Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I looked it up on urban dictionary. It's totally not innocuous...
    Self-gratification?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Also I dont think people really mock virgins so much, not seriously. My friends never did, two of us were still virgins quite late compared to the others and they joked about it some, but never were being mean, just commenting more on that sex was good and we were missing out (which is true imo.)
    I was 12 when some of my older mates asked me if "I had my dick wet yet?". The question perplexed me, of course I have. I swim and have showers. It confused me to no end. 2 years later I knew and was going for it...granted with no positive outcum.

10+ Year Old Account
    A key that can open many locks is a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a shitty lock

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    Doesn't make sense - why doesn't everyone just save themselves for marriage, so that their significant other will have the keys to their partners' respective gardens? Please enlighten me. I had to leave a groups of friends yesterday because they laughed at my virgin status.
    What's your cultural background? It's usually relevant with respect to how this topic is approached.

With that being said, not everyone wants (or even can) get married. I find that most people these days want to ensure that their relationship is sexually compatible. Waiting until after marriage is a risk for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Just because japan does it doesn't make it right, I mean they have child idols. what up with that?
    Meh, same concept as child pageants. All disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Self-gratification?
    I meant churning the butter. NSFW

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    A key that can open many locks is a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a shitty lock
    Except that human beings are not locks or keys.

This "analogy" has typically been used to demonize women for being sexual. It inherently frames the issue to not be in the favour of women.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Lack of development, more so mentally. The first time is quite a bit different for a female compared to a male, as it results in changes. I couldn't be trusted with $20 at 13, much less a decision like virginity. I just think its a decision that should be decided by a more mature mind, which though while growing till your 20s would be apt around 16-17 to make, at minimum I guess.
    Uh, when I was 13 I had to get by my own pretty much. The only support I got from my parents were money(Gave me about 230€ / month) to buy food, clothes, hygiene articles and other stuff I could find some use in. Wasting the money meant I had no money for food for the rest of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Best way I ever heard it put.

Pretend you have a key. And that key could open any door. You would think to yourself wow that is a pretty awesome key!

Now pretend that your a door. But your a door that can be opened by any key. You would think to yourself god that's a pretty terrible door.
    Pretend you have a key. And that key could not open any door. You would think to yourself wow that is a pretty shitty key!

Now pretend that you're a door. But your door chooses who gets in based on whether they accept the person or not. You would think to yourself god that's a pretty awesome door, shutting unwanted intruders out.

Deleted
    What if it's with someone 13, 14, 15? The statutory rape laws are designed to protect children against being groomed for sex by predators, not young teenagers exploring with each other.
    Doesn't make it any more legal.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    As for men, I was a virgin until age 20 I think, no one ever gave me a hard time about it.
    Age 18, also never really had any issues.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Yeah, but since prostitution is illegal over here it's all fine =)
    You'd never know it from all the tales of enjo kosai >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    granted with no positive outcum.
    /icwhatudidthere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    Something that has always bothered me. I know that when I was in college (my first semester ever) there was this girl I met at a Freshman only event and she practically threw herself at me. I could have gone for the kill but getting a young woman pregnant outside of marriage would put shame to our family name and future weddings wouldn't be blessed.

I told some close friends about it and they looked at me weird when I told them that I was still a virgin. How come its us guys that look like aliens or foreign creatures if we haven't "gone in the for kill" yet? However, if girls/women lose theirs, then they are "whores".

Doesn't make sense - why doesn't everyone just save themselves for marriage, so that their significant other will have the keys to their partners' respective gardens? Please enlighten me. I had to leave a groups of friends yesterday because they laughed at my virgin status.
    My cousin made a big deal about waiting until marriage. She was just divorced. Want to know why? Because her husband said their sex life is pathetic. My sister's bestfriend made a big deal about waiting until marriage. She was just divorced. Want to know why? Because her husband had a tiny wang. (Of course, she said it was for a different reason, but she told my sister he was only 2 inches when erect.) My coworker's wife made a big deal about waiting until marriage, so he waited for her. Now he's having an affair because his wife only has straight vaginal sex in one position and refuses to do anything else...

Would you ever buy a car that is going to cost you a million dollars in the long run and one that you're going to be stuck with from now until you die without taking it for a test drive first?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Doesn't make it any more legal.
    Yeah it does. Romeo and Juliet laws make it legal for the reason I just stated.

Granted not every jurisdiction have that rule, but it's a sensible one.

Girl: I have had sex with 4 boys & you have done it with 8 girls, still everybody calls me a SLUT & calls you a REAL MAN. Please explain why.

BOY: Very simple. When a lock is opened by many keys, it becomes a BAD LOCK. But when a key opens many locks, it becomes a MASTER KEY!

(lock/key analogy)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    So, has anyone come out with that ridiculously fucking asinine saying about locks and keys yet?

In my own experience, I've seen both girls and boys mocked for being virgins. Girls that wouldn't screw a guy after a few dates were deemed 'frigid' or some such.
    It's all a load of old bollocks if you ask me. What people do with their own sex lives is their business. If someone wants to wait, good for them. If not, likewise.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Sometimes you need to let things roll off you like water off a ducks back.

Quote Originally Posted by even View Post
    Girl: I have had sex with 4 boys & you have done it with 8 girls, still everybody calls me a SLUT & calls you a REAL MAN. Please explain why.

BOY: Very simple. When a lock is opened by many keys, it becomes a BAD LOCK. But when a key opens many locks, it becomes a MASTER KEY!

(lock/key analogy)
    Pretty much already touched on this. Both genders are slut-shamed to a degree. One gender is labeled as 'pure' for being a virgin, whereas the other is ridiculed: that's the basis for this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    So, has anyone come out with that ridiculously fucking asinine saying about locks and keys yet?
    Oh God, I'm laughing so hard right now.

10+ Year Old Account

(lock/key analogy)
    You mean a dumb misogynistic analogy we've heard a million times now.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted

(lock/key analogy)
    Only that women chooses their partners and thus that analogy is just plain out bad.

Deleted
    Yeah it does. Romeo and Juliet laws make it legal for the reason I just stated.

Granted not every jurisdiction have that rule, but it's a sensible one.
    No, as soon as it's younger than 15 (or 14 can't remember) it's considered a pedophile, even if both parties are of the same age. They can both want it at the age of 14 and it would still be illegal. Whether it's correct and good law or not is not my place to judge...but you shouldn't promote stuff that is against the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Only that women chooses their partners and thus that analogy is just plain out bad.
    A lot of people assume you would sleep with everyone because you started early. I don't approve of anything younger than 16 myself...but I get where you are coming from.

I still don't think you should promote it on a public forum as sex at a young age goes more times wrong than at a later age because you aren't mentally ready for it in most cases. But again, some people are mature faster than others...hence I said it goes wrong in most cases.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-01-03 at 04:09 PM.

(lock/key analogy)
    I don't know why every time someone will come along with this tired old fail analogy and act as though it's some brilliant insight.