Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Why is pvp balanced around 3v3?

I'm not sure I really believe that balancing pvp around 3v3 equates to a semi balance in 2v2, 5v5, and RBG's. I really don't see any evidence for it. It was just an idea that it should work that way, but I don't believe it really does.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-01-03 at 06:39 AM.

2v2 is too hard to balance and 5v5 isn't popular enough.

Probably just so everyone has a catchy phrase to post in all those I just lost a duel/2on2 arena game therefor xyz must be op topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinraye View Post
    2v2 is too hard to balance and 5v5 isn't popular enough.
    I don't like the excuse of "too hard." If we accepted that argument, then our species wouldn't have advanced so much.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I don't like the excuse of "too hard." If we accepted that argument, then our species wouldn't have advanced so much.
    Then would you pay double of what you are paying now each month to get it fixed? Fixing problems requires resources. And Blizzard is a company that wants to maximize its profits.

Then would you pay double of what you are paying now each month to get it fixed? Fixing problems requires resources. And Blizzard is a company that wants to maximize its profits.
    Um no lol. Blizzard already makes plenty enough to accomplish this.

EDIT: Besides this is a idea that would actually help the games welfare in long term pvp balance. Which may potentially bring in more subs thus paying for itself. The profit is already in the idea itself.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-01-03 at 06:52 AM.

Deleted
    Wow thats crazy, i made exactly the same thread in the pvp forums not so long ago :s

Do you even know what type of company Blizzard is..?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Wow thats crazy, i made exactly the same thread in the pvp forums not so long ago :s
    I have had this idea for a very long time. Probably over a year. You can check back into my past thread data if you don't believe me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Um no lol. Blizzard already makes plenty enough to accomplish this.

EDIT: Besides this is a idea that would actually help the games welfare in long term pvp balance. Which may potentially bring in more subs thus paying for itself. The profit is already in the idea itself.
    probably not since they always rant about "do you want this or this or this .... OR more content ?" . Plus they move around devs instead of just getting loads of new ones or maybe temps . Remember Tigole was moved from wow to titan like 3-4 years ago .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

It is balanced around 3v3 because it is the easiest to balance around, the most popular, and thus the most competitive. I myself hate Arena.
    Hi Sephurik

Game currently has too many stuns, too many CCs, too many interrupts, too many instant heals, too much burst damage, too much burst healing and not enough strategics.

In my opinion, self healing from non-healing classes on top of huge burst has killed 2v2 (And mostly PvP). Original design of "You're pure DPS you don't heal" was right and Hybrid taxes were the way to do things.

IMO...3 vs 3 is not balanced, because 1 vs 1 disparity have insanely become larger. btw, not expecting 1 vs 1 balancing, but imo classes shouldn't be able to 1 vs 2 or more, nor should classes at times take 2-3 players to kill one (certain healers)

looking at the recent championship for cash, top 3 finishers

1st mage, warlock, res-sham
    2nd mage, warrior, res-sham
    3rd mage, warlock res-sham

blizz made a comment concerning rogues, balance, and arenas generally saying they wanted rogues not be the only standard in 3 vs 3 comps. RPM or PMR, what ever you want to call it

imo the dev/blue had a short memory. pretty much near all top 3 vs 3's for years and 3 expac's have been mage, insert DPS, insert FOTM healer. mages in this matter never get nerfed or get focused on due to the dev's always focusing on other classes and turning a blind eye
    Last edited by pinkz; 2013-01-03 at 07:11 AM.

wait arena is balanced?

OT: blizz can say what they want but look at the balance of KFC first 3 weeks of the season ... they claim they balance stuff around 3v3 but i have a feeling its just a little white lie to make us sleep better at night

15+ Year Old Account
    2v2 is hard to balance but 3v3 is almost a perfect number. Doing 5v5 or rbgs does not really work because if you would end up having the same classes so it would end up balancing itself. The more people have the less a certain spec overpowerness is.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

world pvp: who ganks first
    random bgs: team with most healers wins
    2v2: team who zergs harder. only in dps/healer vs dps/healer does a team have to actually chain cc
    3v3: actually quite a unique competitive format and the closest thing to balanced this game has. it has the greatest comp diversity, the small size means you can make a reasonable amount of arena targeted macros and not be overwhelmed.
    5v5: this bracket basically sucks. there's a reason why no one queues 5s except to get r1. if im getting focused, i cant even see my toon. all i see is a health bar and 10 sets of spell effects having sex on my face.
    rbgs: coordinated zerg fest. its like 5s but with flags and tank specs.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

5v5 is not much popular

Deleted
    SInce it has the best balance potential.

Many more comps are viable, matches can actually turn around much faster than the standard plate/healer mirror in 2s

I'm not so sure it is balanced solely around that anymore. Blizzard said a while back that they planned on moving balance back to battlegrounds, where it's a little more flexible. They admitted arena was a mistake, and that it's impossible to balance classes around such small scale battles. But, the reason arena related choices are made around this bracket is because, quite simply, it's the closest bracket to finding the balance between chaotic speed kill charges and never ending healing wars.

Deleted
    3v3 is just like 2v2 when it comes to balance.

Or IDK my spec that i play is not even viable in any arena comp. Why is 3v3 balanced then?