Poll: Should we Kill Sylvanas instead of Garrosh?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    So this thread is only for people who hate Sylvanas?
    Yeah, pretty much. Was surprised more people havent responded to how leading and dumb the poll choices are.

But anyway, the correct answer is, "No, because she is much prettier than Garrosh"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    So this thread is only for people who hate Sylvanas?
    yup, or in other words mmo-champion forum posters that only play alliance and have at some point played through the worgen starting zone. If I played only alliance I'm pretty sure I would hate sylvanas just as much as some of the people in this thread. To bad I only play horde and 80% of my toons are undead XD.

Other - both poll options suck.

Kill Garrosh, rez him, kill him again then let Sylvanas be warchief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    She uses the Plague no matter what strain they use ignoring Garrosh's orders. Cromosh or whatever may approve but doesn't mean Garrosh approves either. She raises people into Forsaken via Val'kyr which is a Scourge tactic and we're supposed to be ok with it? Yeah no that's a double standard.

She also blight bombed Southshore into utter nothing and it gets out of control oh and that farm. Warcrimes they could be and could not be but she's still a hefty criminal.
    Just a question, what did you expect from a faction which consists of purely undead members? How are they supposed to reproduce? Everyone who gets ressed into undeath has the choice to join the Forsaken, go elsewhere (like the Argent Crusade Undead) or return into their grave. Garrosh wanted Sylvanas to attack Gilneas, but he detailed his orcish troops elsewhere.. thats the reason why Worgen could even escape their death (some of them even turned humen into Worgen, as a "last resort" against being turned into a Forsaken). Afterwards Sylvanas resorted to use the Plague... but, honestly, why would any Horde member care about how their enemies die?

The Horde is completely fine with Sylvanas ressing more Forsaken, while it doesnt matter what the Alliance members think. Remember, without the Alliance races being prejudicable and rasist, there wouldnt be the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the blood elf redemption story where the blood elves were forgiven of their crimes, and velen used m'uru's essence to reignite the sunwell for them in order to heal their hearts and their society. afterwards the blood knights decided to become a proper paladin order instead of "paladins by force".
    Ah. I'd forgotten about that. Yeah, that was lame and very out of Blizzard's character. Probably why I forget it happened. =P 'course, a lot of their story decisions (not just in WarCraft) have been a bit out-of-character lately. :shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No, she wants to take Lordaeron for her and the Forsaken.
    No, she doesn't you're wrong and not paying attention. She wants to end all life on Azeroth and unite it in common undeath, serving her for eternity. I'd call her Scourge Lite, but there's nothing 'lite' about it. She's no better than the Lich King himself, and by right should share his fate.

"One must be careful when hunting monsters lest one thereby become a monster."
    "The first rule of the fanatic: when you become obsessed with the enemy, you becomes the enemy."

Her private war against Arthas has in turn, made her into the very thing she hated, and with her must we deal the same as with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. Was surprised more people havent responded to how leading and dumb the poll choices are.

But anyway, the correct answer is, "No, because she is much prettier than Garrosh"
    Why do people act as if Sylvanas is a sweet person
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You're coloring badass as grey. You can be badass and not be grey. She was not flavorless. Her ideals and personality is what makes her shine aside from being a good looking girl.
    I never said that you can't be a bad ass if you are not grey. I don't think many people would disagree with the sentiment of my post which was she is much more compelling now.

She was flavorless because of her impotency. For many years, she has held fast to ideas such as tolerance, understanding and possible peace. Yet, she was always out shined or overridden by male characters. I would have found her more interesting if she actually did things like using political clout to stop her father from trying to go to war with thrall's horde. She is much more compelling now. She has power and is willing to use it. Keeping power locked away for the sake of better virtues is boring!

Give her a break. She's died twice, her homeland was turned into a pile of black death, her right-hand man, Varimathras (conveniently found to the left of her) turned on her, and her sister is nowhere to be found. She's had a hard 3 lives...

