Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movie] Worst Anime Adaption Movie?

Was mumbling through Netflix the other night and came across the First of the North Star live action movie.

I never really knew a whole hell of a lot about the series beyond the premise, but that was just damn awful. It was so bad we actually turned it off and I went hunting for some of the original anime. Found the original OVA dub on youtube.

Anyone else have some really bad ones or their vote for the worst?

Death note. Just... Awful

10+ Year Old Account
    The blood the last vampire one
    Deathnote was a masterpiece compared to it
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    Dragonball Evolution, or something like that. Goku is a college student ffs!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a dvd box for Fist of the Northstar live-action and just knowing it exists is about as terrible a thing as I can think of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I saw a dvd box for Fist of the Northstar live-action and just knowing it exists is about as terrible a thing as I can think of
    trust me...

TRUST ME..

however bad you think it is. It's WORSE. I watched it ages ago and to this day it still haunts me with it's terribleness. It makes Blood the Last Vampire and Death Note look like fucking Shakespeare in comparison.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    trust me...

TRUST ME..

however bad you think it is. It's WORSE. I watched it ages ago and to this day it still haunts me with it's terribleness. It makes Blood the Last Vampire and Death Note look like fucking Shakespeare in comparison.
    I about died laughing when Shin goes to kill the master and pulls out a revolver. Uber ninja... strikes with 6 shooter!

10+ Year Old Account
    Although it's technically a Western Cartoon, the movie adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender was really terrible. So many things in that movie just turn out to be, well bad.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragonball.

I can officially end this thread as nothing will ever be as cancerous.

The full Fist of the North Star live action movie is up on the youtubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXcmG2uvgRY
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Ball Evolution was just awful. Worst money I ever spent.

Dragonball.

Avatar: The Last Air Bender. While not technically anime, in the sense it is not made by one of the major anime companies like Production IG, it is drawn in an anime style. And the movie is pretty bad.

On the topic of anime adaptations, I am looking forward to seeing this one
    Rurouni Kenshin
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Blood the last Vampire! that's what it was, I was trying to remember that for the last couple days, good thing I came across this thread, it has been bugging the shit outta me, although it did have the most badass old-guy fight I've seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=Slqu0nCzFh4

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Although it's technically a Western Cartoon, the movie adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender was really terrible. So many things in that movie just turn out to be, well bad.
    There's no technically about it. Avatar: The Last Airbender IS a western cartoon. It is American made and while it has Asian influences, it is by definition, an American Cartoon. Kinda like saying Xaolin Showdown is an Anime if you consider Avatar an anime.

Back on topic though: I remember Fist of the Northstar live action, it IS terrible. Although, I now want to see Death Note Live action, just to see how bad it is. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rodroy323 View Post
    There's no technically about it. Avatar: The Last Airbender IS a western cartoon. It is American made and while it has Asian influences, it is by definition, an American Cartoon. Kinda like saying Xaolin Showdown is an Anime if you consider Avatar an anime.
    I would consider avatar to be anime, not because the cultures of the 4 nations in the show are based on asian cultures, as is the fighting style of the 4 bending techniques, no, I would view avatar as anime because of how the characters are drawn, they artist's work is looks to ve very stylized on anime.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Note live action was unremarkable, I didn't feel a burning sensation like my brain trying to escape my body or the rumbling of my guts threatening to burst out and escape at any cost, I was just bored

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Avatar: The Last Air Bender. While not technically anime, in the sense it is not made by one of the major anime companies like Production IG, it is drawn in an anime style. And the movie is pretty bad.
    The funny thing is... I've got a few Japanese friends and they all say that in Japan Avatar is considered an Anime, even though it's American it's drawn/animated in the "Anime" style, so it counts.

Also, that Rurouni Kenshin movie looks pretty cool that one will NOT be on this list of bad adaption!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Also, that Rurouni Kenshin movie looks pretty cool that one will NOT be on this list of bad adaption!
    I'm not holding my breath. I know it's a difference of cultures but Japanese movies often look way better via trailers. It's like they've learned how to sell a piece of shit in 30 seconds from some other group.... hmmm.... who could that be

I would say it has to be Dragonball by a long shot, for films that got a wide cinema release at least. Fist of the Northstar and Death Note may just be bad, but Dragonball was ridiculously awful.

15+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is... I've got a few Japanese friends and they all say that in Japan Avatar is considered an Anime, even though it's American it's drawn/animated in the "Anime" style, so it counts.
    My host family in Iwata call The Simpsons and Family Guy anime. Anything that is animated is by Japanese definiton, anime.