Poll: Pick

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Usually on my 2nd or 3rd time through with alts I just afk most fights that don't require moving much.

I have never afk'd during a boss fight, and rarely on trash. I usually go out of my way to identify people afk before pulls so we can kick them. I will admit that sometimes I am lazy during trash and just spam my weak aoe, but I always lock in during boss fights. Of course, I'm not sure why I care as much as I do. Maybe I like practicing my rotation, maybe I like being at the top of the meters even if they don't mean anything, or maybe I think it is rude to ask people to carry me while I do something else.

TBH, as I look at the meters I sometimes find myself hoping that there are some people mailing it in or AFK, because if they are not it means the bad is worse than I could have imagined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I prefer to be one of the healers who is actually making sure we get through the fight instead of one of the ones at the bottom of the heal chart only casting a heal every now and then to make it look like they're doing something.

That, and, I'm taking my experience of healing LFR during the week I was visiting family for the holidays and always being 1 or 2 on recount even though I had 2-6 fps every fight (on a crappy laptop, with minimum graphics) as a sign that my groups probably would have wiped if I wasn't trying, because it was evident no one else was.

Thread full of a bunch of winners that don't want to contribute to 'earn' their marginally 'epic' gear that they'll continue to use to afk more LFR 'raids'.

Why are you even playing the game at that point?

Yes once. My youngest woke up 3 hours earlier than she normally does so had to run into another room and check on her and get her back down while on Sha.

It seems to me that some of the 'yes' votes are from people who think that answering the doorbell counts as going AFK for a whole fight and it may be tinting the poll.

Running off to do something for a min or two is not the same as clicking autoshoot and then watching netflix for 15 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, never have. When I log on to play, I play. If I want to watch TV, then I'm not logged on.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

one time I had to to to the bathroom in the middle of Sha od fear and grab a beer in the fridge, still, finish 5ft dps

10+ Year Old Account
    I have once, I afk'd on Spine of Deathwing LFR, there wasn't enough damage output for me to heal and the other healers seemed to be on it faster then I was, so I just /followed my friend and would throw out a Holy Shock here and there.

I am actually doing LFR while reading this thread xD

who hasnt?

ive afked as a healer on every boss before and we never wiped once.

I sometimes do during trash. But even then I just run in and spam Skill Blast and do decent damage.

I have, but only for one boss, or trash. I've also been known to die on purpose on the last boss and ignore any b-rez given. #notproudofit

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I fell from Elegon's platform last night while i was gearing my Alt's dps off spec and i feel good for making the LFR players work more. The attitudes and complete incompetence that i see in LFR just makes me want to AFK. Your heart wrenching speech can't change that, sorry.
    You fell from ele's platform then go on about other people's complete incompetence? Oh wait.....you were AFK right? lol

Well...at least its all starting to make sense now. Looking at the results makes me wish for MORE bots for LFR as at least they would do a rotation.

and how many are AFK now in Raid reading and posting in this thread ?

Nope, I'm the tank. However, I will occasionally watch a movie or play poker on the side during LFR when the other tank is being a taunt-happy arsehole. I learned a long time ago to not fight it, just go with it. When he dies and rages, I /poke his corpse.

Urge to kill...falling :P

I afk'd Feng once, but Chipotle was fighting its way out - that's a decent excuse I think.

Other than that I can't think of any time where I've queued and just... did nothing. The 2 dps I bring weekly sit in queue long enough that I just want to get it done quickly. I pay to play the game, not to have others play it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Nope.
    I'm the kinda person who has very guilty conscious, and knowing that I'm not pulling my weight doesn't sit well with me. I also believe that you should try when possible to respect each whenever possible and that this afk'ing isn't a polite thing to do.
    This sums up my thoughts exactly.

Slightly related, I've done this once in LFD. It was Monday night, actually. We needed to valor cap after coming home from vacation on Monday night, so 1000 valor in one night. I got burnt out on the 5mans and the last one was fucking Shado-Pan Monastery AKA longest dungeon with the most annoying bosses (imo) so since we had party majority and I knew I wouldn't get kicked, I just sat on autofollow on the healer while my mage friend who pulled enough for two people just took on the DPS for me. Man, I was tired.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just came back from dead space; Dayum people I didn't expect so many yes like hahaha It's fascinating.