10+ Year Old Account

A Solution for Inquisition in pvp

Hey everyone, first of all this is just my personal opinion about this problem and the solution that I will suggest about it. Here we goes:

I personally love inquistion in pve it gives us a uniqueness flavor feeling that making us different than any other melee class. However, I really don't like how it works in pvp because in pvp situation you have 3 options to use your holy power it's either dpsing, or healing yourself (or friends sometimes) or refreshing inquistion, which making it sometimes more of a burden than a benefits in pvp to be honest.

What I'm thinking about as a temporary solution is to make a pvp paladin set bonus increasing the duration of inquistion by something like 100% or more to make it less annoying in pvp.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, first of all this is just my personal opinion about this problem and the solution that I will suggest about it. Here we goes:

I personally love inquistion in pve it gives us a uniqueness flavor feeling that making us different than any other melee class. However, I really don't like how it works in pvp because in pvp situation you have 3 options to use your holy power it's either dpsing, or healing yourself (or friends sometimes) or refreshing inquistion, which making it sometimes more of a burden than a benefits in pvp to be honest.

What I'm thinking about as a temporary solution is to make a pvp paladin set bonus increasing the duration of inquistion by something like 100% or more to make it less annoying in pvp.

It is awkwardly similar to Slice and Dice, for one. But you do make a solid point, another flavor thing that could help would be to make it like Feral Druids on the set bonus - have all the times shifted up 10 seconds

No HP - 10 seconds
    1 HP - 20 seconds
    2 HP - 30 seconds
    3 HP - 40 seconds

Compared to now:
    No HP - Screwed.
    1 HP - 10 seconds
    2 HP - 20 seconds
    3 HP - 30 seconds.

It would be nice, but unlikely. This is what I would like, though.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Sigh, somehow lost this when trying to combine my posts...here we go again though.

Copy/paste from the other ret pvp thread, suggestions from Tangra and myself which I think are more at home here for discussion:

Originally Posted by Tangra
    Our main PvP problem isn't sustained damage, really; like I mentioned a while ago, I think it actually has way more to do with our inability to put out pressure more often than once every 2-3 minutes. Currently, a strong PvP dps spec needs to be able to provide some pressure at least every 45 seconds or so.

Here is an idea:

Inquisition

Passive Effect
    Increases increases Holy damage done by 30% and critical strike chance by 10%.

Active Effect
    The target stands alone for trial and is unable to interact with it's allies (basically can't target or be targeted by allies).
    3 sec duaration
    30 sec cooldown
    3 Holy Power
    Cannot be used during Avenging Wrath

I think it'd need to be a talent and/or remove the crit component in order for that to fly anywhere, but as I understand it, you're suggesting a "holy smoke bomb"? My only concerns there would be 1) dispels and 2) the HoPo cost means that we could not even TV during the 3sec duration. At best, we could get off 2 globals and 2 auto-attacks (assuming this doesn't reset swing timer). I know it's meant to be used as a team focus/burst tool, but it'd be quite lackluster outside of a team fight and more of a "support" thing than a true "burst" tool.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool, outside the box idea, but maybe something more like this:

Inquisition:
    Passive Effect
    Increases Holy damage done by 30%
    Active Effect:
    Marks a target for the inquisiton, increasing the damage dealt to that target by 25% for 6 seconds. Requires 3 HoPo, 45sec cooldown. During the cooldown period, Inquisition's passive effect is disabled.

This would make it a more interesting decision of when to press the button, esp with the loss of the passive while on CD. It would give us great benefit in teamfights, and even make us a potential target caller.
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-01-03 at 06:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post

I agree, Inquisition is absolutely awful in PvP currently, a serious drop in damage or healing every 30 seconds is easily one of the biggest, and unwarranted, weaknesses of the spec. I can't count how many times my team has lost a great deal of momentum, or a killing blow, in arena just because of me having to refresh Inquisition at a bad time. Changing a set bonus would be a great idea. The PvP power we get from the Crusader Strike bonus has lost a lot of it's power now that we get no healing from PvP power, might as well replace that with 100% longer Inquisition, 50% at least. Or maybe have it make Inquisition refund 1 or 2 Holy power, similar to the Holy bonus.

Inquisition is instant cast. Costs 38% base mana. Lasts 45 seconds. Boosts Holy damage and healing by 30% and crit by 10%, Healing increased as well due to high mana cost, 45 seconds just because 30 is far to short

ezy fix

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't mind it, when I'm running to peel a teammate, I usually refresh it then. But I see you point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Inquisition is instant cast. Costs 38% base mana. Lasts 45 seconds. Boosts Holy damage and healing by 30% and crit by 10%, Healing increased as well due to high mana cost, 45 seconds just because 30 is far to short

ezy fix
    A good idea, but would be too OP imo. To also boost healing would be amazing, but too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    A good idea, but would be too OP imo. To also boost healing would be amazing, but too far.
    Really? That's about the same we lost with the pvp power nerf. Probably less come next season.

meh, they need to give us a glyph like druids get that allow us to put up in inquisition at 12 seconds with no HP, thats the only real fix i can think of. maybe take it off the gcd, but thats a wish, not a qol issue.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Change it to "self-healing by 30%" and it'd be a good idea that I can't find fault with. 45 seconds may be a tad too long though. I like the other idea - make it usable with no HP, 10 seconds, and each HP increases the duration by 10 seconds.

With the nerfs paladins self healing has received, it'd be unlikely to see their return is all. Or so I would imagine.

i dont care about healing if i do proper damage,and keeping inquisition up in pvp is...i really miss ret pre cata rotation"without the absurd damage ofc pre nerfs in 3.1"