Thread: 5.2 eta

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

5.2 eta

I am just wondering when you guys think 5.2 will go live.

I am actually surprised it's already on the PTR

Isn't it usually 4~6 weeks PTR then live?

Deleted
    If I am not misstaken PTR for 4.2 was in the end of april and it was released 28th June. So about 2 months if it follows the 4.2 one.

Deleted
    don't get so hyped about 5.2 because as we know from other expansion we will farm 5.2 for about 8-12 months and then we get the final patch.

what kind of resoning is that??? its not like its a yearly thing :P
    ive read some place that end of january or february, cant remember where i read it tho

Deleted
    2-3 months..

Deleted
    Probably in about 2 months.

My personal guess would be that we'll get it before the valentines event starts, at some point.

I am guessing mid to end of january.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The unknown secret View Post
    don't get so hyped about 5.2 because as we know from other expansion we will farm 5.2 for about 8-12 months and then we get the final patch.
    Odd, i don't remember farming firelands for 8 months before Dragon Soul.

I remember reading their target patch release pace was 4 weeks for small patches (like 5.1) and 8 weeks for major content patches (like 5.2).

That would put 5.2 somewhere around mid feb since 5.1 was released around mid december I think.

Kindof on topic, but anyone know when current season will be ending then?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Kindof on topic, but anyone know when current season will be ending then?
    No one knows.
    It wil end the day 5.2 comes out.

Assuming Blizzard keep on schedule (2 months small patch, 4 months big patch), then you're looking at an early March release of 5.2.

This is supported by the usual timeframe of PTRs: patches go on the PTR, 2 months later they're on live. This has been a pretty consistent trend for a lot of major patches, so I'd imagine we're looking at something similar here.

Late February - early March. There's a lot of testing to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by The unknown secret View Post

Not only is this a useless 'observation', you're forgetting the fact Blizzard has already increased its time frame for major patches as is (and have publicly made that a very specific goal of theirs), and they've been working on 5.2's raid content since (or before) the expansion dropped, more likely than not. There's no reason to assume they don't have the same underway for the next tier of raid content. Even if they don't, a lot of people are still plugging away at MSV/HoF/TOES anyway. Don't be one of 'those' people who roll out the LOL BLIZZARD BLOWS GUYS carpet preemptively.

Guessing February or March for patch.
    Last edited by Screwy Maverick; 2013-01-03 at 02:02 PM.

As people are saying it tends to take 2 - 3 months, so probably sometime in March or April.

6-8 weeks after 5.2 went live on PTR. Since it just went Live 1/2/13, I would say 5.2 will not go live until at least 2/19 or 2/26 at the absolute earliest.

Deleted
    End of March/Early April.

Anything before then is pretty much out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    End of March/Early April.

Anything before then is pretty much out of the question.
    90-120 days seems a bit excessive for a major content patch to sit in the PTR. Avg is usually 7-8 weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    90-120 days seems a bit excessive for a major content patch to sit in the PTR. Avg is usually 7-8 weeks.
    Not even 100 guilds have killed Heroic Sha, let alone the ONLY!!!!! Heroic Elite Protector kill .... it'll be 2-3 months, I rather tend to 3 months, else Blizzard is wasting their own content.