Sylvanas for Warchief!

This would be like Harry Potter getting to the last book and then deciding to abandon Voldemort and go after Percy Weasley instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghonda View Post
    Give her a break. She's died twice, her homeland was turned into a pile of black death, her right-hand man, Varimathras (conveniently found to the left of her) turned on her, and her sister is nowhere to be found. She's had a hard 3 lives...
    In all fairness her trusting Varimathras was one of the most comical choices a characters made in Warcraft. The icing on the cake was when Thrall decided he was trustworthy as well .

Oh you Dreadlords!

Deleted
    Where's the option for: "No she is the hottest char in wow"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MathAddict View Post
    I never said that you can't be a bad ass if you are not grey. I don't think many people would disagree with the sentiment of my post which was she is much more compelling now.

She was flavorless because of her impotency. For many years, she has held fast to ideas such as tolerance, understanding and possible peace. Yet, she was always out shined or overridden by male characters. I would have found her more interesting if she actually did things like using political clout to stop her father from trying to go to war with thrall's horde. She is much more compelling now. She has power and is willing to use it. Keeping power locked away for the sake of better virtues is boring!

Ok being overriden by male characters is understandable, doesn't mean she has to go grey. That's a bad reason to go bad, I understand why she did don't get me wrong. Doesn't mean it hurts seeing one of my favorite characters of Warcraft go down. She's pretty much the same compelling as she was before. Keeping power locked away for the sake of better virtues is boring to you, others may agree but I don't think that's exactly fair.

Honestly the fact Jaina despite being powerful used it only when necessary was an appealing thing to me and I liked that. I'm ok with her fighting back but it went...somewhat over the line which hurts and something I didn't like. I think people are just looking for a badass and not actually think what that means. I mean you can be entertained without "KILL THEM GET ALL OF THEM ANGRY."

I personally feel Jaina filled something that was apparent in the morality the Alliance has, sure Varian is somewhat filling that to but I don't think we need someone to be symbolic of the Alliance getting annoyed at the Horde. I would think Rogers was that but hey.

I still feel Jaina should tone it down a bit IMO because her character shouldn't be *assassinated figuratively* for the sake of a crazy need of being badass. It can be just as entertaining without the radical over necessity of violence or whatever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

She is NOT a scum and NO, I wouldn't kill anyone apart from the Garrosh mongrel.

Ok being overriden by male characters is understandable, doesn't mean she has to go grey. That's a bad reason to go bad, I understand why she did don't get me wrong. Doesn't mean it hurts seeing one of my favorite characters of Warcraft go down. She's pretty much the same compelling as she was before. Keeping power locked away for the sake of better virtues is boring to you, others may agree but I don't think that's exactly fair.

Honestly the fact Jaina despite being powerful used it only when necessary was an appealing thing to me and I liked that. I'm ok with her fighting back but it went...somewhat over the line which hurts and something I didn't like. I think people are just looking for a badass and not actually think what that means. I mean you can be entertained without "KILL THEM GET ALL OF THEM ANGRY."

I personally feel Jaina filled something that was apparent in the morality the Alliance has, sure Varian is somewhat filling that to but I don't think we need someone to be symbolic of the Alliance getting annoyed at the Horde. I would think Rogers was that but hey.

I still feel Jaina should tone it down a bit IMO because her character shouldn't be *assassinated figuratively* for the sake of a crazy need of being badass. It can be just as entertaining without the radical over necessity of violence or whatever.
    Don't get me wrong, she does not need to commit green genocide. Just the fact that she is willing to lash back and push male figures aside for her own sentiments now is what I am referring to as being a bad ass. She is going to do what she feels is right with much less regard to what people like varian think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    For bashing a nation of people: "you believe the lies jews created" or the nice little quip: "You're a fucking racist"

Thats probably why. Anyway, dont discuss moderator actions, or you can be infracted again.

OT: Since when did it become okay to kill humans or any other faction to raise as undead.

