Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    100 / 60. Inherited from my father.

My extremities actually really hurt if it's cold.
    I'm 120/80. I have been my whole life, and the only time it ever changes is when I get sick.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol yeah I would be able...Where I live you get 20$ a day on welfare to cover everything you need...so 35 would be an improvment for us

Subway breakfast > McD's.
    Whats a Subway breakfast? I always used to enjoy McDonalds breakfast, I love hashbrowns and a double sausage mcmuffin was amazing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I like eating cool whip. <.<

And my horror stories have more to do with being in a gaggle of women mocking me for my perfectly innocent outlandish ways (stupid shower situation...) and being down the hall from a bunch of drunkards doing drunkard things. Also, vomit everywhere every weekend.
    I don't know why, people getting drunk at uni seems to be a glaring hole in my college experience. Never even once saw hangover vomit!
    <----- morbid curiousity

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I had someone take a piss in our fridge
    WTF?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I don't know why, people getting drunk at uni seems to be a glaring hole in my college experience. Never even once saw hangover vomit!
    <----- morbid curiousity
    What is the worst stench you have ever been exposed to? What is it x2? Add in what looks like clam chowder left in a sewer drain.

WTF?
    He hated the girls I lived with and apparently one day took a piss in our fridge, I didnt find out about it until months later, and only because we were working together and confessed.
    <----- morbid curiousity
    Drunk people are wierd, like the girl that turned up having puked on my doormat. I had to help her up the stairs, hold her over the toilet and then guide her to the bedroom while getting her water, trying to make sure she can make it to bed fine and isnt gonna drown in her own vomit while avoiding anything that would get me labelled as some kinda perv!

I'm very mature

But then I get into movies with children's tickets... I blame my height for that...
    Midget!

I would consider myself immature and i'm 27, fuck it i say.

<----- morbid curiousity
    Hey Semaphore, I've never been drunk...period.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    What is the worst stench you have ever been exposed to? What is it x2? Add in what looks like clam chowder left in a sewer drain.
    Pretty sure the worst stench was after I stuffed about five to seven Asian lady beetles in a microwave and they exploded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you know why I hated dormitories.
    Subway breakfast > McD's.
    Subway is the devil. I can't even walk by outside one of those places without having to hold my breath because the stench is so awful. I'm not sure why. Other sandwich places aren't like that.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    AU$35 US$36.75 EU27.90 (EDIT: for families)

AU$18 US$19 EU14.50. (for single students)

FULL STORY (sorry it isn't the official report but it stats the facts well enough)

Recently in Australia there was an all around reduction change to welfare benefits in which parents were set up to lose up to AU$110 in child payments when the child hits 8, this plan is to get back the employment. The base payment to "newstart" has been reduced so that a person out of work would be left with $35 a day to live which includes everything the person needs to live.

The government has admitted living on this would be difficult but again stated it's designed to get people into the work force which can be very difficult here. The story is about a government official saying she could live on $35 a day. She current earns ~$6300 a week, 25 times the amount she thinks she could live on.

I was wondering how this would be possible with the other currencies and could you live for several years on these payments.

P.S Story is a few days old but search found nothing so sorry if it's been posted before.

EDITED: to include single people because I didn't factor in this is mmo
    easily.
    36.75 us x 30 days = 1102.5 dollars

my situation is this.
    Town house 2 bedroom apartment. 460.00
    Electricity 150.00
    Insurance for car 60.00 (2 people)
    Internet 70.00 (you can watch your tv online)

this leaves you 362.00 left over for food and gas. which comes out roughly to 12.00 a day to eat on (more than enough)

remember this isnt suppose to be a long term life style. its made so you can live on it. the answer is yes you shouldnt suffer more than a few inconveniences. what your not going to be able to do is have a 70.00 cellphone a 250.00 car note and some of the other luxuries that are not essential. this money isnt suppose to give you a good living its suppose to let you survive till you find a way to improve your situation.

I'm very mature

But then I get into movies with children's tickets... I blame my height for that...
    Well, let me tell you something

Ok, was living in the US, was 24, went to the cinema with girlfriend to watch... what was it... a movie about cave explorers who get trapped and everyone dies, cant recall name now.

To my surprised i was asked for an ID.
    Obviously i didnt have one, so i had to enter with my gf, who is 21, as my legal guardian.
    I never laughed so much in my life.

I look far younger than i am, a tad like a belf actually.... till i was 18 i would be mistaken for a girl, was hilarious expect on the times i was gropped.

The most hilarious memory I have was when i had long hair and was making out with a girlfriend outside, and this guy shouts "omg look at those hot lesbians making out"

Deleted
    I could like on that i belive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Whats a Subway breakfast? I always used to enjoy McDonalds breakfast, I love hashbrowns and a double sausage mcmuffin was amazing too.
    Basically eggs, cheese, and a meat in flatbread all nice and warm...surprisingly filling to boot.

Is that a work week or regular week?

If that is a regular week that is $1050 a month and a person can live off of that. Will it pretty? No, but a person can live off that amount of money.

Apt. $500
    Utilies $200
    Food $150
    Gas $100

That leaves you with $50 that will mostly still go to bills or gas.

Now understand you are not going to be able to live in the best neighborhoods. You are not going to have things like a cellphone with a calling plan (cheap pre-paid for the basics). You are not going to cable tv or the internet either with that amount of money either. You are not going to be going out and doing a lot of extra driving for no reason as well. You food will mostly be can foods, ground beef, rice, dry beans, maybe if there is a sale chicken tighs and most things will be off brand unless they are on sale as well. Coupons are your friend, Wal-mart price match is your friend, and the meat counter in the mornings is your friend because they will mark down all the meat close to the sale by date in the early morning. Or if you want to be really simple cold cut sandwiches and condensed soup can help your food dollar go further as well.

Deleted
    I currently work part time (yay government budget cuts) and go to school and i live for around that much a month... and still able to save some money. So yes, people can live on that just fine.

In the UK the unemployment benefit is £10 per day but if you stay in a council house you'll get the rent payed for you and most of the council tax.
    So if i was getting £16 is per day and had to pay the full amount in rent and council tax i would be fucked.
    If however I was getting that and had nothing else to pay(i.e living with parents) then i could easily live off that per day, a reasonable food shopping will cost you about £40 per fortnight,Electricity about £60 a month, internet about £30 with plenty left over to spend on whatever

Deleted
    I live on about 700€ / 918$ per month right now.. So yeah, I guess I could.

(Not sure about the exchange rates n stuff right now, might be more or less when converted from SEK to $ & €. Get around 6000 sek every month.)

That's about 13.4k a year in the us. I have a friend who lives on 13.1k a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Midget!
    That's just hurtful
    One day we shorties will unite and fight the evil oppression of heightism!!

Hey Semaphore, I've never been drunk...period.
    Pfft me neither
    Maybe. I think. It's hard to tell if I'd moved beyond tipsy, no point of reference >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    To my surprised i was asked for an ID.
    Obviously i didnt have one, so i had to enter with my gf, who is 21, as my legal guardian.
    I never laughed so much in my life.
    LOL o.O
    I know they probably had policies in place so they gotta check but still, that's hilarious XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not get why we give welfare recipients anything to play with.

Get housing paid for. Get food paid for. Water and sewer is cheap. TV is not a necessity. So basically the only real living expense that they have to pay is power bill.

Assuming they are on the other programs to pay for their necessities, $900 a month is too much.

I do not give a shit if people on welfare have money for their wants. The only thing government money should go towards is bare necessities.

Sick of going into section 8 houses with 60" plasmas.

If you can't afford a baby, DO NOT HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!
    I like sandwiches