10+ Year Old Account

Terokk's Legacy & Transmogification Proposal

So i have a forum started on the official wow site: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415646762
    But i wanted to be able to post a copy on here as well. Inb4 wall of text, it's broken up and listed in a way thats readable. Inb4 OP can't inb4.

So after completing the quest Terokk's Legacy on my monk, http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29606, I was prompted to turn it in for some quest rewards. Simple enough, just like any other quest, i look at the items to see what i can transmog and pick that. However, there are two choices in particular that i rather enjoyed. Terokk's quill http://www.wowhead.com/item=29329, and Terokk's Mask http://www.wowhead.com/item=29332.

Now, why would this pose a tough choice? Because both are the only items available in game for transmogification. The only other item like the quill was removed from game (lvl 20 paladin quest for Blood Knights) and the Blood Elf Bandit Mask is a white-quality item with no stats, so it is not eligible for transmogging. Why blizzard would you do this to those that love your past designs?

I sent in a ticket and a following suggestion ticket, but they didnt give me enough characters to fully type out a well-thought out proposal. So, with that said, I propose a handful of suggestions:

1. Follow up in a rather close future patch to allow a new batch of transmoggable items. Whether it allows more white-quality items or it means to recode some RP-favorable items to give them stats and a green-quality or above status is your call.

2. If there is any spare time for some game designers to look in the past and see what items are so limited that there is no other similar designed item or it is no longer available, to find a way to allow them back into circulation. (Although I would prefer it wasn't via BMAH, if i must spend 10k+ to get an item from 60-naxx, so be it) This I assume would probably be limited to items that weren't legendary or legendary in nature. (No Corrupted Ashbringer remodels for example, although a BMAH sale would catch a hefty gold sink don't you think?)

3. Allow some way for items to be able to turned into account-bound. For those lucky to have endured a rigorous expedition through the dark halls of Naxxramas overbearing the plaguelands, or to pass the initiation under the watchful eyes of the Blood Knights, the riches and spoils that were bestowed upon them were to be treasured for years to come. If there is some way where the coding would not be incommodious, could there be some discussion about being able to "warp" items into being a type of account-bound item? Whether it be the actual item or the coding that's kept in some type of transmog-bank-storage feature for future characters to be able to retrieve that information for a hefty price. (The large price for it could dissent some people from using this feature instead of simply farming the item if it is commonly available, and have more people do the content still to avoid any problems with that.)

Any suggestions, comments, concerns, (dis)agreements or otherwise? :P I hope that it was thought out enough to be able to cover all ground points without going into a (more) lengthy introduction.

:] Until then, I'll keep the quest in my quest log, hopelessly trying to decide which quest reward to choose over the other. (unless someone would be kind to plop both in my bags <3)
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

There are several quest rewards that one might ignore at the given time and wish they hadn't afterwards (specially now, with transmog). I'd like to see all of these quest items avaiable somewhere, too. Some NPC similar to the ones that give you lost pets, tabards or keys would be perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the quill has a few other models in game

its the staff thats unique if i remember

its still in my guys bank

i loved it
    like a brother

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    There are several quest rewards that one might ignore at the given time and wish they hadn't afterwards (specially now, with transmog). I'd like to see all of these quest items avaiable somewhere, too. Some NPC similar to the ones that give you lost pets, tabards or keys would be perfect.
    that would be quite enjoyable if they could spare the resources for that

@Greymane, if you're talking about the Shadowstaff, I'm happy to report that it's still available in game. But yes it is a unique model. The quill is a unique model now, there was 1 other similar model but it was removed from game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 07:05 AM ----------

there are some good follow ups on the main forums as well add to there if you have your own opinion about any of the transmog ideas please. Help bring it up to any game developers and quest designer teams.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."