Thread: UI Help

UI Help

Hello Guys, I have been using TUKUI, ELVUI and LUI core.. however the problem I have with all those is whenever I wanna switch a Glyph or a talent it makes me reload and turns off the add on. Any recommendations on a different full UI like these that doesnt have that problem? I like add ons that completely replace the existing UI

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Hello Guys, I have been using TUKUI, ELVUI and LUI core.. however the problem I have with all those is whenever I wanna switch a Glyph or a talent it makes me reload and turns off the add on. Any recommendations on a different full UI like these that doesnt have that problem? I like add ons that completely replace the existing UI
    The latest version of ElvUI (v5.19) has made some tweaks to help avoid those talent/glyph taints. If you still get them with v5.19 then it's another addon you have installed that's causing the taints and will be unavoidable regardless of what UI you use. 99.9% of the time whatever addon it "claims" in the taint isn't what actually is causing it, as an FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    The latest version of ElvUI (v5.19) has made some tweaks to help avoid those talent/glyph taints. If you still get them with v5.19 then it's another addon you have installed that's causing the taints and will be unavoidable regardless of what UI you use. 99.9% of the time whatever addon it "claims" in the taint isn't what actually is causing it, as an FYI.
    We'll Ill give it a go, however for the most part I don't run other add ons whenever I have TUKUI or LUI Core. BGT, Skada are for the most part the only add ons I run consistantly

If i remember right, this is a "build-in" problem by blizzard. Several addons do that taint (inc. skada, at some point, dunno if managed to fix). Most addon authors are struggling with this issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    We'll Ill give it a go, however for the most part I don't run other add ons whenever I have TUKUI or LUI Core. BGT, Skada are for the most part the only add ons I run consistantly
    The issue is blizzard wants to protect the glyphs / talents so they have basically put in place a code to "protect" them from being automated via addons. The issue is that it can give a false alarm when you are swapping talents / glyphs and recognises and addon is runing. The addon itself is not trying to do anythign with the glyphs but the protection is hyper sensitive and just flags the addon as trying to automate you glyph talent change.

Not much any addon can do about it we all have to wait for blizz to loosen the reins on this one!

Generally a /reload will fix the bug, but sometimes it just keeps bugging out and its almost always when the que has popped and its time sensitive for me to make the swap lol.

Generally a /reload will fix the bug, but sometimes it just keeps bugging out and its almost always when the que has popped and its time sensitive for me to make the swap lol.
    Yeah a /reload will usually fix it and can get annoying if you swap talents/glyphs often but like previously mentioned the taint (not a bug per say) is super sensitive and nearly anything can cause it. (Does not have to be anything even related to talent/glyphs to trigger it). An example of this is the most recent way of avoiding the taints within ElvUI were changes to the chat mod. Obviously has nothing to to with talents and glyphs but there was something that "could" trigger it. So if you use any addons at all (does not matter how many) it's just something you have to deal with. Unless either Blizz does a fix or addon authors spend as much time and headache Elv has put into his recent build that used alone has pretty much eliminated the taints.