Poll: What's your toilet seat etiquette?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The science is clear on this matter: the lid is there for a reason, and flushing lid open is completely asinine.
    Because not living in a completly sterile enviroment will kill you?
    This is what humans are becoming, scared of bacteria and a bit of invisibly small poo (that gets released in the air we breathe anyway everytime a cow or a human or a cat or a dog farts)

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Can't you just aim through the seat? >.>
    Then neither parties have to touch it.
    Or even better! no seat no lid no toilet! lets all go outside to poop in a hole, you don't have to touch anything, you only need to have a good balance.

I don't understand why so many guys here think it's such a pain to put the seat down when you're done. I've been doing that literally for as long as I can remember, even in public male-only bathrooms (of course, I use a sheet of toilet paper as a buffer for them). It's just habit for me. I honestly don't understand what's so difficult about a guy lowering the seat when you can just let gravity do most of the work anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Can't you just aim through the seat? >.>
    Then neither parties have to touch it.
    A real man lets his hose loose. Especially in a spring morning, when the window is open and the cool not too cold, not too hot breeze is gently making it's way down the valley, between the mountains and up the hills. You don't want hands to get in it's way.

Plus, rarely the power of the flow is strong enough to induct dangerously excessive movement of the doodly-dong.

Deleted
    It's a frigging toilet. Use it and leave.
    Option B

I might put the seat down occasionally, not for any particular reason though.

To anyone who has ever sat on the toilet without the seat being down. Seriously. Use your eyes... Don't be blaming someone else for not leaving the toilet seat how you require it next. Take matters into your own hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    A real man lets his hose loose. Especially in a spring morning, when the window is open and the cool not too cold, not too hot breeze is gently making it's way down the valley, between the mountains and up the hills. You don't want hands to get in it's way.

Plus, rarely the power of the flow is strong enough to induct dangerously excessive movement of the doodly-dong.
    I just lol'd so loud I woke my wife up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Male's have problems peeing everywhere when they're learning too. Think of all the pee games you can start playing standing up.

Urine splashes all over the place when people go standing up. It's pretty unsanitary, really.
    Unless the person has a bladder infection, pee is actually sterile. It's "gross" but it's sterile.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post

thanks for my new sig xp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    thanks for my new sig xp
    My pleasure. Words of wisdom must be spread.

Equality:
    Women fighting to get the same salary as men,
    men fighting for their right to not have to put the toilet seat down.
    :P

Deleted
    If it's up, it will stay up.
    If it's down, it will go back down.

Most of the time if its a man's house it will be up to save them lifting it in future. If it's in a woman's house it will be down to save them lowering it every time they need to go.

If you prefer it down get one of the self closing ones, its just incovenient for men having to hold it up while you pee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Male

If there is a lid, I put both the seat and lid down.

If there's no lid, then I don't care about the seat, and leave it how I used it.

Deleted
    If I was a member of the female half of our species, I would have more peace of mind if I went in to the lavatory and I saw the seat left up. If it's up when you go in, you know, at least the last time a male person went to the loo, that they didn't leave the seat down and misfire or get splash-back all over it. o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    How is it not selfish to decide to use the bathroom a certain way then expect someone else to put the seat down based on your own decision? If you lifted it up, you can put it down.
    Didn't you just contradict yourself? It is selfish to ask somebody to do something the way you want it no mather what they think about it.

@On topic:
    When i was living with my parents it was option B style. So i'm used to it. But when i go to the bathroom at a somebody else's house i tend to put it back down if it was already down. And if my futur g/f make a big deal out of it i will probably do as she say or try to get option C in order. I just don't care either way, there is much more important things in life than this to argue about.

Everyone should put the gosh darn seat down and stop bitching about it.
    Thank you. Thank you so much.

It always pisses me off when I forget to put it down and then some random girl comes and starts being a bitch about it. I cant take those people serious. It is some new-age shit that hasn't existed 10 years ago.

There is no logical reason whatsoever to force men to put the lid down after they are done. If women do not want to touch it, I have to ask myself if they even wash their hands afterwards. If they do, what's the problem with touching it?

It is also not that hard to be clean as a man. If you can't aim properly, sit down. If you can, but you manage to miss somehow, clean up after yourself and there shouldn't be any issues afterwards.

Also, men who piss while the seat is down are stupid anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    If you prefer it down get one of the self closing ones, its just incovenient for men having to hold it up while you pee.
    Reminds me of the "How i met your mother" episode where Barney have an autolifting toilet seat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    If I was a member of the female half of our species, I would have more peace of mind if I went in to the lavatory and I saw the seat left up. If it's up when you go in, you know, at least the last time a male person went to the loo, that they didn't leave the seat down and misfire or get splash-back all over it. o_O
    I think women would rather find a piss sodden toilet with a clean seat that they can put down, than find a piss sodden toilet seat that they now have to sit on.

Surely it shouldn't matter where the seat gets left. If one person is able to lower it after using it then another person is just as capable of lowering it before use. The seat shouldn't have piss on it, if it's clean then what does it matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Men have hands, they can put the seat down.

Honestly, it depends on the number on the girl to guy ratio in your house, although, girls have to sit twice, guys only stand to piss.
    Unless the guy has certain piercings in his genital region, then sitting to urinate is about the only option....I mean....ever placed your thumb over the end of a hose and have it spray everywhere except forward?

I also find the argument ridiculous that men are always dirtier than women. After three years of living with men and women I have to say that I found women to be the dirtier gender.

Too lazy to clean dishes, everything piles up until I put it into the cleaner, hair everywhere, clogged bathroom sinks due to hair, unclean toilets because "ewww, I am not going to clean a toilet".

Gender equality at its finest.

Of course, this is only my experience and I am sure there are super tidy women out there. But generally those are not in their mid 20 and they do not live in The Netherlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Option E - World Peace

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone should put the gosh darn seat down and stop bitching about it.
    Or...you kknow...Just look down before sitting...well...down...You know...logic...