Poll: Pick

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This thread's poll makes me feel like Dark Helmet when he found out that everyone on his ship was from the same family and he was surrounded by them!

Then these people who don't mind going AFK have the nerve to call noobs in lfr 'baddies'.

Deleted
    i was forced in to playing arcane after they nerfed fire in to the ground i managed 2 bosses and couldnt face going gar'jal so i melee'd the boss am sure some1 feels my pain of playing arcane

I afk, only because the fights feel so boring and mindless though. On most of the fights I find it's impossible to die, stay out for the fear each time on the sha, I've tanked the windlord as well as the amber mutation (both for more than 30 seconds), amongst many other things. That being said, here's a few tips when you want to die early in the fight (to avert suspicion that you are afk'ing):

1. Bust out the "Jenkins" title and if you have crappy gear, equip it.
    2. On elegon just stay on the floor so you die when it disappears, you can off set the repairs with the 28g you win.
    3. Stand in the melee even if you are ranged so people can't see you are afking, you'll end up blending in.

Anyone else got tips for afk'ing LFR?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    never purposely for the sake of being lazy. But I have had family issues where i've had to step away. I'm more inclined to do so in LFR since there are more people and it's less likely to fail. But i try my hardest not to do it.

Never afk'd. However I have dps'd rather than healing on Elegon and Sha of Fear in order to be able to have a chance to get a dps trinket when I need no other gear. Both fights are really easy to heal though, and I usually end up 30 million healing ahead of the next guy even when dpsing for one fight. So I guess thats kinda like afking but also still pulling the numbers to make up for it?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Never afk'd. However I have dps'd rather than healing on Elegon and Sha of Fear in order to be able to have a chance to get a dps trinket when I need no other gear. Both fights are really easy to heal though, and I usually end up 30 million healing ahead of the next guy even when dpsing for one fight. So I guess thats kinda like afking but also still pulling the numbers to make up for it?
    Well no you're actually doing something haha hell you're even healing people unlike me when one time I swapped to play some diablo at will of the emps.

15+ Year Old Account
    I recently have been going afk on Sha as a healer in LFR, it can be solo healed or even no-healed I guess so it doesn't really matter. I watch some tv or read some shit until I get cackled and I go and keep the group up.

Only every time I do LFR. You can thank Blizzard for making me wait 4 weeks to get a PvP weapon.

I don't typically afk unless it's something I absolutely have to do right then. However, if I die for some reason I'll alt tab and go on reddit or something until they kill the boss. And, last night I was on the phone with my gf while we killed the empress. But, even then I was paying somewhat attention and still dpsing, just not optimally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I fell from Elegon's platform last night while i was gearing my Alt's dps off spec and i feel good for making the LFR players work more. The attitudes and complete incompetence that i see in LFR just makes me want to AFK. Your heart wrenching speech can't change that, sorry.
    its your attitude and incompetence that makes lfr the hell it is, just go in and get it done ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I AFK on almost every pull. Netflix is more engaging than LFR.

Deleted
    I've only ever been in LFR thrice so far, but I'll admit last time I did spent a lot of my time on Stone Guard and Feng chatting on IMs and overall not paying that much attention. Look, I'm an assassination rogue, so auto-attacks are what I do best anyway.

Deleted
    Yes

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Kaino View Post
    It's quite hard to do when you're the tank
    Not really, I do it all the time on trash. Especially on HoF, that trash is insanely boring and I generally queue with my other guild tank, so whoever says AFK first doesnt have to do it all :P

LFR is LFR (aka boring) so I started a new game of spot the afkers, generally getting them removed for the next boss meaning they get the joy of re-queuing.

I especially like catching out those DPSers who queue as healers and when asked about it respond with "couldn't be arsed to wait in the queue" or (my favorite) "we don't need 6 healers here" (turns out we had FIVE dps doing same thing!) ... they don't usually get to stay long.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Not afk but I watch tv most of the times spamming fireball...

Never outright AFKed, but I have ignored the screen and just tap my rotation out from muscle memory while talking to someone or watching football or whatever. I still usually come top 5 or so in DPS that way. 0_o

During Dragon Soul LFR's, I use to get myself killed very very early in the fight on purpose and then not accept any battle rez's so I could do other things while I got loots.

Easiest was running off of the platforms during the Deathwing fight, (run straight at him, not off the sides, obviously)

Not on purpose. I had to run to get my kid really fast at the start of the fight, came back and put out my all while I was there. I have frozen up a few times recently when a fight started and came back in with about 10% of the fight last. I feel really dirty after this happens but that really isn't me going afk just bad timing.

Seeing as I have a g19 keyboard, I simply just macro lightning bolt to fire everytime it gets off cooldown. Giving me like 10 minutes spare time on patchwerk style fights. I have no idea if this works with other keyboards, but this is the afk method I use the most.