP teaches and shoes you everything you need to know through voice acted dungeons,scenarios,cutscenes and more interesting quests. How can you say MoP lore is inferior? The only thing you can say is you dont like the theme which is on you, and not the developers.

I disagree with the OP. The customers eat up the content faster than they can make it. They're working as fast as they can to put out content they can be proud of. They have to extend the content somehow to tide the players over until the next content is finished. They stated that they didn't want players to be bored, which is why there's so much to do in the game now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that I don't enjoy it anymore, it's just that I'm less attracted to it. I play the few hours after work with friends, due to unbalanced, bad systems I'm at disandvantages all the times. Making alts with buddies now is way too late.

In terms of less - The heroics in MoP are being finished in less than 10 minutes nowadays. I can't recall doing it that fast in TBC, WotLK or Cataclysm. I remember first time doing them in Cataclysm was whiping.

I more fitting word - This expansion should've been called World of Warcraft - The Fillers
    Part of my point was you need to clearly define your criteria of what less is when referring to content in order to craft any sort of argument on it otherwise it quickly turn into an argument over semantics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's content. If you actually do each one and you listen to the quests, you realize that the dailies bring you through stories. The Klaxxi dailies bring you through releasing all of the paragons. The Karasong dailies bring you through the Dalaran situation. Tillers unfolds the story of Farmer Yoon. Golden Lotus opens up Shado-Pan and August Celstials as well as the Thunder King lore.
    Exactly proving my point that the lore in MoP is presented leagues ahead of wrath and tbc.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post
    GC should stop writing on twitter lol. It's totally unprofessional. Still amazed how they havent booted this guy.
    You realize the reason he has twitter is because of the player base wanted him to right?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are downing rift, without trying it you're giving negative response to it.

Rifits content is extremely well. The only problem they have with the game is how it's optimized, currently after stormlegion much better than the release.
    Im downing rift compared to wow. Rift is my 2nd fav mmo.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okey, I can admit. Klaxxi is one of the lore based factions in MoP. The rest are just optionals, fillers in other ways. It's a part of the lore but it's like a chart, just that's its at the end of the chart, where it's not mentioned. Blizzard has so much lore based stuff they can take on, but they decided to hold it.

I just hope Titan will be the beginging of WoW, where we center the Pantheon and the very start of the game, then at the end leading to WoW. Either way. I'm hoping for the next patch to be more open with better lore and better content. 5.1 - is a filler. It's sad, they have so much good content..

You're reading into this way too much.

It's impossible to supply constant content, but without some sort of gate to the current content people would consume it so fast that they'd be out of anything to do well before it's possible to supply more. The gating is necessary.
    The gating is necessary for them to keep people paying a monthly fee. That'd be unacceptable in anything but a subscription MMO/something where more than one payment is needed. Artificial gating is horrible, and serves no one but themselves, and MMOs are pretty much the only genre on earth saddled with it.

Give it a couple years. Let's see if they're still blazing through content releases like they are now. WoW was fast with content at the start as well, when they had lots of room for improvement. But then things started slowing down as they ran out of easy things to add.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly proving my point that the lore in MoP is presented leagues ahead of wrath and tbc.
    Klaxxi might, not the rest. It is fillers. The Klaxxis have a huge lore based around them, the rest is just non existing stuff that they made on the run.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Give it a couple years. Let's see if they're still blazing through content releases like they are now. WoW was fast with content at the start as well, when they had lots of room for improvement. But then things started slowing down as they ran out of easy things to add.
    That's not what happened. Blizzard ended up taking genius developers from WoW and changing and mixing them and ended up giving WoW only a quarter of what they used to have as designers. If Titan breaks out to be better than WoW I actually don't mind it. But I just hope it's not a SCI-FI MMO and that it's a more opening to the early "WoW Lore"

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    The gating is necessary for them to keep people paying a monthly fee. That'd be unacceptable in anything but a subscription MMO/something where more than one payment is needed. Artificial gating is horrible, and serves no one but themselves, and MMOs are pretty much the only genre on earth saddled with it.
    Gating system is a way for Blizzard to count dollars earned for content.

Considering 4 weeks a month - 15. 00 dollars for 4k VP and 8k Conquest. That's what they're trading. Now they just count the values and avearge needed each gear for upgrade and voila, they got a mathemtical calculation on how much they earn on each new item piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    This. You cant keep everyone happy but this is True. I remember the mass amounts of bicthing because people was saying " Oh, I hate running crap over and over " Idiots with too much time on there hands are allways out to get Blizzards ass. They never can win when it comes to forums, Must be shit to deal with 8 year olds traped 21+ year old bodies everyday. Makes me clap out to them for trying anyways.
    100x this.

You'd be amazed how much content there is, and long it lasts when you can't play all day everyday. Admittedly the daily system pisses me off because I can't play everyday, but the point remains valid.

Step outside now and again and you'll realize the rate at which they release content is fine.

That's not what happened. Blizzard ended up taking genius developers from WoW and changing and mixing them and ended up giving WoW only a quarter of what they used to have as designers. If Titan breaks out to be better than WoW I actually don't mind it. But I just hope it's not a SCI-FI MMO and that it's a more opening to the early "WoW Lore"
    Now you're just making up nonsense. A "quarter of what they used to have"? What proof do you have of this? Sure, some devs have moved on to other projects, but don't act as if they weren't replaced. Why do you think they even hired GC at all if not to replace one of the outgoing developers?

@StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

This is a reply from GC on twitter.

So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

Thoughts on this?
    You realise that the game has real people, working real jobs with real hours being put in doing everything from lore to encounters, quests and art/animations even someone making skyboxes for the new zone? They can't keep churning out things every month just cause a bunch of people with ADD blazed through it, got the stuff they want, are bored and demanding more. Things are going much faster than they ever have but there's still a limit.

It's like a series TV show, they air an episode every week for one hour, sometimes during holidays they don't make new episodes, and they go on a break during summer. You like the show, want to follow the story but you don't wanna wait one week for the next episode, you demand that it be on the next day, and be interesting and not suck or appear hastily thrown together; you are being completely unreasonable.