Also, it wasn't "90% elves" that were raised as undead, they were the humans of Lorderaon. Get your facts straight.
    90% of the elves were killed by arthas, however the foresaken are mainly composed of elves, not all of them were raised. It's comprised of humans too, no denying it.

1: biased pool much? Even the no to killing her involves her being bad bad (not horde bad, as in evil)
    2: From what i could understand from the undead quests she uses the scourge thingie to produce more undeads because:
    -Undead can't reproduce like others can, so her people would die out and....
    -To help the horde as a whole building a force, but not like a mindless "go attack everything like brainles zombies" (see what i did there?)

....and instead of garosh?! Did the sha get to your brain aswell? O.o
    Kick out garosh but killing sylvanas would be like letting Hitler go, but kill some other high "ranked" german guy, just because he's german. (And there it is, that theory about hitler or religion in any internet discussion)

I mean, Garosh is going ape shit tablespoon crazy from sha infestation. And all you wanna do it kick him out of the horde?
    And then kill Sylvanas, which i admit is getting a little mad cat-lady-ish, because she did something against Garoshes will?

But then again, i'm not one of those intense loore g33kz, so I might have mixed up something. But if it's not my brain going coocoo, then i plain simply smell a garosh fanboy, with some mainstream-sylvanas hate right there....

(No offence ment, just...didn't make all that much sense to me from what I could understand/what i know)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    -Undead can't reproduce like others can, so her people would die out and....
    The problem about this is, they hate the people who afflicted them with this curse, i mean before Cata their only motive was vengeance on the Lich King for bringing this curse of Undeath upon them.

Now they bring this very same curse upon others.

-To help the horde as a whole building a force, but not like a mindless "go attack everything like brainles zombies" (see what i did there?)
    From a military standpoint the Forsaken are the strongest force of the playable, they are Undead which allows them survive any prolonged Siege and they got the Plague, which pretty much the Nuclear Bomb of WoW.

Kick out garosh but killing sylvanas would be like letting Hitler go, but kill some other high "ranked" german guy, just because he's german. (And there it is, that theory about hitler or religion in any internet discussion)
    Sylvanas commited crimes as well, personally i blame her for keeping Varimathras as Majordomo of her City and it's consequences coming from that.

And in terms of personality they got very close, both persons take any tool available to them to aqcuire more, no matter the consequences.

then i plain simply smell a garosh fanboy, with some mainstream-sylvanas hate right there....
    I despise Garrosh since MoP, he's a dick, no discussion about it.

But Sylvanas has a fanbase which i cannot explain without saying that comes down to the fact that she's a female character.

She was cool in Wc3, in WoW she mostly achieves victory by using the Plague, a product of the person who betrayed and nearly killed her.

the one word that describes Sylvanas (and by extention the Forsaken) is ruthless
    we will achieve victory at any cost not letting such petty things as "honor" and "morality" stand in our way
    the will to survive is extremely compelling and to even keep your sanity as a Forsaken takes extreme willpower as such each and every Forsaken has the "Will of the Forsaken"
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    From a military standpoint the Forsaken are the strongest force of the playable, they are Undead which allows them survive any prolonged Siege and they got the Plague, which pretty much the Nuclear Bomb of WoW.
    I wouldn't say that tbh.
    Before the Val'kyr it's made pretty clear the Forsaken would've otherwise been defeated.
    Now with the Val'kyr they're stronger but still not strong enough. They were barely able to hold their own against a group of Worgen Survivors and had to resort to using not military based methods (Blackmail/Threaten) to attain what is a temporary victory. On top of this Sylvanas has shown to fear the idea of the Humans making a full on counter attack as evidenced by her pleas to Garrosh during ToW.

Th Forsaken are definitely stronger than they once were but I still don't think they're as strong as the other races. So far their attacks have very much been sudden large scale shock and awe attacks, and now that the Humans are fully aware of what they up against they'll be prepared.