Thread: Hacked?

Hacked?

Greetings my fellow WoW players. I have been playing this game more or less since 2005. I have never encountered an issue when it came to my account and always tried to make sure my account (and computer) is safe. This morning I tried to log onto the WoW Armory on my Android and it said that my account was "Locked, banned or suspended, or under review." WHAT!? I am not sure what went wrong. I was told that I should have received an email if there was something going on. Never received such a message. Last time I logged on, all that I did was do the usual dalies and threw some items on the AH. How could I be locked/banned/suspended for something like that?

I am just wondering if any of you folks might have had the same issue. While I admit, there are times when I would give my two cents when someone is acting like a real tool (like in LFR when they are acting like jerks) I have never crossed the line with it.

Should I just try and give Blizzard a call? Thanks for your input!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragorders View Post
    Greetings my fellow WoW players. I have been playing this game more or less since 2005. I have never encountered an issue when it came to my account and always tried to make sure my account (and computer) is safe. This morning I tried to log onto the WoW Armory on my Android and it said that my account was "Locked, banned or suspended, or under review." WHAT!? I am not sure what went wrong. I was told that I should have received an email if there was something going on. Never received such a message. Last time I logged on, all that I did was do the usual dalies and threw some items on the AH. How could I be locked/banned/suspended for something like that?

I am just wondering if any of you folks might have had the same issue. While I admit, there are times when I would give my two cents when someone is acting like a real tool (like in LFR when they are acting like jerks) I have never crossed the line with it.

Should I just try and give Blizzard a call? Thanks for your input!
    just open a ticket and told them you have been hacked. it will be fixed soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like someone hacked your email. And used a previous email to gain your accounnt name and access your account.

Then when the email was sent explaining this to you the hacker deleted the email.

Very similar to something that happened to me.

Lucky I have an authenticator and they weren't able to get past that. Hopefully you have one too.

Don't open a ticket, give them a call ASAP.

Oh crud. Well thankfully I do have an authenticator attached to the account. If all goes well, then I plan on using the mobile as well if that helps. I will try to give them a buzz today, thank you for the info! I have a feeling this is going to be a long day.

Deleted
    Before any of that, though, run a full MalwareBytes scan, to check for keyloggers on your main computer.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Before any of that, though, run a full MalwareBytes scan, to check for keyloggers on your main computer.
    Going to run a scan today. Just to make sure. I did manage to contact Blizzard (only a 1 min wait!) and they said that it is typical for this issue to happen when the day of the new billing cycle happens and this is an exclusive issue with WoW's Armory. But they assured me everything was A-OK. But heck, you never know, I rather play it on the safe side. Thank you all for the help and advice!